1. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Of course. CBHC loads all the patches before it boots into the homebrew launcher. The setup is then: Power on the wii u -> CBHC autoboot (including all patches) -> Plugin loader in this case -> Wii U OS.

If it wasn't, you wouldn't be able to run unsigned code.

Last edited by BaamAlex, Mar 1, 2020
    Naendow likes this.
  2. Naendow

Naendow Brick-Master

Germany
    Fair point. Very nice to know, thank you. :)

3. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    The only "flaw" is here, that you have to press the plus button to apply the patches. And you have to choose which plugin should be loaded. But everything in all, is it very convinient with cbhc.

4. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Which version should we downgrade to for it to work on 5.5.3?

5. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    You don't need to downgrade your wii u. It works on 5.5.4

6. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    Sorry but I think you are misunderstanding the question. He is asking which version of of the Wii U Plugin System we should downgrade to for the Dark Theme to work, as it does not work with the latest version.

I'd like to know this myself actually. I have downgraded once already to see if I could make it work. No luck yet.

Powerful likes this.
  7. Cylent1

Cylent1 Community Smart Ass!

United States
    I refuse to downgrade just for a dark menu.
    I would wait till it is figured out completely first so you are not risking a door stop!

8. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    So I just noticed that I happen to have a ReadMe file that I created myself, in my Wii U Plugin System folder. It says that the Dark Mode Theme was tested with "WiiUPluginLoader-alpha-nightly-fc703e5".

That seems to be a rather old build, as it says "alpha-nightly", but it should work with that build at the very least. Hopefully also with something newer. I'm pretty certain that I have that info from the link in the OP, but of course that link just happens to not work for me right now. Can't test right now as I really have to go to sleep anyway XD. I'll try this later though

9. V10lator

V10lator GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Masana, huma_dawii and SuperDan like this.
  10. SuperDan

OP SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
  11. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I was testing this for about a week via cbhc and homebrew launcher auto boot (auto boots into dark mode without pushing any buttons with special version of plugin loader). I saved the plugin loader in another folder on the sd card. anyway, there were a few issues that made me change back to normal wii u mode.

first, dkc tropical freeze wouldn't start with the A button unless you pressed the home menu, then resume. the only other game I tried was 3d world, which doesn't have this problem, so tropical freeze must do something with the home menu at start.

the other thing is that the usb loader gx forwarder on the wii u menu would no longer work, because I think it's a hbl to hbc forwarder. it would result in a black screen. anyway, I reverted everything back, and tropical freeze now works without that A issue, and the usb loader gx forwarder works again. I think tropical freeze's problem is related to dark mode, and usb loader gx's is related to the homebrew launcher.

SuperDan likes this.
  12. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Tropical Freeze is working if you use the plugin in a normal way, that "CBCH" is a very bad idea to be honest. Just wait until the plugin gets updated, i know for a fact that is being updated.

SuperDan and godreborn like this.
  13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I tested the original plugin manager. tropical freeze still has the same problem, but what I found is that it's only with the pro controller. the game pad -- A to start works. it's very strange. this problem didn't follow me back when I went back to the normal wii u menu. I know it's not the game, because it's a legit purchase from the eshop. it's some sort of weird bug.

14. SuperDan

OP SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    I still have high hopes of having a Dark WiiU Menu ........... & with any luck ... change that back ground music i just effin hate it ! :)

jeannotte and godreborn like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release],