Homebrew [Release] DevilutionX for 3DS

mckens02

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Turns out the full game is running fine as-well.
To use it, compile source, and copy over DIABDAT.MPQ.

After character creation it will give an 'out of memory' error.
Reboot, load existing character and the game starts without error.

Edit: Fixed small oversight, should not encounter error at all now.

I love this game. I own the GOG copy on PC and have the new 3DS with custom firmware and FBI. I have been trying to learn how to compile but it is beyond my smarts! I do not understand how to compile. Can it be compiled and shared? Can you help me get the full version onto my 3DS?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I love this game. I own the GOG copy on PC and have the new 3DS with custom firmware and FBI. I have been trying to learn how to compile but it is beyond my smarts! I do not understand how to compile. Can it be compiled and shared? Can you help me get the full version onto my 3DS?
No it can not be compiled and shared, that would be illegal and against the forum rules :) I bet someone could help you how to compile it though.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool port! Any chance we could get 800px mode support? I'll be waiting for a 3dsx build though. I tend not to use CIA format homebrew.

MrHuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The latest commit's go largely untested, but if you do want to build and try it, here how:

Assuming you have devkitARM setup with the 3ds libraries. (libctru 2.0, sdl-3ds 2.0.12 with all it's dependencies)

- Install 'devkitpro-pkgbuild-helpers' using dkp-pacman.
- From the devilutionX-3ds source folder run:
Code:
cd build && cmake .. -DBINARY_RELEASE=ON -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/opt/devkitpro/3ds.cmake && make
- Built binaries are located inside the 'build' folder.

I'm not really sure why i'm not allowed to share compiled binaries, as you still have to provide your own game assets.
My apologies if i broke any rules, since the links to github also provide older compiled binaries.

If anyone needs any help compiling, let me know.

Reactions: Zense

Cuntana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i very much need help compiling this, i got cmake and everything but i dont know where in the cmake build window to put the: DNIGHTLY_BUILD=ON -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../CMake/ctr/devkitarm-libctru.cmake && make

ive never done anything like this before, so any help would be appretiated.

3DScool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be theoretically possible to do this type of thing for any pc game of that era such as hearts of iron?

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Would it be theoretically possible to do this type of thing for any pc game of that era such as hearts of iron?

This port comes as a result of a tremendous amount of work done by coders to effectively reconstruct the source code used by Diablo. I think it came about as a result of some debugging tools left in certain commercial releases of Diablo in the 90s and a massive amount of work by a few coders. Basically a lot of work and some good luck.

Reactions: AJenbo and 3DScool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.