Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember reading two weeks ago in the Daedalus psp discord that if someone ever were crazy enough to try to make an N64 emulator run on the 3DS they should probably should probably not use daedalusx64 and rather the android port of mupen64plus, yet here we are :yay3ds: Amazing work!

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: RocketRobz

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhh.png
No you cannot play Superman 64. I can't get past this dang screen.

Reactions: Stealphie

SunlitSpace542

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only games I've tried that are playable are Super Mario 64, Starfox 64, and Mario Kart 64 (kinda). The rendering issues really hinder the playability of some games. Plus, Mario's overgrown facial hair.

(even if there's problems, I'll certainly be playing the hell out of it!)

Last edited by SunlitSpace542,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean this is great and all but why do we really need N64 emulation on the Nintendo 3DS? Most of Nintendo 64's greatest games could already be played on the Nintendo 3DS through the superior remasters that were made.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time- We literally have a Nintendo 3DS remake of this game that is superior to the original.
Legend of Zelda Majora's mask- Same thing we have a superior port
Mario Kart 64- We have our very own Mario Kart 7 game on the 3DS that has much better graphics and gameplay than the 64 version.
Super Mario 64- As the 3DS is backwards compatible with the original DS we could always play Super Mario 64 DS which has updated visuals.
Super Smash Bros- We have a Super Smash Bros game on the 3DS with arguably better visuals and more characters.
Donkey Kong Country- We have the Wii port which is great
Diddy Kong Racing- We have the Nintendo DS version we could natively play.
Rayman 2- Was already remade on the 3DS as Rayman 3DS
Goldenye 64- We have a superior version of this game already on the Wii. I believe it was also remade on the DS so you can play that.
In a lot of these cases, there may be ports, but they aren't exactly the same. Super Mario 64 DS and Super Mario 64 are a good bit different from each other, for instance, and I rather enjoy the original but don't play the DS one nearly as much. SM64 itself is one reason I'm hoping this emulator progresses - it'd be fun to attempt speedruns on the go. Same goes for Diddy, and to a lesser extent, the Zeldas.

Mario Kart, Smash Bros - those aren't replacements, just sequels. That's like saying Pokemon Ultra Sun is so good you'd never want to touch HeartGold again. They're different games with different qualities, and I'd still enjoy playing those on the 3DS as well.

Donkey Kong? There's no Donkey Kong Country on the N64... DK 64 is a completely different 3D game.

Dunno about the other two... but there's a lot of other good N64 games that I can hope to play in this emulator's future. Even if better (or just other) options may exist for them. Still!!

pancake4638

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is one of the most impressive pieces of 3ds homebrew ive ever seen.

May I suggest skipping every other frame to bring a few games into a playable speed?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I mean this is great and all but why do we really need N64 emulation on the Nintendo 3DS? Most of Nintendo 64's greatest games could already be played on the Nintendo 3DS through the superior remasters that were made.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time- We literally have a Nintendo 3DS remake of this game that is superior to the original.
Legend of Zelda Majora's mask- Same thing we have a superior port
Mario Kart 64- We have our very own Mario Kart 7 game on the 3DS that has much better graphics and gameplay than the 64 version.
Super Mario 64- As the 3DS is backwards compatible with the original DS we could always play Super Mario 64 DS which has updated visuals.
Super Smash Bros- We have a Super Smash Bros game on the 3DS with arguably better visuals and more characters.
Donkey Kong Country- We have the Wii port which is great
Diddy Kong Racing- We have the Nintendo DS version we could natively play.
Rayman 2- Was already remade on the 3DS as Rayman 3DS
Goldenye 64- We have a superior version of this game already on the Wii. I believe it was also remade on the DS so you can play that.
The Majoras Mask remake sucks. They messed up the swimming mechanics badly. Luckily, there's a mod that fixes that.

Reactions: emcintosh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: