ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
So this save editor absolutely requires a modified 3DS with CFW and stuff like that to even use?

If that's the case, then I am really disappointed...

I was hoping there was a way to do all of that from my COMPUTER and not with the need of a hacked/modified 3DS.

Is there no program at all that we can just use on our computer instead to extract and/or "dump" the Fantasy Life save so I can actually edit the damn thing?

I don't mean to take a sharp tone, I'm just very frustrated to find out that this tool is only for modified/hacked 3DS users and isn't just something you can use from your computer. I just want to edit my Fantasy Life save already...

Well it works on your Computer and not on your 3DS. But you still need a way to dump your save to get it in there and reinject it afterwards.

I have a Save Dumper that works based on the Spider Exploit and therefore doesn't require a hacked/modded 3DS.
Same for the Injector. However this means it injects/dumps into/from the running RAM and therefore the Injecting won't be able to edit everything (but most of the stuff) sicne some things are kept on loaded and they won't change with injecting.
However this requires you to have the Spider Browser to run the Spider Exploit. So you either need to have a unhacked/unmodded 3DS that is not updated to the newest Version but instead runs on 9.5 or a modded/hacked one with the Browser Spoof to get back the Spider Browser.

About your rant why this needs to be dumped to edit it - You have to have the data on your Computer to edit it there in some way. If you have an Idea on how you could actually make it possible to have Live editing by synchronizing the 3DS RAM with something on your Computer that would be awesome for everyone here. However I don't think it's as easy if possible and it would almost certainly require a hacked 3DS to synchronize the Data since it would have to read out the RAM (128 MB) send the data to the computer and lifeupdate any changes done from Computer and on 3DS - therefore it would have to send 128MB back and forth all the time and I don't think this kind of RAM editing is so easy. The next way would be to shrink it down based on the Savedata RAM part. (this is how Save dumping/injecting works). This is in the case of Fantasy Life 237kB of Data. Lifeupdating that would be possible and shouldn't be to much lag for the 3DS to handle. Still you would need something to actually permaupdate and live-synchronize the Data on 3DS and Computer if you want to bypass the RAM part.
Which still - would certainly require a modded 3DS that has a permanent RAM read/write that live updates with your Computer and a program on the Computer that also accepts read/writes the send data. And I still think - this could still lag out and crash your 3DS since the 3DS is already "struggling" at dumping/injecting the RAM (fast). Live Permaupdates are almost impossible I'd say.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So this save editor absolutely requires a modified 3DS with CFW and stuff like that to even use?

If that's the case, then I am really disappointed...

I was hoping there was a way to do all of that from my COMPUTER and not with the need of a hacked/modified 3DS.

Is there no program at all that we can just use on our computer instead to extract and/or "dump" the Fantasy Life save so I can actually edit the damn thing?

I don't mean to take a sharp tone, I'm just very frustrated to find out that this tool is only for modified/hacked 3DS users and isn't just something you can use from your computer. I just want to edit my Fantasy Life save already...
please forward your rant on console security to nintnedo, maybe next time they will just leave everything plaintext with no encryption or signatures to deal with.......maybe they will throw in a save editor....and screw that, just include a emulator for the console for PC so then we dont even need a console, nevermind a hacked one..........maybe then you will have your fantasy life ;)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That was hardly a rant and was pretty short (seriously) and you're both misunderstanding what I'm saying/what I was getting at here...

I'm saying there needs to be a save extractor/save dumper program for PC, as in you can use it on PC and it "dumps"/extracts 3DS saves and doesn't need a modified/hacked 3DS to use it. Does that make more sense? I worded it poorly because I was frustrated and not thinking 100% at the moment. (Frustration will do that to you.)

If there can be such a program for Xbox 360 (Examples: Horizon 360 and Modio) and PS3 (Examples: Bruteforce and other programs) that you can use as a program on the PC, without a modded console, I would think it can be done for 3DS. Of course, I'm no expert and know nothing about programming and nor do I proclaim to, but it couldn't hurt to mention it regardless.

Instead of only having one that you can use only on a modified/hacked 3DS, why not make a program that lets you do that on PC instead? After all, we can still insert our SD cards into the PC and mess with it from there and that's the idea.

The snark from gamesquest1 was not necessary as I was having a simple moment of frustration and just venting, so I will do you a favor (I really mean that with due respect, not pompousness, take it as you will) and disregard that. I hope you realize I am talking about the game Fantasy Life and not requesting a "Fantasy Life". You did not understand what I was requesting/getting at and everything you mentioned is not at all relevant and nor does it need to be "forwarded".

TheDeKay's response was a little better and explanatory, "rant" comment aside. (Not sure why this turned bold?)

Either way, I don't ever intend to have a modified/hacked 3DS and prefer to keep mine legit. (I couldn't have that anyway since I always keep my 3DS up to date on official Nintendo updates/firmware. I also like being able to go online to play with others without getting banned.)

My frustration comes from legit 3DS users being excluded from being able to use this. I was happy when I found this and started looking into downloading it and the things needed to run it until I found out the save extractors/dumpers were only for hacked/modified 3DS systems.

I get why you two are having your own rants at me and attacking me, but it wasn't necessary or at all warranted, it should've been looked at for what it really was: Just a minor moment of first-time (first time for this forum, that is) frustration and therefore easily forgivable and passable. That is beside the point that I did not mention any names or aim any of what I said at any members in this thread. We all say things we don't mean in moment of frustration and that was kind of the point- To vent and let it out a bit and possibly have folks put more thought into this kind of thing and get a further dialogue going.

Long and short of it is that it wasn't an attack on anyone specifically and I honestly don't see how you two took it that way.

I saw it as valid, though probably not constructive, criticism.

Either way, I got an answer about why it's not possible and I accept the answer, but remain disappointed.

If there's nothing that can be done, then there's nothing that can be done. Fair enough.
i think you took my comment all too seriously, its a joke.....but if you want further explination of why its not possible, basically the 3DS is a lot more secure than the xbox 360 or PC games with how it deals with its saves, they are encrypted using the AES engine with built in key-scrambler making decryption virtually impossible without knowing the plaintext of the save in the first place (unless you use the 3DS to do the decryption hence the reliance on a hacked 3DS)....but not only that, they are signed.....

so even if you got past the encryption the save has to be signed by a 3DS too, as i said the 3DS is actually a very secure system (technically speaking), and that is in place to make hackers lives as hard as possible as we all know a large majority of hacks stem from injecting exploits into saves on a lot of systems, so encrypting and signing saves was nintendo's way of making sure that the system was secure against the average joe hacker (amongst other things).....unless some big breakthrough occurs and a way to emulate/replicate the AES engine and keyscrambler is figured out and signing saves hacks etc will nearly always rely on some sort of exploit be it decryption and signing by the console or injecting via ram hacks during play

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
That was hardly a rant and was pretty short (seriously) and you're both misunderstanding what I'm saying/what I was getting at here...

I'm saying there needs to be a save extractor/save dumper program for PC, as in you can use it on PC and it "dumps"/extracts 3DS saves and doesn't need a modified/hacked 3DS to use it. Does that make more sense? I worded it poorly because I was frustrated and not thinking 100% at the moment. (Frustration will do that to you.)

If there can be such a program for Xbox 360 (Examples: Horizon 360 and Modio) and PS3 (Examples: Bruteforce and other programs) that you can use as a program on the PC, without a modded console, I would think it can be done for 3DS. Of course, I'm no expert and know nothing about programming and nor do I proclaim to, but it couldn't hurt to mention it regardless.

Instead of only having one that you can use only on a modified/hacked 3DS, why not make a program that lets you do that on PC instead? After all, we can still insert our SD cards into the PC and mess with it from there and that's the idea.

The snark from gamesquest1 was not necessary as I was having a simple moment of frustration and just venting, so I will do you a favor (I really mean that with due respect, not pompousness, take it as you will) and disregard that. I hope you realize I am talking about the game Fantasy Life and not requesting a "Fantasy Life". You did not understand what I was requesting/getting at and everything you mentioned is not at all relevant and nor does it need to be "forwarded".

TheDeKay's response was a little better and explanatory, "rant" comment aside. (Not sure why this turned bold?)

Either way, I don't ever intend to have a modified/hacked 3DS and prefer to keep mine legit. (I couldn't have that anyway since I always keep my 3DS up to date on official Nintendo updates/firmware. I also like being able to go online to play with others without getting banned.)

My frustration comes from legit 3DS users being excluded from being able to use this. I was happy when I found this and started looking into downloading it and the things needed to run it until I found out the save extractors/dumpers were only for hacked/modified 3DS systems.

I get why you two are having your own rants at me and attacking me, but it wasn't necessary or at all warranted, it should've been looked at for what it really was: Just a minor moment of first-time (first time for this forum, that is) frustration and therefore easily forgivable and passable. That is beside the point that I did not mention any names or aim any of what I said at any members in this thread. We all say things we don't mean in moment of frustration and that was kind of the point- To vent and let it out a bit and possibly have folks put more thought into this kind of thing and get a further dialogue going.

Long and short of it is that it wasn't an attack on anyone specifically and I honestly don't see how you two took it that way.

Either way, I got an answer about why it's not possible and I accept the answer, but remain disappointed.

If there's nothing that can be done, then there's nothing that can be done. Fair enough.

Well, I wasn't trying to attack you in any way and I actually thought I put rant in quotation marks. It kinda sounded like a rant since your "argumentation" was including some curse words and had this frustrated "flamer touch" to it. (Don't get this wrong please.)

From reading it people can see that you might not be as experienced with this stuff as others might be.
So I tried to explain you a little about the "environment" around the 3DS Hacking (and that was just scratching the surface to fit this topic) to help you understand this in specific.

That said - Everything in console hacking is usually based on some kind of exploit that can be found. Usually the Console Developer tries to fix those exploits with firmware updates when they realize there is a bug that can be exploited.

Therefore most hacks are not forever since they are mostly getting fixed. So when there is something like a kernel exploit that gives you "system access" you are in luck and can basically do everything with your console (see it as a Computer with lowend hardware). Usually only the developer has this access and he likes to keep it that was so you only have limited access to your console (like having a nice TV but not having the remote to switch the program). If the Developer finds those exploits they obviously try to fix them asap. And the Hacker who got this access obviously wants to keep it and tries to get workarounds for patches (emunand / sysnand difference).

Now to the SD Card.
Of course this is some kind of "external" harddrive , but most of the data on it gets encrypted. This encryption is based on the individual console and therefore it is hard to break. There is not one correct solution for every console. Instead you would have to find the encryption salt for your SD Card Data and decrypt it by hand. In that case you could freely edit everything and encrypt the edited stuff again and have everything working with a unhacked/unmodded and updated 3DS. This is just very hard to figure out and requires a good amount of base knowledge and RE skills.
A Datafiler basically does this but it can read out the data that is decrypted by your 3DS and save it to make you able to read it.
Basically like having a compiled program - You can take a look at it when it's not running but you won't be able to know what's happening.
Now you run the program and know what's haplening but you dont know how. Therefore editing it won't help you and probably break it since you don't know what part responds to what.
If you however attach a debugger or a Ram editor to the program while it's running you can take a look at what changes in specific cases and might be able to get some script parts in clean out of it. After knowing some of the parts that respond to specific parts you could now edit your program in some way and it would likely have the desired effect (if you know what you are doing).

But you usually don't have this kind of permission on your Console. It's like a rented Car - you can drive it, but not color it oder modify it.

Edit: gamesquest1 actually explained that encryption/decryption part really well.
(Took me 20 minutes to write all this shit on mobile so I didn't see his response before)

pancake64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i carnt find savedatafiler or 138 file and flsave tool nothings working :( is it my computer is fast windows quad core 64 bit that's all I know bout it

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
please forward your rant on console security to nintnedo, maybe next time they will just leave everything plaintext with no encryption or signatures to deal with.......maybe they will throw in a save editor....and screw that, just include a emulator for the console for PC so then we dont even need a console, nevermind a hacked one..........maybe then you will have your fantasy life ;)

I emailed Ninty, they said they'll get right on the security issues we've all been having.

They did apologize by sending me 150 copies of Jack Frost for the Virtual Boy and The Wizard on BetaMax.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I emailed Ninty, they said they'll get right on the security issues we've all been having.

They did apologize by sending me 150 copies of Jack Frost for the Virtual Boy and The Wizard on BetaMax.
damn them, all i got was a life size cardboard cutout of this guy
lou_albano_super_mario_640.jpg

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found how to control the Ranks and stars for every Life.
New version coming soon

I have an issue, I have modified my save file (Mainly for dosh only) At the beginnin it seemed that all of the lifes were unlocked but i didnt pay much attention to it at first. But now after 40hours of being a wizard I wanted to start mining. Went and changed my life, but when I go to talk to douglas I am unable to start as a minner, he just gives me random advice and I dont get the "RED ! mark" and I cannot start any life. Any idea? Can I fix this?

===EDIT===

Maybe a way to reset the tutorials? I believe this could be the issue,

===EDIT2===

Or to reset a life? I dont seem to find a way to do this, aww have I lost the ability to play any other life?

Last edited by Pecrow,

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an issue, I have modified my save file (Mainly for dosh only) At the beginnin it seemed that all of the lifes were unlocked but i didnt pay much attention to it at first. But now after 40hours of being a wizard I wanted to start mining. Went and changed my life, but when I go to talk to douglas I am unable to start as a minner, he just gives me random advice and I dont get the "RED ! mark" and I cannot start any life. Any idea? Can I fix this?

===EDIT===

Maybe a way to reset the tutorials? I believe this could be the issue,

===EDIT2===

Or to reset a life? I dont seem to find a way to do this, aww have I lost the ability to play any other life?

You can reset your life by just putting your Rank down to Novice(Save Editor doesn't support lower which could be the Issue) and setting the stars to 0.
Or you just put the Rank down to Fletchling (Rank 2) and give yourself 100 Stars for that life (basically skips the intro).

I usually do FL hacking with RAM Injecting since it's a lot more convenient and you can do so much more than by using a Save Editor.
If you are able to use the Browser Exploit (which you should be if you can use the Save Editor. If not to the Browser Timewarp) you can just go here to look at some AR Codes. (There are also the Rank AR Codes)

Miner not started:
Code:
039A0BE0 00000000
Miner Fletchling: (In case you already did the 100 Stars Intro Quest)
Code:
039A0BE0 02000064

Hope that helps

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the problem with save dumping also is not just the encryption. somehow Datel was able to break save encryption with the checksum properly updated and the save signed on cartridges so it's certainly possible maybe one day more than Datel can have a way of figuring out how to edit cartridge stored saves. the problem is Fantasy Life in particular has save data stored on the 3ds no matter if you have the game on cartridge or have a digital copy. so no matter what is the progress with cartridge save hacking it requires a hacked 3ds to even get to actual Fantasy Life save data since Level 5 and Nintendo decided to be clever and make it difficult to even access the saves in hopes that people would play their game legitimately and purchase a key for DLC that is actually stored on the cart and hope people wouldn't learn the truth by hacking their saves. And now with exploits patched in updates you're forced to use to get online in games and update your games now hacking game save data and even ram edits are prevented. now only those who can afford to buy an unupdated old3ds on ebay and the ~$80-$100 gateway cart set (ds profile exploit to run gateway3ds cart requires Gateway's DS cart to install the exploit) can even use save hacks and these ram edits and with emunand still eventually be able to use online once gateway custom firmware has been updated to emulate the latest official firmware minus all the security patches and even then the browser has to be downgraded for ram edits on games. and there are also hackers that refuse to make their tool compatible with gateway emunand because they dont support piracy even though it's the only method that is most accessible for hacking and still acessing online. this is the reality that comes when realizing 3ds hacking isn't easy like Wii hacking or DS hacking was. it'd be a miracle if the expensive gateway + emunand features even run on sysnand 9.9.x by some miracle some unpatched exploit still exists and isn't found and patched by Nintendo first. and even if it is found it would have to be kept secret from everybody and any tool that uses it would have to be closed source so the method and exploit isn't discovered and patched. this is the extent to all of this to what it takes to hack this thing. nearly impossible if not for some exploits on older firmware and a way to emulate updates without losing exploitation means.

