ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

llagreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got it to work. But everytime I try to move a save from another SD card and open FLsavetool I keep getting could not open archive.

llagreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I don't think I was clear. It seems to work whenever the save is created on the same SD card. But when I move a save from another SD card FLsavetool doesn't work. Dose it have to do with nintendo stupid restriction?

sicbeast

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was able to edit the additional effect of crafted items, with that you could get creator time++ even on armor and you don't have to be female to get the "strongest" end game equipment. But then again who needs creator time++, if you can just apply the effect that doubles your special bar filling speed on every tool you have ;) I made a list of all possible effects, which I'll attach. Remember, that you need to search for and write these effects in your save file in opposite order, example:
You have crafted an item, that gives strenth +2, you find the value 00 D6 for it in the list. Now you want to replace it by godmode time++ (01 D1). You search your save file for D6 00 and replace that by D1 01, since the bytes are in opposite order in the save file. If you find multiple occurences of D6 00, the real one should be in the inventory area of the save file and your name should be written near it, since the item saves that name for master crafters, tailors etc.
Oh and the list is in german, since I played it in german, sorry about that. Maybe someone can use my findings, I handcrafted some pretty neat end-game-equipment for my all-creator-wizard from that.

Attachments

• effects.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 480

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Any help please
1,just extract the save on SD1 using FLsavetool,
2,copy the FLsavetool folder onto the new SD with the extracted saves still in place
3, insert the new SD card into the 3ds,
4,create a new save on the second SD,
5,then use FLsavetool again to import the old save over the new one

llagreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1,just extract the save on SD1 using FLsavetool,
2,copy the FLsavetool folder onto the new SD with the extracted saves still in place
3, insert the new SD card into the 3ds,
4,create a new save on the second SD,
5,then use FLsavetool again to import the old save over the new one

I try this and didn't work. I have the old phat 3DS and a New3DS, i'm trying to move the save from the New3DS over to the Old phat 3DS that has the Cubic Ninja hack. But everytime I move the save FLsavetool fails to find the save.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I try this and didn't work. I have the old phat 3DS and a New3DS, i'm trying to move the save from the New3DS over to the Old phat 3DS that has the Cubic Ninja hack. But everytime I move the save FLsavetool fails to find the save.
hmmm does it import properly on the n3DS after you export it?, and are you using the same region game?

llagreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm does it import properly on the n3DS after you export it?, and are you using the same region game?

Whenever I make a new save on the Old phat 3DS with the SD card that came with that 3DS FLsavetool works just fine. But the problem is when I try to move a save from the NEW3DS over to the Old phat 3DS SD card FLsavetool just won't open the save folder. and yeah its the same game copy.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Whenever I make a new save on the Old phat 3DS with the SD card that came with that 3DS FLsavetool works just fine. But the problem is when I try to move a save from the NEW3DS over to the Old phat 3DS SD card FLsavetool just won't open the save folder. and yeah its the same game copy.
you need to extract the save on the console its from, so you cant just move the actual save file from the "nintendo 3DS" folder and extract it on the old3ds, you need to run ninjhax on the n3DS to extract the raw save files, the file in the "nintendo 3DS" folder is uniquely encrypted to that specific console, if you cant run ninjhax on the n3DS you cannot extract the saves to import elsewhere

llagreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to extract the save on the console its from, so you cant just move the actual save file from the "nintendo 3DS" folder and extract it on the old3ds, you need to run ninjhax on the n3DS to extract the raw save files, the file in the "nintendo 3DS" folder is uniquely encrypted to that specific console, if you cant run ninjhax on the n3DS you cannot extract the saves to import elsewhere

Ooook ok, I tho i was able to just move the folder from the N3DS over to the Old3DS would work. thank you for clearing that up

congzing

Trophies
XP
Country
Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

After some tests I've decided to "release" this little tool I'm using for myself.

This is, as the name implies, a Fantasy Life save viewer/editor.
Right now it's in "beta" stage, which means you need to use it carefully (always make a backup of your save before editing).

False positive virus alert:
Since I'm using UPX (http://upx.sourceforge.net/) for "compacting" the executable you may receive a browser or even your antivirus alert saying the file contains virus. It's does not! :)
But please, feel free to not use this software if you still have your suspicions ;)

Features 1.03b:
- Read/write character name
- Read/write mount name*
- Read/write pet 1 name*
- Read/write pet 2 name*
- Read/write pet 3 name*
- Read level value
- Read/write experience
- Read/write experience points
- Read/write money (dosh)
- Read/write bliss
- Read current life stars
- Read/write each life stars in a dedicated window
- Read/write golden coins**
- Read/write silver coins**
- Read/write life(current life individually for each Life)
- Read rank***
- Read/write gender
- Additional Life data for Stars setting (double click in Life icon)
I may have hidden something in cool the program. Can you look for it in case I have forgotten mentioning here? :unsure: easter egg??

