Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, it needs to reference a DSP module dumped from one of my gamecards.
That thread seems to lack any download links however, the mirror website does not have the DSP Dumper.

I actually did try hblauncher_loader on my system, but it didn't work.
This is probably because I have to use a frankenfirmware to get online, I'm using a New 3DS with emunand 9.5 firmware.
I had to install newer Nver system titles and use Free Multi Patcher so I can continue to go online.
So what's probably happening is the launcher is mistakenly downloading the incorrect payload to launch.
If I had to guess I'll need to get the exact N3DS 9.5 EU payload and load it onto my SD card somewhere?

Maybe look a little harder?
http://adf.ly/1R6WVn
^download link for DSP dumper.

Reactions: RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
try this:

run it anyway and hold Y while you boot it. this will save the payload to the SD card.

of course it will fail to boot but now you can take that file name, download the correct one for 9.5 from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/, and replace the one on your SD card.

Good idea, I'll try that and report back.
Edit: Yeah, it's as I thought, the system is trying to download and execute the 10.3 payload when it's the 9.5 payload that I need. Now I just need to download the correct one.

Maybe look a little harder?
http://adf.ly/1R6WVn
^download link for DSP dumper.

Where did you get that adf.ly link from? It wasn't anywhere in the DSP Firmware Dumper thread or on the Mirror Site linked in the thread.
Ah, okay no sorry I guess, that mirror site had "latest releases" on the homepage, I mistook that as a complete listing of downloads on the site.
I had to look under "free works" (as opposed to a downloads section).
Thanks, I have what I should need then.

Last edited by RupeeClock,
Reactions: Xenosaiga

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I see, it needs to reference a DSP module dumped from one of my gamecards.
That thread seems to lack any download links however, the mirror website does not have the DSP Dumper.

I actually did try hblauncher_loader on my system, but it didn't work.
This is probably because I have to use a frankenfirmware to get online, I'm using a New 3DS with emunand 9.5 firmware.
I had to install newer Nver system titles and use Free Multi Patcher so I can continue to go online.
So what's probably happening is the launcher is mistakenly downloading the incorrect payload to launch.
If I had to guess I'll need to get the exact N3DS 9.5 EU payload and load it onto my SD card somewhere?

You can extract it (the dsp firmware) with uncart which is an ARM9 homebrew (.dat/.bin format)

Reactions: RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright, an update.

After following ihaveamac's advice with the hblauncher_loader, I successfully booted the 9.5 payload posing as the 10.3 payload.
Curiously I need to run Free Multi Patcher before launching hblauncher_loader, or it yellow screens.

From there I was able to run CHMM2 from within the Homebrew Launcher and that worked for setting up the theme I wanted, huzzah.
Whilst I was in there, I ran DSP Dumper which Xenosaiga helped me find on Rinnegatamante's website, and this dumped successfully.
This enables me to run the CIA installed CHMM2 from my emunand home menu directly now, which also works a treat.

I did run into a hiccup whilst using CHMM2 though, not understanding how to apply theme shuffles, I set the same theme multiple times and pressed X, this seemed to crash the system and when I next booted into emunand the home theme reverted to default.
Otherwise when I set it up correctly it worked a treat.

Thanks everyone, I got the theme I wanted set up now, the Yoshi's Springtime Siesta theme to match the colourful Yoshis cover plates I got.
It's a really nice theme, I'm gonna go buy it on my non-GW system, it deserves my money.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Could you possibly make CHMM2 install MenuHax when installing a theme or have an option to?

Would be cool, since it's annoying to install MenuHax every time.

And no, the custom theme option in the MenuHax Installer doesn't help me since it only allows one theme at a time.

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you possibly make CHMM2 install MenuHax when installing a theme or have an option to?

Would be cool, since it's annoying to install MenuHax every time.

And no, the custom theme option in the MenuHax Installer doesn't help me since it only allows one theme at a time.

They said they were adding this in the next update I think. If not the next update they definitely said it will be added.

MartyDreamy

Would you do anything for me?
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @Rinnegatamante error CHMM2 stable new

nqu0qw.jpg

Last edited by MartyDreamy,

MartyDreamy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by MartyDreamy,

Doug3455

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm getting this error when i open the .cia: [string "?"]:111: cannot initialize Sound Module.
How can i fix that?

EDIT: The .3dsx worked fine :D

Last edited by Doug3455,

Tiamatio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just got this and I only have one problem. Whenever I download a theme, there's no sound. Can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come the music suddenly stops after a while, for every theme? Even older themes that used to work perfectly fine with older versions of CHMM. Think I'm gonna ho back to using CHMM 1.

MartyDreamy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh damn! Another mistake!

IMG_20151231_134035.jpg

Is when I try to install a theme created by me. But inside the folder there is everything!

upload_2015-12-31_13-45-28.png

While if I try to install a theme that was not created by me makes me install without problems.
Where mistake? :(

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: MartyDreamy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.