ROM Hack [Spider] ARCode

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
After installing the browser with the working exploit, the browser crashes with "Executing..." and the 3ds becomes unresponsive, do I have to wait a while after that and is it working correctly?

Edit: Probably not, there is no file being created.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should slow down and lower/upper Display might flicking black until its done with error message.

Didn't work for me in sysNAND 4.5, there might be a min. FW to get this working.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Totaly forgot to mention that i've installed my own TimeWarp-Browser.cia including spoof to never expire. It's Nintendo Code, so i cant share it here.

To create your own, you need 3DNUS and DL the TitleID with last good Version and changing it to highest possible Version.

0004003000009D02 > 4096

Make emuNAND BACKUP before installing with devmenu_620 (not .3ds!), because you can't uninstall it!
i thought you could uninstall the browser... it shows up in devmenu for me, i think i tried removing it once and it worked

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thougt it would be impossible because it's a system file, anyway, to re-install you need your correct version and a backup never hurts :)

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Just to clarify liomajor, you installed your modified browser without uninstalling? Maybe that's why it doesn't work for me then. Anyway, how ig are those memdump.bin files, 128MB?

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to clarify liomajor, you installed your modified browser without uninstalling? Maybe that's why it doesn't work for me then. Anyway, how ig are those memdump.bin files, 128MB?

I did no uninstallation of the browser and memory dumping now works in emuNAND. Here's what I did:

And yes, the memory dump will be 128 MB.

Reactions: Margen67

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did no uninstallation of the browser and memory dumping now works in emuNAND. Here's what I did:

Watching your Video, i see three mistakes.

1. Download without changing Version
2. Transfer of Browser Timestamp.cia to SD Card
3. Installing Timewarp.cia with Spoof to 63.63.15 like mine

Installing the same Version might fail as for devmenu will skip
the "same" Version, for this it needs to be at least actual Version
plus 1 what gets 100% exchanged at the next emuNAND Update.

128 MB > 134.217.728 Bytes

trakskills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can confirm that you can install an exploitable browser to your newest emunand with that guide, but Ram dumping/Ram injecting is still not working, same green screen when trying to inject the modified ram back to the game (Animal Crossing in my case).

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess we can't install the spider browser on the New 3DS with Gatway? :D

No

Installing the o3DS Browser will remove n3DS Browser but it will crash > error redownload from Internet.

I can confirm that you can install an exploitable browser to your newest emunand with that guide, but Ram dumping/Ram injecting is still not working, same green screen when trying to inject the modified ram back to the game (Animal Crossing in my case).

You should check your Browser Version Info after starting it, my guess is, yours is not supported.

Ram dump, yes, injecting Ram no. ARCode will only overwrite the Offsets with the Values inside arcode.cht.

I did test dumping 3 Games so far: Majoras Mask, Bravely Default and Animal Crossing.

Everytime my FCRAM.bin got created and i'm capeable manipulating the game with arcode.cht.

Reactions: cearp

trakskills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No

Installing the o3DS Browser will remove n3DS Browser but it will crash > error redownload from Internet.

You should check your Browser Version Info after starting it, my guess is, yours is not supported.

Ram dump, yes, injecting Ram no. ARCode will only overwrite the Offsets with the Values inside arcode.cht.

I did test dumping 3 Games so far: Majoras Mask, Bravely Default and Animal Crossing.

Everytime my FCRAM.bin got created and i'm capeable manipulating the game with arcode.cht.

Yes, dumping works, but injecting not. After installing the browser, my browser version is 1.7567, don't know if it's a good version or not.

Edit: Looked at this page and it says, that I have an exploitable version right now.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Spider_exploit

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe work too also for cheats created by ntrclient for 4.5 ntr-cfw.
If someone want to try, this is the address and value for max rupees on Zelda: ALBW USA:

028b5fa8 : 270e
(address in NTR client is +14000000, so -> 168b5fa8)

Reactions: Margen67

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, dumping works, but injecting not. After installing the browser, my browser version is 1.7567, don't know if it's a good version or not.

Edit: Looked at this page and it says, that I have an exploitable version right now.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Spider_exploit

As for modifying RAM you need to know a little bit on how things work.

Depending on what you want to change, there are more possible Offsets needed to change aquiring it.

Example:

1. Offset for "Item was picked up" to enable the slot
2. Offset for how many Items
3. Offset to display it inside the game
and so on...

Even if its inside RAM, there might be protections like crc > crashing the game

AND/OR

"1 != 1" >>> 4 = 1

AND/OR

Your desired search is twice/trice inside RAM

AND/OR

Your desired search has a counter Value +/- | X +/- real Value

AND/OR

Limits that might crash the game. | max 100 > 101 > crash

You should test first something thats known to work before you say "it's not working" ;)

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Unfortunately, I still cannot seem to get this to work properly. I even installed an old 9.4 emuNAND backup, still no luck on the exploit working. All it does is crash the whole system, no error message is ever shown.

May it have something to do with region? (I'm in EU region)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.