Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if i install that, i dont even need the CIA version of the CHMM. do i? So i don't to install the thing i need HBC for.
the CIA version of CHMM[2] I think is for convenience. "hblauncher_loader" could be used for homebrew only available in .3dsx format.

Jinnial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I am probably just an idiot, but every time I try to load CHMM2 on my 2DS (10.3 with Browserhax) I just get a red screen on the bottom. I am using the .3dsx version. Help?

EDIT: I got it working.

Last edited by Jinnial,

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come these awesome homebrew apps NEVER come with instructions on how to use them? Am I supposed to place all the required files in a labeled folder in the "THEMES" folder? Because I've tried that, and the homebrew freezes when I tap a button. Or are the files supposed to be placed in the "THEMES" folder itself? In which case: I've done that too, and the theme doesn't load. Am I suppoesd to figure out how to do it myself? I need help!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come these awesome homebrew apps NEVER come with instructions on how to use them? Am I supposed to place all the required files in a labeled folder in the "THEMES" folder? Because I've tried that, and the homebrew freezes when I tap a button. Or are the files supposed to be placed in the "THEMES" folder itself? In which case: I've done that too, and the theme doesn't load. Am I suppoesd to figure out how to do it myself? I need help!
"CHMM2.3dsx" and "CHMM2.smdh" go to /3ds/CHMM2

then place your themes in /Themes

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. For the most part trial and error is they key to figuring out the solution. And what files are you placing in the themes folder?
Because it works just fine for me.

Place the .3dsx files in a folder with the same name. This folder will go in the 3DS folder on the root of your SD card.

So your setup should read
SD:/3DS/CHMM/CHMM.3dsx
SD:/3DS/CHMM/CHMM.sdmh
SD:/3DS/CHMM/Themes/"Named Theme"/(theme files)

Dang it @ihaveamac, I got ninja'd. lol

Last edited by Xenosaiga, , Reason: Sneaky sneaky people

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. For the most part trial and error is they key to figuring out the solution. And what files are you placing in the themes folder?
Because it works just fine for me.

Place the .3dsx files in a folder with the same name. This folder will go in the 3DS folder on the root of your SD card.

So your setup should read
SD:/3DS/CHMM/CHMM.3dsx
SD:/3DS/CHMM/CHMM.sdmh
SD:/3DS/CHMM/Themes/"Named Theme"/(theme files)

Dang it @ihaveamac, I got ninja'd. lol

Are the custom themes composed of a multiple files, or am I just supposed to use a single file?

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiple files. They all go in the same folder. Try 3dsthem.es and all you do is unzip the file and drop that folder as is in the themes folder in your SD

Ah, ok. Thanks! Seems to be working now.

... Guess the first time I tried (and failed!) was just a hiccup... Thanks again!

Reactions: Xenosaiga

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've installed CHMM 2.2 as a .CIA to my Gateway 9.5 emunand, but when I launch the application it doesn't appear to work correctly?
The themes I want have been loaded to 3DS root sdmc:/Themes/ThemeName, but do not preview when I launch the application.
Pressing the power button to initialise gives the error message:
"Error; [string "?"]:111: cannot initialize Sound module."
All I can do then is exit or restart back to the home menu.

Is there some sort of step I've missed or mistake I've made? The first post or the downloaded file doesn't include very many instructions or trouble-shooting.
Is it possible that by renaming the folders for the themes that I downloaded that I broke something?
Or is it possible that I've put the /Themes/ in the wrong location?

Thanks

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed CHMM 2.2 as a .CIA to my Gateway 9.5 emunand, but when I launch the application it doesn't appear to work correctly?
The themes I want have been loaded to 3DS root sdmc:/Themes/ThemeName, but do not preview when I launch the application.
Pressing the power button to initialise gives the error message:
"Error; [string "?"]:111: cannot initialize Sound module."
All I can do then is exit or restart back to the home menu.

Is there some sort of step I've missed or mistake I've made? The first post or the downloaded file doesn't include very many instructions or trouble-shooting.
Is it possible that by renaming the folders for the themes that I downloaded that I broke something?
Or is it possible that I've put the /Themes/ in the wrong location?

Thanks
you need to use this:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-dsp-firmware-dumper.402108/

the best way to use 3DSX homebrew on emunand/cfw is:

https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases

Reactions: RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I see, it needs to reference a DSP module dumped from one of my gamecards.
That thread seems to lack any download links however, the mirror website does not have the DSP Dumper.

I actually did try hblauncher_loader on my system, but it didn't work.
This is probably because I have to use a frankenfirmware to get online, I'm using a New 3DS with emunand 9.5 firmware.
I had to install newer Nver system titles and use Free Multi Patcher so I can continue to go online.
So what's probably happening is the launcher is mistakenly downloading the incorrect payload to launch.
If I had to guess I'll need to get the exact N3DS 9.5 EU payload and load it onto my SD card somewhere?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, it needs to reference a DSP module dumped from one of my gamecards.
That thread seems to lack any download links however, the mirror website does not have the DSP Dumper.

I actually did try hblauncher_loader on my system, but it didn't work.
This is probably because I have to use a frankenfirmware to get online, I'm using a New 3DS with emunand 9.5 firmware.
I had to install newer Nver system titles and use Free Multi Patcher so I can continue to go online.
So what's probably happening is the launcher is mistakenly downloading the incorrect payload to launch.
If I had to guess I'll need to get the exact N3DS 9.5 EU payload and load it onto my SD card somewhere?
try this:

run it anyway and hold Y while you boot it. this will save the payload to the SD card.

of course it will fail to boot but now you can take that file name, download the correct one for 9.5 from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/, and replace the one on your SD card.

Reactions: RupeeClock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL