ROM Hack [Release] ExInjector - Inject original exheaders into repacked roms

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megaman/s would be awesome on my 3ds. Eventually I will try to get them all in one place. Just haven't had time to try yet.
That would be so awesome!
I really want to contribute and do this on my own. I was only able to convert some games from .3ds to cia (light 3ds roms). I really want to convert vc games released on eshop especially the megaman ones. I also want to share them on this one website where I take and take but don't give :(
If you could somehow walk me through it that would be so cool. I'm a noob and don't really know how to work this stuff (I used 3ds lazy and kept getting errors).

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's my problem as well. I haven't had the time to work on it. I do know that if you post here about what errors you are encountering, there are alot of members that will help you out. I haven't even seen vc dumps of any of the megaman games anywhere. That would be acceptable for me. Anywayz, I haven't even begun to try any of this. I'm hoping that when we go back to a 5 day workweek at my job, I will find the time. Megamans were always my favorite early games.

Reactions: placebooooo

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rsf is the file that contains all the settings makerom needs for generating the .3DS/.CIA file.
Could you possibly be kind enough to explain how to use this? I was reading through the 1st few pages but I am really lot. I know you might say then don;t use it. But I really want to give this a shot.

I am not sure what tools are required, where to get them (besides the exinjector thingy), and step by step use please? As nooby as possible? I am sure others around here will also benefit from a reply that you give as well, not just me alone.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you possibly be kind enough to explain how to use this? I was reading through the 1st few pages but I am really lot. I know you might say then don;t use it. But I really want to give this a shot.

I am not sure what tools are required, where to get them (besides the exinjector thingy), and step by step use please? As nooby as possible? I am sure others around here will also benefit from a reply that you give as well, not just me alone.
The thing is that's a bit complex. To extract and rebuild roms you need at least ctrtool and makerom plus 3DS Multi Decryptor and a 4.1-4.5 3DS to decrypt the rom's contents.

Most tools use the command line so that's another obstacle for those who are no used to it.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is that's a bit complex. To extract and rebuild roms you need at least ctrtool and makerom plus 3DS Multi Decryptor and a 4.1-4.5 3DS to decrypt the rom's contents.

Most tools use the command line so that's another obstacle for those who are no used to it.
I understand. If you believe that you could make a tutorial simple enough for a noob to follow that would be fantastic and I would be very appreciative of your efforts. If not, it's still ok :) I would love one honestly though.

Alocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hiya @piratesephirot
I found one strange thing... Taiko no Tatsujin 2 Works only on Japanese and Chinese consoles. Even trying to remove region lock or modifying .RSF i wasn't able to make it work on U console...
The problem could be with .rsf file? if so, the next release could fix it? or is because new games have that issue now?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
is there any chance you could release the source for this, so we can compile for other OSs? (or, at least port it without having to start from the beginning?) :)
you can pm me if you want to keep the source to yourself, but don't mind giving it to me privately
i would appreciate it, thanks :)

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
is there any chance you could release the source for this, so we can compile for other OSs? (or, at least port it without having to start from the beginning?) :)
you can pm me if you want to keep the source to yourself, but don't mind giving it to me privately
i would appreciate it, thanks :)
I started implementing complete RSF file generation but I haven't finished it yet. I'll upload the source once it's finished.
It's made in autohotkey and also there's little chance it can be ported easily because I rely on windows API for everything. Reading/writing files, calculating hash, reading from ctrtool's hidden console window...

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
I started implementing complete RSF file generation but I haven't finished it yet. I'll upload the source once it's finished.
It's made in autohotkey and also there's little chance it can be ported easily because I rely on windows API for everything. Reading/writing files, calculating hash, reading from ctrtool's hidden console window...

Can you just tell the steps ?
I'm planning to hard code all the tools used in 3DS Lazy
Thx.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

that's a shame, why did you choose to do it in something like that? or was it easier for you or something? python is really cool, now i understand why many other tools are written in it.
thanks anyway though :)

if you want rsf generation -- there is this, i will try it - http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds_ctr_decryptor-void.370684/page-102#post-5194533 i guess it works great :)

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that's a shame, why did you choose to do it in something like that? or was it easier for you or something? python is really cool, now i understand why many other tools are written in it.
thanks anyway though :)

if you want rsf generation -- there is this, i will try it - http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds_ctr_decryptor-void.370684/page-102#post-5194533 i guess it works great :)

Yeah I'm a Windows user and Autohotkey is the most efficient scripting language I've found. Syntax is c++ style and with it we easily use external dlls plus we can compile the script into a small exe, so it's pretty much perfect.
Also I'm implementing full rsf generation, not just basic/title/card info.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah I'm a Windows user and Autohotkey is the most efficient scripting language I've found. Syntax is c++ style and with it we easily use external dlls plus we can compile the script into a small exe, so it's pretty much perfect.
Also I'm implementing full rsf generation, not just basic/title/card info.

is that python script i linked to not full rsf generation?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
oh yeah, it creates complete rsf files indeed.
I'll finish mine though, haha

i see from the python file, some info is taken from the .3ds, not the exheader - can the unique id, company code, and product code not be taken from the exheader too?
really, it's admirable to want to create your own tool, but this is really nice, multiplatform, complete, not depending on ctrtool or other apps, etc.
don't spend time on this when you could be doing something else more worthwhile! (just my opinion)
Code:
gamename = str(sys.argv[1]) + '.3ds'
with open(gamename, "rb") as f:
    f.seek(0x1109) # UniqueId
    uid = f.read(4)
    uid = binascii.hexlify(uid)[::-1]
    c = list(uid)
    c[::2], c[1::2] = c[1::2], c[::2]
    uid = "".join(c)
    f.seek(0x1110) # CompanyCode
    read = f.read(2)
    ccode = "".join(struct.unpack('<cc', read))
    f.seek(0x1150) # ProductCode
    read = f.read(10)
    pcode = "".join(struct.unpack('<cccccccccc', read))
    pcode = pcode.rstrip(' \0')
    f.close

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LPrmtVWsA