• Start date
  • Views 7,254,774
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
Cemu has no PPC JIT yet, but the interpreter is somewhat streamlined to yield good performance. 20x improvement seems easily achievable on the CPU side of things (although 5x would probably be enough to run most games smoothly)
Jeez, and I thought citra's dyncom interpreter was fast. Nice work.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario kart runs 17-19fps on time trial i almost his 20fps
Can you repeat your PC specs again if you already said them please? Other people seem to be barely getting 5...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

MK8 runs at 5.7 fps in Time Trial on my PC (off course Grand Prix takes more ressources :) ), that's just purely amazing :D

It doesn't run at full speed on my PC, but it runs at a very enjoyable frame rate (about 25fps depending on the game). But I remember only 6 months ago, it was very very slow, 3DS emulation is making huge progress too :)
Your name is MK73DS, so I assume you play MK7 on Citra? How do you get ingame? Videos show people getting in game, but mine loops the loading screen forever. I don't even know if it's actually loading anything...

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you repeat your PC specs again if you already said them please? Other people seem to be barely getting 5...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Your name is MK73DS, so I assume you play MK7 on Citra? How do you get ingame? Videos show people getting in game, but mine loops the loading screen forever. I don't even know if it's actually loading anything...
As far as I know, you need a save to get ingame. I dumped mine from my cart, I'm not sure if any are available online. I extracted the save with the first save dumping tool (forget the name), but this should work too: https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/

Looks the best in the fragment lighting branch, but there are other problems.
upload_2015-12-17_0-22-18.png
upload_2015-12-17_0-24-6.png

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i7-5930K
2x Titan X
16Gb DDR4
Rampage V Extreme
4-9 fps during racing on Mario Kart 8

Jesus, that's some powerful rig. Well, it seems this Wii U emulator is even worse performance/optimisation wise than the PS3 emulator (CPS3) atm. I saw a dude able to run Disgaea 4 at 40-60fps :wtf:

I would have expected the Wii U to be easier to emulate and requiring less power.

I guess it's because this is barely in alpha coding stage though.

Can't wait to see this gets completed.

I remember back in the day when I was fiddling with the GBA & N64 emulators on the PSP, fun times. And when it was hardcore to get a decent framerate on PCSX2 for a while before they optimise it...

Patience... Patience :D

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jesus, that's some powerful rig. Well, it seems this Wii U emulator is even worse performance/optimisation wise than the PS3 emulator (CPS3) atm. I saw a dude able to run Disgaea 4 at 40-60fps :wtf:

I would have expected the Wii U to be easier to emulate and requiring less power.

I remember back in the day when I was fiddling with the GBA & N64 emulators on the PSP, fun times. And when it was hardcore to get a decent framerate on PCSX2 for a while before they optimise it...

emulators don't do good with SLI crossfire

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think that guy is "possibly" trolling, new account, only 1 post, lovely avatar picture, and somewhat unbelievable specs (why would someone spend $2000 on titanx's when they can just get the same performance from 2x 980ti's for half the price?)

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that guy is "possibly" trolling, new account, only 1 post, lovely avatar picture, and somewhat unbelievable specs (why would someone spend $2000 on titanx's when they can just get the same performance from 2x 980ti's for half the price?)
Plus who would even need more than 1 titan x...

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cemu has no PPC JIT yet, but the interpreter is somewhat streamlined to yield good performance. 20x improvement seems easily achievable on the CPU side of things (although 5x would probably be enough to run most games smoothly)

Just a Quick Question: Since Dolphin already has a PPC JIT and JITIL, could Cemu reuse some of that code for it's own JIT? They're both PowerPC, so I don't see why not.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country

Cool to see more people spending time on writing portable *and* fast CPU emulators ;)

Just curious, what techniques are you using to achieve better interpreter performance? Is it a standard cached interpretation, or is it something more sophisticated like compiling to an intermediate representation and actually running optimization passes over it? If it's something more advanced, do you happen to have any interesting resources to learn about your approach?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

cyrax33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool to see more people spending time on writing portable *and* fast CPU emulators ;)

Just curious, what techniques are you using to achieve better interpreter performance? Is it a standard cached interpretation, or is it something more sophisticated like compiling to an intermediate representation and actually running optimization passes over it? If it's something more advanced, do you happen to have any interesting resources to learn about your approach?

It's closed source, I'd doubt there be any techniques outlined to the public.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France

Haha this is a very old username I have since 2011 because I was just hyped for MK7 :P
I got stuck at loading screen too, and thank you @RHY3756547 for your tip ! I'll try this soon :D

D

Deleted User

Hey man that 3 fps difference in like two games really matters, worth the extra few grand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car