Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i'm just done testing SM64 on an O3DS, it runs on an average of 7-9fps with 3D enabled and maybe around 9-12fps with it disabled. It depends on how many stuff is being drawn currently as far as i can tell. It's barely playable but i'm just glad it works without visual glitches (nice job fixing the letters)
Banjo Kazooie runs much slower, and seems to have frozen after the title screen (it actually froze the console on further checking). But it looked good until then! i'll report after testing some other games.

A few suggestions regarding UI: the save/load buttons could be either hidden until the touchscreen is pressed, or on a darker/subtler color, it's not like it's an eyesore as it is now, it actually looks neat, but a dark grey with light grey letters would do just fine and attract less atention. Also, a button to close the rom and load another? i don't think there's a way now besides closing the app.

I had a problem tho, when i closed the app (playing sm64) the 3DS crashed and gave me one of these console messages of "press A to save log or any key to shutdown" That didn't happen when i used the 3DSX file with homebrew launcher with version 0.2, but it does now with the latest cia.

cimmanonroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested the latest update on my N3DS. This is incredible. Mario 64 was maybe 20fps previously, but now it's hitting 30fps quite consistently. Occasional stutters happen, but there are significantly less visual glitches and the game is truly playable! Turning the 3D on causes the game to chug, though. Save states and load states seemed to work well, too.
This is fantastic. Even if only Mario 64 ran well, I'd love to see the little issues ironed out. We have a playable N64 game on the 3DS.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2D screens are half-resolution.
Demo plays work fine.
Going into Mode Select crashes the console.

Weirdly, Stadium 1 doesn't boot, but Stadium 2 does.
how do u take screen shot on 3DS?? Hold Y and up for top or Y and down for bottom right??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof