ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I ask if anyone has the offset for skill exps?

I have RAM based offsets of the Skill EXPs and Skill Ranks.
I can calculate the Savegame Offsets if you give me one of your Savegame Offsets (for example the Dosh Offset)

(Would also be appreciated if you tell me the Savegame Byte length - I could then maybe create a Spider Savegame Dumper)

Item Editing is pretty much limitless.
Weapons/Armor/Tool have a base strength and some have a base effect the increased damage that happens when getting Higher Quality Items is actually stored in an extra byte which is editable, meaning you can basically have a Pine Bow with 150+ damage (I tried) and the +30 Attack effect (yes you can change/add effects out of all existing ones).

mickifree12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaahh, I guess that's where I went wrong. I simply dumped the .3dsx and .smdh into the 3ds folder.

Thanks!

also another question. I don't have the DLC yet, and will be forced to updated in order to get it. If I edit my save beforehand to say max level and edit in silver/gold coins. Will that be present after I update and get the DLC?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well you can use rxtools to have a 9.7 emunand where you can buy stuff from eshop, but still be able to use ninjhax for old 3ds's, or use NTR 2.0 plus the eshop patch to get eshop access on <9.2 on the n3DS

mickifree12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, it seems that I failed. After editing values, I simply click "save savefile" and boot up FLsavetool and choose restore saves correct?

mickifree12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, just make sure you saved them in the FLsavetool folder so it can re-import
Just checking, click "save savefile" and NOT save as > "whatever slot" correct?

Would too high values matter? I don't have the DLC but I put in an exp value that would put me well over lvl 100

mickifree12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shouldn't, did FLsavetool say it had re-imported?
After clicking on restore fantasy life, I get a screen that simply says things like

could not open archive
restoring to FL_ext0.fsd
success
2 more slots
could not open archive

Edit: nvm figured it out! For some reason it wasn't saving it correctly

Also, is there any way to edit skill levels?

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to derail or spam in this thread, but I thought I had a better chance of getting help here. I lost my N3DS NAND backup that was linked with my retail Fantasy Life save, so now I can't back it up and or restore it to my CIA copy. However, I have a backup of my SD card complete with the exdata, so I was hoping that it's somehow enough to restore my save? I had about 40+ hours into it, so I would really appreciate help if it's even possible.

Again, sorry for posting this here, but I thought I had a better chance of getting help here.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 00001132.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 249

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Item Editing is pretty much limitless.
Weapons/Armor/Tool have a base strength and some have a base effect the increased damage that happens when getting Higher Quality Items is actually stored in an extra byte which is editable, meaning you can basically have a Pine Bow with 150+ damage (I tried) and the +30 Attack effect (yes you can change/add effects out of all existing ones).

Are you still working on these offsets? I'd be interested if anything came of these. Weapon modding would be awesome.

TheDeKay

I call it research
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you still working on these offsets? I'd be interested if anything came of these. Weapon modding would be awesome.

I was working on getting the metadata of items figured out and I got the stuff to edit an item figured out.The Meta Data is a little dependant on the type of Item though. (Tools/Weapon Armor/ Crafting Item etc.)

I also have a Spider Save Dumper now (created by someone else)

And most of the savegame structure has been identified.
An Item Editor is basically possible but would have to identify the type of item and that's not easily done by the Item ID.

If someone could give me at least 1 DLC Savefile that would be awesome. (Trying to figure something out)

If anyone has a J Version of Fantasy Life LINK! I would really appreciate a ram dump of it. (For getting the Savegame Range in the RAM and dumping Japanese Item Names and other lists that can be found in the ram)

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was working on getting the metadata of items figured out and I got the stuff to edit an item figured out.The Meta Data is a little dependant on the type of Item though. (Tools/Weapon Armor/ Crafting Item etc.)

I also have a Spider Save Dumper now (created by someone else)

And most of the savegame structure has been identified.
An Item Editor is basically possible but would have to identify the type of item and that's not easily done by the Item ID.

If someone could give me at least 1 DLC Savefile that would be awesome. (Trying to figure something out)

If anyone has a J Version of Fantasy Life LINK! I would really appreciate a ram dump of it. (For getting the Savegame Range in the RAM and dumping Japanese Item Names and other lists that can be found in the ram)

I have the DLC, do you need the save dumped via savedatafiler?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1