Last edited by supermariorick,

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can reset your life by just putting your Rank down to Novice(Save Editor doesn't support lower which could be the Issue) and setting the stars to 0.
Or you just put the Rank down to Fletchling (Rank 2) and give yourself 100 Stars for that life (basically skips the intro).

I usually do FL hacking with RAM Injecting since it's a lot more convenient and you can do so much more than by using a Save Editor.
If you are able to use the Browser Exploit (which you should be if you can use the Save Editor. If not to the Browser Timewarp) you can just go here to look at some AR Codes. (There are also the Rank AR Codes)

Miner not started:
Code:
039A0BE0 00000000
Miner Fletchling: (In case you already did the 100 Stars Intro Quest)
Code:
039A0BE0 02000064

Hope that helps

I LOVE YOU !!!

--edit--

I tried the setting rank to novice as well as the fletching but it still says "You have not learned mining yet" nor can I talk to the master to learn it. Ill search on the Ram Injection to see if the code to Miner not started works.

--edit2--

How does one go about doing RAM Injecting for Fantasy Life? I cant find a tutorial anywhere

Last edited by Pecrow,

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
I LOVE YOU !!!

--edit--

I tried the setting rank to novice as well as the fletching but it still says "You have not learned mining yet" nor can I talk to the master to learn it. Ill search on the Ram Injection to see if the code to Miner not started works.

--edit2--

How does one go about doing RAM Injecting for Fantasy Life? I cant find a tutorial anywhere

Do you have the Spider Browser? If not get it. You can use Browser Timewarp to do that. Afterwards you can put a Code here or get existing Codes for FL from here and generate a QR Code to scan and use the AR Code Browser Exploit for RAM Injecting.

Or you open your Savegame in a Hex Editor and replace the bytes from 1FCA0 to 1FCA3 with 00 (go to Offset 1FCA0 and put 00 00 00 00 in.)
After saving and putting your Save in you should be as not started the Life. If that doesn't work there is something else messy.
In that Case just teach Mining to yourself: Open the Savegame go to Offset 1FBA8 and put 00 00 C8 42 01 00 00 00 then import the manipulated Save again. If everything worked out correctly you should have learned Mining Level 1 and have about 100 EXP in Mining.

Last edited by TheDeKay,

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the Spider Browser? If not get it. You can use Browser Timewarp to do that. Afterwards you can put a Code here or get existing Codes for FL from here and generate a QR Code to scan and use the AR Code Browser Exploit for RAM Injecting.

Or you open your Savegame in a Hex Editor and replace the bytes from 1FCA0 to 1FCA3 with 00 (go to Offset 1FCA0 and put 00 00 00 00 in.)
After saving and putting your Save in you should be as not started the Life. If that doesn't work there is something else messy.
In that Case just teach Mining to yourself: Open the Savegame go to Offset 1FBA8 and put 00 00 C8 42 01 00 00 00 then import the manipulated Save again. If everything worked out correctly you should have learned Mining Level 1 and have about 100 EXP in Mining.

Thank you for the update, Ill give the Hex Editor a try, I have a new 3ds and read that the spider browser is not supported on New 3ds.
Now, when you stated "replace the bytes from 1FCA0 to 1FCA3 with 00" Is this only for mining or all other lifes as well? I have the same issue for all other lifes, do you have the "bytes from" for all of the other lifes?? It would be really helpful and get me in the mood to keep playing fantasy life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo