NULL

[Release] Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition PS3 English Translation Patch

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tsukimori, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Tsukimori
    OP

Tsukimori Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    This is a full English translation patch for the Playstation 3 version of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition. That means that every word, texture, etc. is in English with the exception of the items noted in Note 1. The official English version of the original Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, as well as GBAtemp member Androu1's preliminary work on the PS VITA English menu patch were used as the foundation for this full release. In summary, this English patch makes every effort to appear and look official, down to the same original game fonts for textures.

A high level overview of what is translated:
    • *All* game menus
    • *All* character stories and win quotes
    • Character Select Screen, including scrolling and descriptive texts
    • In-battle character names and support character comments
    • Special in-battle texts for Ako and Rusian attacks
    (Note 1) What is not translated and will not be translated:
    • Opening and Ending movies
    • Trophy and game title data
    • Player Card Titles in the CUSTOMIZE menu
    • Light novel sample previews in the SPECIAL menu
    Screenshots:
    Screenshots

How to install:

PSN Version (NPJB00785) CFW/HEN

Disc Version (BLJM61322) CFW/HEN

CFW2OFW Package Method for HAN

Download Links:

MEGA - Version 1.03

MEGA - DFCI Translation Toolkit
    For anyone who wants to translate DFCI into another Latin-alphabet/Chinese-character language.

Special Thanks:
    • Tsukimori: Me, for bothering to translate the equivalent of a small book.
    • Androu1: For his PS VITA English menu patch and proof of concept work.
    • SEGA USA: For their excellent work localizing the original FIGHTING CLIMAX.
    • Delta: For providing game lore help so I could make sense of how to translate/localize texts.
    • You: Because I didn't translate this for myself. Please go use my patch and enjoy the game.
    Disclaimer:
    • I am not responsible for any damage or issues this patch may cause. Use at your own risk and make additional back-ups before installing.
    • Logos, fonts, etc. belong to their respective owners.
    • The patch currently only works on PS3. I believe you should be able to take the game story text files and combine it with the PS VITA patch, but you lose out on the texture modifications from this release. You would need to convert/repackage all the textures included to fully port this English patch to PS VITA/PS4. Please contact me if you are interested in porting this patch to other consoles.
    Changelog:

• 1.03 - Various Network Mode corrections. Other minor presentation changes. Final PS3 release.
    • 1.02 - Bugfix for Training Mode options disappearing. Other minor presentation changes.
    • 1.01 - Bugfix for VS Mode win quotes not randomizing correctly.
    • 1.00 - Initial Release

Please leave comments, bug reports, typo reports, etc. in this GBAtemp thread. I will only make updates to this patch if there are serious bug issues.

Last edited by Tsukimori, May 20, 2019
  2. nahucirujano

nahucirujano Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Thanks for this. Could you reupload the patch please?

3. Tsukimori
    OP

Tsukimori Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    I updated the download link for the newest version. You may need to clear your browser cache/reload the page.

cvskid likes this.
  4. Edge_lordd

Edge_lordd Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    Quick question, how do you update the game?

5. Tsukimori
    OP

Tsukimori Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    If you are on real hardware, the game should automatically update to 1.04 as long as you have set up an internet connection (no need for PSN access). On an emulator or no Internet situation, you will need to find a dump of the game with the upgrade included. Google is your friend.

6. Edge_lordd

Edge_lordd Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    Sorry if this is annoying but could you provide more instructions as to how to apply the English patch? This is my first time so I'm incredibly confused.

7. MinkiNTN

MinkiNTN Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Finland
    I tried applying the patch, but only some part of the game is translated. Can you tell me what did I do wrong?

What have translation:
    - Character select (minus DLC character name)
    - Character phrases during matches.
    - Character story (minus DLC characters)
    - Pause Menu during matches.

8. Tsukimori
    OP

Tsukimori Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    You need to tell me if you're using real hardware or not. Go on Youtube and search up "Multiman File Manager" and that should help you on a real PS3.

If you're using PSN version (NPJB00785) - It sounds like you didn't apply all the folders or they were rewritten at some point (especially likely if a game patch update occurred after boot-up). I would try re-installing the patch and overwriting ALL pre-existing files this time.

If you're using the disc game version (BLJM61322) - you may have to also paste the patch files into dev_hdd0\game\BLJM61322 (game update folder). Please let me know if this fixes it.

Last edited by Tsukimori, May 1, 2019
    cvskid likes this.
  9. MinkiNTN

MinkiNTN Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Finland
    This fixed all the problem. It works great now. Thank you for making this :)

Tsukimori likes this.
  10. Tsukimori
    OP

Tsukimori Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    New update out (v1.02) that fixes Training Mode settings. I have also improved the installation instructions in the OP.

MinkiNTN likes this.
  11. Edge_lordd

Edge_lordd Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    Ok sorry about that. I'm using a real ps3 on xploit. I'm also using the psn copy of the game.

12. Tsukimori
    OP

Tsukimori Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    Install Multiman, use the Multiman File Manager functionality and follow the instructions for the PSN version in the first post. You managed to hack your PS3 so you should be able to figure out how to install the patch very easily.

13. KISSMYRAIFU

KISSMYRAIFU Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    Morocco
    thx for the patch working great..just wondering is going online in anyway risk banning?

14. DJPlace

DJPlace The Hater of Sony Censor Ship!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    thanks. if only i could play this online with out getting banned... oh well. still going try this on emulator when i have the chance.

15. Tsukimori
    OP

Tsukimori Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    No one can really confirm, but my guess is your chance of getting banned is only as high as the chance of getting banned for having any CFW at all. Theoretically, you could install this patch and then run OFW and your ban chances would be very low since this is a cosmetics-only mod.

16. KISSMYRAIFU

KISSMYRAIFU Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    Morocco
    do u mean by running ofw giving up on cfw?(start using the han/hen thing) or just disabling it?
    indeed the risk is always present but normally to lower the chances u use a bunch of tools..and for modding u edit the eboot file.
    in this case (as i think) it depends on how the eboot.bin works tho as u said its just a cosmetic patch but im too ignorant when it comes to this stuff so couldnt tell.
    still dont even know if its worth trying or not since the game might be dead anyway.

Last edited by KISSMYRAIFU, May 12, 2019
  17. Tsukimori
    OP

Tsukimori Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    United States
    This mod does not affect the eboot file. CFW/HFW would be the largest issue in safely going online.

KISSMYRAIFU likes this.
  18. froid_san

froid_san Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    You can try to convert it and make it work on HAN which is much safer than CFW or PS3HEN. Since it basically easy to switch HAN <-> HEN whenever you like, CFW has a different issue though.

From a long time of me testing translated games online, it never got me in trouble using my main account, maybe because of these Japanese games are not really that being strictly monitored unlike popular multiplayer games like COD and such.

KISSMYRAIFU likes this.
  19. KISSMYRAIFU

KISSMYRAIFU Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    Morocco
    what disadvantage will i get if i switch to han? or nothing special really?
    i never though of switching that's i have no idea about HFW

20. froid_san

froid_san Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    One minor disadvantage is you have to convert the game from ISO to PKG unless you are using the PSN version. Unlike the PS3HEn where you just load the game like you would on a CFW PS3.

You can have both HAN and HEN at the same time and just enable which one you prefer after you booting the ps3.

21. KISSMYRAIFU

KISSMYRAIFU Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2019
    Morocco
    which means i can run any homebrew right?
    shall i switch back to cex to update?

Last edited by KISSMYRAIFU, May 13, 2019