* Even if you change this name it'll only be available when you get your mount/pet.
** Although you can edit this value it'll be only used/useful if you have the DLC.
*** The Rank cannot be written without properly leveling your Stars.

Screensshots
xdcxax.png
wwf4fl.png
16itpux.png
2hhd6j5.png

Credits
liomajor - for first teasing us with his Fantasy Life Hex Edit
MrFahrenheit39 - for some hints on offsets
Ivan Garcia - for the initial save editor JAR version

Kudos
Rurounik99 and latehours101 - for beta testing a bit

Bugs
* 1 bug found
1 - when you save the application displays some messages with the following content: "please fill in some data": STATUS: Not sure! I can't reproduce the issue and following the exact steps some users reported do not help either. But since a lot changed under the hood, maybe the issue went away as well. Please, test and report back.

Tips
* Editing some values with a way big value cause the "feature" to be locked, for instance Bliss. If you make a value too big for bliss, even if you check with Yuelia at you attic, you'll not receive any gift, so edit carefully :P
1) The Bliss is "locked" in 24000 while I'm investigating a better max value for it and how to use it safely.
2) The Exp Point has "room" for value as big as 16777215 but having much more than 250 is useless as the points distribution is "locked" in 50 points for each "attributes"

Dumping your save
Explaining the saves:
Fantasy Life saves are actually "stored" in the folder "extdata\00000000", so copying just the .SAV file will not backup your progress. But when backuping your progress copy both, just in case. :)

Saves version:
EU: 0004000000113100.sav and "extdata\00000000\00001131"
US: 0004000000113200.sav and "extdata\00000000\00001132"
JP: ?? (untested, sorry)

Using SaveDataFiler:0) BACKUP YOUR SAVE FIRST
1) Extract your save
1.1) After the extraction is done, there will be a folder called filer in you SD card​
1.2) The saves are stored in a folder structure like this: YYYYMMDDhhmmss\00001132​
1.3) There are 3 save slots named like this: fl_ext0.fsd, fl_ext1.fsd and fl_ext0.fsd​
1.4) And there are 3 backup saves named like this: _fl_ext0.fsd, _fl_ext1.fsd and _fl_ext0.fsd​
1.5) The backup saves don't need to be modified!​
2) Copy the 6 saves to your computer
3) Open the file corresponding to the slot you want to modify
4) Edit it as you like and save it after you're done
5) Re-import using SaveDataFiler

PS: You can use FLsavetool as hinted by gamesquest1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz7n3a49ylmjp3g/FLsavetool.zip?dl=0
**New version from 02-02-2015

Download
Version 1.03b build 36
https://mega.co.nz/#!tgID3KST!TQ7_JN2WfGiYri3gnZR5nFA-PXdmVzMaUqPBoh3jGho
**minor build compilation to change the Slot3 texto to Slot2 in the "Save as..." feature

Version 1.03b build 33
Old version not available anymore
**minor build compilation to add the "Save as..." missing feature

Version 1.03b build 32
changelog
+added gender
+added little help button (not that we needed but, anyways)
+added Life database with stars needed to level up (Demi-Creator might be wrong for some of them)
+hmmm... I may have put something funny. can you find it?
* too much changed under the hood
Version 1.02b
changelog
Main window
+added options window for auto backup and yes to save stars and rank
*fixed app not saving stars and rank properly
Version 1.01b
Old version not available anymore[/u]
changelog
Main window
*fixed app preventing user from closing
version 1.0b
changelog
General
+added stars and rank editor

Main window
+added help buttons with hints and tips for each attribute to be edited
+added stars and rank button
+added current life stars and current life rank to the main window (each life has it's own stars and rank)
+added a little red label with the text "(edited)" so you keep track of pending changes
-removed the spin buttons (they were useless anyway)
*changed some texts
*fixed some reported issues

About window
*made the image a little bigger.
version 0.5b
changelog
+added Exp points
+added Life viewer
*fixed a save issue that caused data loss
*some other bug squash I don't remember or am too lazy to remember

PS: if you saw any bug or have suggestions, please contact me via PM.
Thanks you so much, work like a charm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.