• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,496,016
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102
D

Deleted User

OP
With how incredibly slow network installs are with the latest versions, as compared to 1.4.17... why is this never fixed?
Out of curiosity, have you ever used the QR code/URL installer, and if so, does it perform faster than the regular network installer?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, have you ever used the QR code/URL installer, and if so, does it perform faster than the regular network installer?
It does for me. Though the sock file has been slow for me regardless of version. It caps out around 128 kb/s, then slowly drops to 32 in increments of 4.

D

Deleted User

OP
It does for me. Though the sock file has been slow for me regardless of version. It caps out around 128 kb/s, then slowly drops to 32 in increments of 4.
Interesting. I've been considering replacing sockfile and network install with a simple HTTP server & QR generator script for the QR code installer. Would use a more standard protocol and possibly perform better.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I've been considering replacing sockfile and network install with a simple HTTP server & QR generator script for the QR code installer. Would use a more standard protocol and possibly perform better.
Yeah, I've been running a light nginx and h5ai setup locally to do the same thing.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Heh, never thought about generating a QR Code on my local server, seems it was easy enough to do, doesn't seem to like spaces in file names though... not that I've looked too hard into it just wanted to quickly test a small install.

Will have to try this out with something bigger down the line :) wish I could have FBI connect to a file list on my server and just let me pick what is there.

D

Deleted User

OP
FBI v2.4.3 has been released.
  • Add waithax support. (untested)
  • Add action to delete unused tickets.
  • Add loading screens to multi-file operations.
  • Check if FBI already has service access before executing kernel exploits.
  • Delete existing file instead of overwriting when pasting. Fixes pasting into extdata.
  • Improve title destination detection.
  • Replace network installation with utility for generating a QR code to serve CIA files over local HTTP.
  • Fix delete action use-after-free.
  • Fix performing actions in current directory after renaming it.

P

PaiiNSteven

OP
FBI v2.4.3 has been released.
  • Add waithax support. (untested)
  • Add action to delete unused tickets.
  • Add loading screens to multi-file operations.
  • Check if FBI already has service access before executing kernel exploits.
  • Delete existing file instead of overwriting when pasting. Fixes pasting into extdata.
  • Improve title destination detection.
  • Replace network installation with utility for generating a QR code to serve CIA files over local HTTP.
  • Fix delete action use-after-free.
  • Fix performing actions in current directory after renaming it.
Nice, great work.

waynelimt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi, anyone encountered an error while trying to execute the servefiles.py script? I've installed the dependencies for the script, but while running it shows an error and just aborted execution.
permissionerror.png

Anyone has a solution to this? I'm using Python 3 on Windows 10. Thanks in advance~

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
hi, anyone encountered an error while trying to execute the servefiles.py script? I've installed the dependencies for the script, but while running it shows an error and just aborted execution.
permissionerror.png

Anyone has a solution to this? I'm using Python 3 on Windows 10. Thanks in advance~
Protip: Remove spaces and special characters from your file names. They aren't properly escaped. Also, I dunno what that permission error is about, but look into that.

Last edited by Joom,
D

Deleted User

OP
Protip: Remove spaces and special characters from your file names. They aren't properly escaped. Also, I dunno what that permission error is about, but look into that.
The permission error is simply a result of the QR code image file not being created properly due to another error. The real error here is that the list of URLs is too big for one QR code.

EDIT: Also, good catch on not escaping URLs. I've re-uploaded the build zip with a fix.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: I pwned U! and Joom
D

Deleted User

OP
Reactions: angelhp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work