Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had this urge to contribute somehow to this project last night. I'm not much of a coder yet, so unfortunately anything on that front was off the table. I messaged MasterFeizz last night and he suggested I could try and work on some GUI assets, so I went and made some and sent them his way. I made a mock-up too of what it might look like in-practice. Was wondering if anyone could give some opinions? I am open to configuring things to be better.

View attachment 204216
looks pretty nice tbh

Reactions: Psi-hate

ItsAshleyFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it works for both, USA version. Maybe try the rom from another source or compile a new one using the source code.
I tried another source but it takes me back to the HB menu every time. Do I have to use any specific Luma3DS or Rosalina settings?

kianiscoooooool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Psi-hate I see you have a you tube video showing games running. I have cfw and also have a hack on steeldiver to boot homebrew launcher out of steeldiver. In the steeldiver homebrew menu the app crashes on boot. In a homebrew launcher i installed via cia the app boots but kicks me out to the himbrew menu after picking a game. I have tried usa and europe files and have tried .n64 and .z64. Is there anthing u did that I did not do that will make the app work? I was really excited to hear about the emulator and wanted to get it working. Is there another way to boot .3dsnx files?

ItsAshleyFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Psi-hate I see you have a you tube video showing games running. I have cfw and also have a hack on steeldiver to boot homebrew launcher out of steeldiver. In the steeldiver homebrew menu the app crashes on boot. In a homebrew launcher i installed via cia the app boots but kicks me out to the himbrew menu after picking a game. I have tried usa and europe files and have tried .n64 and .z64. Is there anthing u did that I did not do that will make the app work? I was really excited to hear about the emulator and wanted to get it working. Is there another way to boot .3dsnx files?
I have that same problem.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took no extra steps. I put the files where they were needed to be and ran it no problem. Many games don't work, and there's no pattern to it. For example, I was able to get Pokemon Stadium booting once, but never again on that exact ROM.despite doing nothing at all differently.

For now, it really just is trial and error. Several of my games boot, but it took some different ROM versions to get that far.

Also: If you're not using a NEW Nintendo 3DS/2DS, I'd assume the program is MUCH more buggier as on my O3DS tests, several games wouldn't boot unlike the New3DS counterpart.

As for how I'm running the emulator, I'm loading it through the Homebrew Menu using the HBL installed to my Home Menu as a .cia

Last edited by Psi-hate,

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been trying to get Super Mario 64 to run. Tried many different backups, most exit the application upon running.
The only sm64 roms i got to run were the ones included in the No-Into romset.

I'm definitely having the best overall results using this romset.

The PSP version also seems to use the No-Intro romset as a lookup table for detecting roms, so this probably would be closest to compatible or 'supported' roms.

Reactions: Deleted User

ItsAshleyFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get Super Mario 64 to run. Tried many different backups, most exit the application upon running.
The only sm64 roms i got to run were the ones included in the No-Into romset.

I'm definitely having the best overall results using this romset.

The PSP version also seems to use the No-Intro romset as a lookup table for detecting roms, so this probably would be closest to compatible or 'supported' roms.
I tried them from that list. They just gave me a black screen and the game doesn't start. Does it just take a really long time to boot?

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried them from that list. They just gave me a black screen and the game doesn't start. Does it just take a really long time to boot?

For me, the game boots within seconds.
But since you're mentioning the 2ds freezing, my guess would be that you're facing an other issue than an incompatible rom.

Does the fps counter appear on the bottom screen?

I use citra on pc to easely try a whole bunch of roms. Maybe try your roms with citra, see if you get the same results?

ItsAshleyFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, the game boots within seconds.
But since you're mentioning the 2ds freezing, my guess would be that you're facing an other issue than an incompatible rom.

Does the fps counter appear on the bottom screen?

I use citra on pc to easely try a whole bunch of roms. Maybe try your roms with citra, see if you get the same results?
There's no FPS counter when I start it. I tried it on Citra, same problem.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing seems to work for me. I tried v64, n64, z64, the 02 Optimized version, Europe, US, and Japan. They all just cause the system to freeze or send me back to the HB menu.
I'm thinking it might be the luck of the draw, I haven't had a single successful boot while others have. I've used different consoles as well but I trust it works it's still pre-alpha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents