PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Death Note: Kira Game sees the Kira Task Force investigators play a new game that’s all the rage in an attempt to better understand Kira’s thought process and mentality. Follow a retelling of the manga and anime in story mode or take on your friends or computer opponents in the Kira Game.

Calculate your way through 11 story chapters, and be sure to stock up on those apples to unlock all 19 playable characters, as well as the alternative bonus chapter.

Download:
Patch download
Blog Release Post

Usage:
Before you can play the translation, you'll need to patch the game on your computer using a legal copy of the ROM. There are two methods by which this can be done, online, via the ROMhacking.net downloads page, and locally by downloading an additional piece of software.

ONLINE METHOD
-On the ROMhacking.net download page, navigate to “Patch Online NOW!” under the ‘Links’ header.
-Upload your ROM using the ‘Choose File’ button where prompted.
-Select the patch that you wish to apply using the dropdown menu. (See ‘Rom Dump Compatibility’ for further explanation)
-Click ‘Apply Patch’, and wait for the download to complete. You should now have a patched copy of the ROM, labelled -input source- (patched).

SOFTWARE METHOD
-Download DeltaPatcher from https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/
-Extract the file, and run either DeltaPatcher or DeltaPatcherLite
-'Original file' should be your copy of the ROM, as an '.nds' filetype.
-For 'XDelta patch', choose the 'KiraGamePatch.xdelta' file.
-Hit apply patch, and you're good to go!

*Note that this will overwrite your original file. If you’d like to keep a copy of it instead, change the settings by clicking the cog icon, and tick “Backup original file”. This will create a new ‘--PATCHED.nds’ file instead.

Play this file on an emulator such as DeSmuME, or use a flashcart to play it on any member of the NDS family.

See our beginner's guide to NDS patching for more info if you need help.

Tool:
If you’re interested in knowing more about the hacking specifics or translating the game into another language, the source code & compiled program covering both text and image extraction/repacking can be found on Github.

Want to get in touch?
Join our discord server to send us your questions, check out our other projects or even lend a hand in our mission to bring more anime games to the English-speaking fandom!

Credits:
Hacking

Illidan

Translation
Haribeau

Proofreading
Phantom, Corp

Graphics
frogatr

Special Thanks
Syko, Ryusui

We hope all goes according to keikaku and you enjoy the game!

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll preface this by saying that I'm grateful to the team for releasing yet another translation and for their consistent and commendable dedication to Visual Novels for DS.
But personally, this game is a big disappointment, at least the first chapter: in this one the gameplay is limited and boring, the accusation and defense phrases are banal and repetitive. Everything takes place in one room. There is no moving of the 2 main characters from one place to another in search of clues. It is not remotely comparable to Ace Attorney. I tolerated the long introduction (tutorial), but then I tolerated the first chapter, which was even worse, for 5 minutes before the final, definitive goodbye. Are the subsequent chapters like this one? Couldn't someone upload a .sav file to skip directly to the second chapter? I can not manage to proceed to the second chapter and moreover here you can not even save.
Thanks.

Last edited by Nikokaro,

PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Scarlet & @Flame Thank you for your kind words! I expect you might be seeing plenty more from us in the future :shy:

@Nikokaro The best way to describe the gameplay would be a game of wereworld/mafia, wherein the opponent is randomised and you have to figure out who they are in series of elimination by picking up on subtle cues. The 'Kira Game matches' all work in this way, with the story progressing as you move through the chapters and different match win conditions/new characters unlocking as you go.

The cheats file we include with the patch has a cheat to unlock all story chapters and apples, but here is a .sav for chapter 2 if you are interested :)

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Attachments

• KiraGameChp.2.7z
    411 bytes · Views: 73
Last edited by Nikokaro,
Reactions: PhantomGhost

Ganonslayer91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to play this and I just installed the Twilight ++ to my DSi, could anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to get this running on my DS? Sorry, I’m not super techy, just a huge DN fan who’s been wanting to play this for years!

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to play this and I just installed the Twilight ++ to my DSi, could anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to get this running on my DS? Sorry, I’m not super techy, just a huge DN fan who’s been wanting to play this for years!
While this is not the thread to ask for this but what the hell.. You need to get the Japanese nDS rom (find it yourself, don't ask where here), and follow the instructions above to patch said Jap rom. When you're done, put the file inside SD:/Roms/nds folder, and it'll appear in Twilightmenu when you put the sd card back on the system. Of course that doesn't mean TWilightmenu will play the game perfectly, it also depends if the game's compatible with nds-bootstrap or not..

Ganonslayer91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this is not the thread to ask for this but what the hell.. You need to get the Japanese nDS rom (find it yourself, don't ask where here), and follow the instructions above to patch said Jap rom. When you're done, put the file inside SD:/Roms/nds folder, and it'll appear in Twilightmenu when you put the sd card back on the system. Of course that doesn't mean TWilightmenu will play the game perfectly, it also depends if the game's compatible with nds-bootstrap or not..
Sorry for asking in the wrong spot and thanks for the reply!!

Reactions: CoolMe

japa4551

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Death Note: Kira Game sees the Kira Task Force investigators play a new game that’s all the rage in an attempt to better understand Kira’s thought process and mentality. Follow a retelling of the manga and anime in story mode or take on your friends or computer opponents in the Kira Game.

Calculate your way through 11 story chapters, and be sure to stock up on those apples to unlock all 19 playable characters, as well as the alternative bonus chapter.

Download:
Patch download
Blog Release Post

Usage:
Before you can play the translation, you'll need to patch the game on your computer using a legal copy of the ROM. There are two methods by which this can be done, online, via the ROMhacking.net downloads page, and locally by downloading an additional piece of software.

ONLINE METHOD
-On the ROMhacking.net download page, navigate to “Patch Online NOW!” under the ‘Links’ header.
-Upload your ROM using the ‘Choose File’ button where prompted.
-Select the patch that you wish to apply using the dropdown menu. (See ‘Rom Dump Compatibility’ for further explanation)
-Click ‘Apply Patch’, and wait for the download to complete. You should now have a patched copy of the ROM, labelled -input source- (patched).

SOFTWARE METHOD
-Download DeltaPatcher from https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/
-Extract the file, and run either DeltaPatcher or DeltaPatcherLite
-'Original file' should be your copy of the ROM, as an '.nds' filetype.
-For 'XDelta patch', choose the 'KiraGamePatch.xdelta' file.
-Hit apply patch, and you're good to go!

*Note that this will overwrite your original file. If you’d like to keep a copy of it instead, change the settings by clicking the cog icon, and tick “Backup original file”. This will create a new ‘--PATCHED.nds’ file instead.

Play this file on an emulator such as DeSmuME, or use a flashcart to play it on any member of the NDS family.

See our beginner's guide to NDS patching for more info if you need help.

Tool:
If you’re interested in knowing more about the hacking specifics or translating the game into another language, the source code & compiled program covering both text and image extraction/repacking can be found on Github.

Want to get in touch?
Join our discord server to send us your questions, check out our other projects or even lend a hand in our mission to bring more anime games to the English-speaking fandom!

Credits:
Hacking

Illidan

Translation
Haribeau

Proofreading
Phantom, Corp

Graphics
frogatr

Special Thanks
Syko, Ryusui

We hope all goes according to keikaku and you enjoy the game!

Oh my god! Thank you! I've been looking for this for ages!

• Love
Reactions: PhantomGhost

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1