[Release] Fakemote: An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@xerpi my dear, one thing you could have is a switch for the dpad, like an R2+L2 who save to invert the same, because in a game like the paper mario on the wii the dpad is inverted and pressing up the mario goes forward and down goes back....

@ploggy wiiflow already supports by default on wii ps3 control over USB so you don't need to put in fakemote's IOS to use ps3 control in its menu.

I installed @XFlak on IOS 60 base but unfortunately on that base the fakemote didn't work, but I saw the tip.

Reactions: ploggy and XFlak

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@xerpi my dear, one thing you could have is a switch for the dpad, like an R2+L2 who save to invert the same, because in a game like the paper mario on the wii the dpad is inverted and pressing up the mario goes forward and down goes back....

@ploggy wiiflow already supports by default on wii ps3 control over USB so you don't need to put in fakemote's IOS to use ps3 control in its menu.

I installed @XFlak on IOS 60 base but unfortunately on that base the fakemote didn't work, but I saw the tip.
About the Dpad yes, it effects all Horizontal Wiimote only games, it happens in Wario Land: The Shake Dimension too :)

Reactions: spielvan

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tested some games and, except Skyscraper, all of them desynced in the first controllers splash screen, leaving the Wiimote working.

Skyscraper works as intended, but the close range attack (nunchuck shaking) is triggered constantly, so it's basically unplayable.

vWii base 58 slot 252 v10beta52.

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tested some games and, except Skyscrapper, all of them desynced in the first controllers splash screen, leaving the Wiimote working.

Skyscrapper works as intended, but the close range attack (nunchuck shaking) is trigger constantly, so it's basically unplayable.

vWii base 58 slot 252 v10beta52.
What Controller are you using? Are you setting your IOS in the loaders settings? Are you using the front USB ports?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dual Shock 4 v2, back lower USB port.

Yes, of course I'm using 252 slot for each game, otherwise Skyscraper wouldn't work at all.
True, but had to ask :P I'm using a v2 DS4 Controller too, the only thing different I do to you is I use the front ports? :P
Perhaps you have a dodgy usb cable?

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks very cool, sadly I couldn't get it to work. I followed the instructions, installed it to cios 252 base 58, and started Usb loader with my PS4 controller plugged in, loaded a game, but it didnt't detect the controller.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This looks very cool, sadly I couldn't get it to work. I followed the instructions, installed it to cios 252 base 58, and started Usb loader with my PS4 controller plugged in, loaded a game, but it didnt't detect the controller.
Presumably you also changed the game ios to 252 before loading it?

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't change it for the loader, just the games. I haven't tested this personally, but this direction has been stated previously in this thread.

Just tried that, when I boot a game the controller's led turns yellow and blinks like when it's charging, but it's still not working.

[EDIT]
I got it working, apparently if nand emulation is set to full it won't work, setting it to partial fixed the issue.

Last edited by tmnr1992,

Chirsx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone just wanted to share my experience with the app and ask some questions

So I'm testing the app on a original Wii , i installed it in iOS 57 (since I fallowed a wiiflow guide that recommended me to install d2x V10 beta 53 alt (cios250 base57) (it's supports both ports for me)

So I encountered some weird issues:

- for FPS games (Metroid Prime T. , Medal Of Honor Heroes 2) , while using one of the IR emulation modes , the one that makes it work like a Joystick (resets X and Y axis back to 0,0) , the supposed deadzones for the controller is lowers that it should be , it's no centered to the screen
Mind you I'm using USB loaderGx so I don't if I should turn on an option for this

- and for games that make use of the nunchuck's motion capabilities , it appear to be doing random motions constantly , i tested it on Marvel Ultimate Alliance , and the characters are constantly blocking or rolling (which is an action done by shaking the nunchuck) , other games i noticed this was COD World at War , where the granade icon will come up randomly ( iirc you twist the nunchuck to the left to make the icon appear)

These are the things I've encountered, I would like to know if you guys have experienced this too

Sorry for the wall of texto and for bad English lol

Also some tips : mashing the ps button when the game is booting up makes it easier to pair the controller ( reset the game if you need another chance) and shaking the controller works as if you are shaking the Wiimote

Last edited by Chirsx8,

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unbelievable app. Works great. For the moment, tested with SMG 1&2,Driver Parallel Lines, Ghostbusters. Thanks.

Reactions: xerpi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-