• Views 7,254,961
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well......tried CEmu on my GPD Win running Mario Kart 8. Yeah......get to the Countdown, it gets such low FPS, then right when it gets to GO! it basically stops dead or goes to about 1-5 FPS. So for now, NSMBWU is the only Game that is Playable even with the Pauses it has when Playing.
Did you really expect anything better, though? Those things are powered by an Intel Atom processor for christs-sake. I'm amazed anyone actually thinks those disgraces of a portable PC are worth $400 USD.

Last edited by Irastris,
Reactions: legend80

MonsterDriver

Trophies
XP
Country
when cemu provides AMD optimization im going to donate to its Patreon
Cemu has a really bad performance in any Amd gpu, dont matter if you have a R9 290 or hd 7770, cemu only works in nvidia gpus properly

At least its free :(
T.T

Last edited by MonsterDriver,

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cemu has a really bad performance in any Amd gpu, dont matter if you have a R9 290 or hd 7770, cemu only works in nvidia gpu properly
:wtf:
Have you seen my sig or any of my videos/playlists?

Edit-
Oh, since you seemed to have just joined today I tend to make [AMD Edition] videos in each revision of Cemu and post them posts such as this-

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cemu-wii-u-emulator.399524/page-856#post-6870453

And just so you know, it's typically not performance thats the difference between AMD/Nvidia in Cemu (with the exception of certain vendor-specific bugs) but rather visual differences if anything.

Last edited by Darkemaste,

MonsterDriver

Trophies
XP
Country
:wtf:
Have you seen my sig or any of my videos/playlists?

Edit-
Oh, since you seemed to have just joined today I tend to make [AMD Edition] videos in each revision of Cemu and post them posts such as this-

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cemu-wii-u-emulator.399524/page-856#post-6870453

And just so you know, it's typically not performance thats the difference between AMD/Nvidia in Cemu (with the exception of certain vendor-specific bugs) but rather visual differences if anything.
I have a hd 7870 and r9 290
I had a hd 7770 and r9 280x
And i5 3570 and fx 8320
Star fox 20 fps in hd 7870 with drops to 1 fps
Donkey kong unplayable (crash)
Mario bros u unplayable (crash)
Luigi u ""
Super smash bros """"
Yoshi """"
I only can play mario kart 8 and mario 3d world without troubles using my r9 290

Last edited by MonsterDriver,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you really expect anything better, though? Those things are powered by an Intel Atom processor for christs-sake. I'm amazed anyone actually thinks those disgraces of a portable PC are worth $400 USD.
Actually I was just wanting to Experiment and see what the Device can and can not do. Figured WTH and Tested CEmu on it. Yeah, I did not expect much from it. But hey........NSMBWU is eeehhhh Playable enough. LOL. Bout the only thing on that Emu with that Hardware. Like I said: SM3DW crashes, Mario Kart 8 basically crashes, have not tested DK yet, but will probably crash. LOL

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a hd 7870 and r9 290
I had a hd 7770 and r9 280x
And i5 3570 and fx 8320
Star fox 20 fps in hd 7870 with drops to 1 fps
Donkey kong unplayable (crash)
Mario bros u unplayable (crash)
Luigi u ""
Super smash bros """"
Yoshi """"
I only can play mario kart 8 and mario 3d world without troubles using my r9 290
Hmmm, since MK8 and SM3DW work for you I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you don't have the files needed for both NSMBU and NSLU to run, (noted on both their wiki pages) DK:TF doesn't actually crash but the intro video doesn't play properly, (also on the wiki) and are unaware of the Smash input bug (wiki) and parcel bug for Yoshi's Wooly World. (again, wiki)

NONE of which are specific to AMD-GPUs. ;)

Last edited by Darkemaste,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm, since MK8 and SM3DW work for you I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you don't have the files needed for both NSMBU and NSLU to run, (noted on both their wiki pages) DK:TF doesn't actually crash but the intro video doesn't play properly, (also on the wiki) and are unaware of the Smash input bug (wiki) and parcel bug for Yoshi's Wooly World. (again, wiki)

Hey, how do you get the controls to work for NSMBU? I usually use the wii u pro controller as the controller for my keyboard. It works fine in MK8, but in NSMBU, nothing, particularly the up, down, left, and right for starters, doesn't seem to be recognized as inputs. I can't play it at all right now.

Thanks.

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I was just wanting to Experiment and see what the Device can and can not do. Figured WTH and Tested CEmu on it. Yeah, I did not expect much from it. But hey........NSMBWU is eeehhhh Playable enough. LOL. Bout the only thing on that Emu with that Hardware. Like I said: SM3DW crashes, Mario Kart 8 basically crashes, have not tested DK yet, but will probably crash. LOL

Nothing wrong with experimentation. After all, the potato is a wonderfully versatile vegetable! ;)

myowfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Would you say a maximum of 500mb to 1gb?

Shaders don't really take up much space. Since we're talking about emulation and the cached shaders probably arent super optimized, they're probably bigger than they should be so maybe 150MB max for most games with 30Mb being more common. That's just my guess.

Reactions: Usl5264

MonsterDriver

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks my friend hahaha i needed that files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Post it again tomorrow tho