RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, so I know Windows 10 x64 is required, but is FULL DirectX12 required? I have two GTX760's in SLI, but Nvidia made the terrible decision to not make those relatively new GPU's fully compatible with DX12. They only claimed "partial" support.

untitled-png.26949
Nothing there says 'partial' support.
I have a 760 and haven't had any issues with DX12.

Reactions: Arck

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think any current GPU has full DX12 support. At least the GTX 970/980 don't. So you should be fine.

Cool! Once the 5.5.0 exploit gets released, I'll have to rip my games and try this!

Nothing there says 'partial' support.
I have a 760 and haven't had any issues with DX12.

I just looked into it, that was old information I recalled on. Before Win10 was released, Nvidia was saying that only Maxwell 7xx cards (750, 770, 790) and all 9xx cards were getting DX12 support. Keplar and below were said to have "partial" support. Now Nvidia's site says that ALL DX11 cards will have DX12 support, with Fermi GPU's getting support later this year. The 760 is a Keplar GPU I believe.

Last edited by Selim873,
Reactions: Arck

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
:blink::blink::blink:

...because just one ":blink:" doesn't exactly cut it. Where the **** did this came from???

I know it's a work in progress, but I'm missing one of the most important questions: what about the second screen? Is it planned to have the gamepad connect to your PC at one point? :unsure:

Reactions: Margen67

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
Huh... I'm somewhat disappointed. Since there's no source code to look at, I just disassembled the executable.
It seems like the emulator was a bit rushed into displaying graphics. The threading mechanism doesn't seem very stable (probably the reason behind the random crashes) and memory handling could use some work as well.
The relevant parts of "coreinit" are implemented (threading, file system, memory) and enough of GX2 is implemented as well. Overall, the emulator seems to have been a bit "hacked" together a bit too fast (heavily relying on wxWidgets too).

That may be a problem in the future when more accurate emulation will be necessary. For example, exjam invested a great deal of time and work into creating a solid code base. Considering they are reaching graphics as well, soon enough the emulator should see fast and stable progress.

Nonetheless, thank you for the release. Hope to see some nice progress on this. :)

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Huh... I'm somewhat disappointed. Since there's no source code to look at, I just disassembled the executable.
It seems like the emulator was a bit rushed into displaying graphics. The threading mechanism doesn't seem very stable (probably the reason behind the random crashes) and memory handling could use some work as well.
The relevant parts of "coreinit" are implemented (threading, file system, memory) and enough of GX2 is implemented as well. Overall, the emulator seems to have been a bit "hacked" together a bit too fast (heavily relying on wxWidgets too).

That may be a problem in the future when more accurate emulation will be necessary. For example, exjam invested a great deal of time and work into creating a solid code base. Considering they are reaching graphics as well, soon enough the emulator should see fast and stable progress.

Nonetheless, thank you for the release. Hope to see some nice progress on this. :)
Huh?

bandicam 2015-10-13 12-05-23-330.jpg

*snip*

Last edited by Depravo, , Reason: Doing it via PM also breaks forum rules. AS WELL YOU KNOW

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's a puzzle. You just need to break the code to access the source :ph34r:

It's SO obvious! Look at the file extension! README.MD, it's obviously a MegaDrive ROM, and it will tell you how to obtain the REAL source by loading it on an MD/Genesis! :tpi:

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that quick huh.

I can not believe my eyes.

Now this is what you call mad hacking skills!

V @Exzap in action! V

giphy.gif

i bow down to your dev skills.
Greatest gif ever!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For those interested if their computers are comparable, it probably is.
Windows 10
AMD Phenom II x4 965 black edition (Quad 3.4 gHz)
12 GB DDR3 RAM
NVidia GT 450 (1 gb)

The videocard is a bottleneck for the computer, but at the state of emulation it's probably good enough.
Pretty much any Intel i5 or greater released in the past few years is most likely better as well.
psh i got 64bg of ddr4 ram. Get at me bro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car