Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Nothing seems to work for me. I tried v64, n64, z64, the 02 Optimized version, Europe, US, and Japan. They all just cause the system to freeze or send me back to the HB menu.

I'm thinking it might be the luck of the draw, I haven't had a single successful boot while others have. I've used different consoles as well but I trust it works it's still pre-alpha.

Same as both of you here.

Edit: Spoke too soon, Super Mario 64 boots for me.
Makes me wonder if ROM size might have something to do with it, since larger ROMs all fail to boot for me.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,
Reactions: RocketRobz

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Just out of curiosity, do you have a New 3DS, New 3DS XL, or New 2DS XL? Maybe for different systems, the results are different. I have the 2DS.
I don't think so sadly, I have tested on numerous fw's and models. From 9.2 to current fw and from a o2ds to a n2ds as well as different regions like japan, usa, EU, and kor. I used an o3ds up to my n3ds as well. I think it's just a hit or miss as far as I can tell. but still amazing release!

ItsAshleyFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so sadly, I have tested on numerous fw's and models. From 9.2 to current fw and from a o2ds to a n2ds as well as different regions like japan, usa, EU, and kor. I used an o3ds up to my n3ds as well. I think it's just a hit or miss as far as I can tell. but still amazing release!
Thanks, I hope this emulator will eventually work as good as the PSP version, perhaps even better.

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having some trouble making a 3d banner, somehow i can't get the textures to display properly.
So i used the 3d model i made to create a static banner for the .cia build. Not as fancy, but it does look nice on the 3DS.

banner.png

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With SM64 running amazingly well, there are only a few graphical glitches. One of them would be the z-fighting issue.
This issue is also present in the ioQuake3 and Xash3D for 3ds ports.

Is this an issue which can be addressed in the PicaGL implementation, so other ports also benefit from it? Or does it needs to be fixed for each port separately?

..now back to running around in princess peach's garden in the back of the castle, which is really satisfying at a smooth 25 fps.

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With SM64 running amazingly well, there are only a few graphical glitches. One of them would be the z-fighting issue.
This issue is also present in the ioQuake3 and Xash3D for 3ds ports.

Is this an issue which can be addressed in the PicaGL implementation, so other ports also benefit from it? Or does it needs to be fixed for each port separately?

..now back to running around in princess peach's garden in the back of the castle, which is really satisfying at a smooth 25 fps.

I have fixed most of the issues with picaGL, and rinnegatamante has implemented and fixed most of the rendering code for daedalusX64. I haven't released a new update yet because I'm working on the dynarec

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have fixed most of the issues with picaGL, and rinnegatamante has implemented and fixed most of the rendering code for daedalusX64. I haven't released a new update yet because I'm working on the dynarec
Thanks for the effort! I look forward to seeing how it all comes together.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey amazing news!
Is there hope it'll ever run in playable speeds on an O3DS? I'd really like to have Tom & jerry in fists of furry, among others. (pokemon snap needed a proper remake on 3DS, too bad it didn't happen)

Also, on the stereoscopic 3D matter, is there a PC emulator for N64 that has that option?
i'd go nuts playing N64 on VR using the SBS to make a virtual 3D screen

edit:
(using O3DS)
i tried two versions of super mario 64, the european version worked but very slow, didn't bother going past the first shot of peach with the card next to her face.
banjo kazooie, didn't work. Do i need european version too? is there a list of working games?

Last edited by placebo_yue,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night