• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dunno if it's still relevant.
But there is a NSMB U Bug concerning the invisible coins on Nvidia cards.
Currently the correct behaviour relies on specific AMD code. However OpenGL provides an equal solution called framebuffer_blit

https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/EXT/framebuffer_blit.txt

Kudos to refraction from the pcsx2 team
To sort of add to this, I recently started looking into Citra and saw something that reminds me of something that specifically happens to character models in Xenoblade Chronicles X and to a lesser extent MK8 where certain spectator characters (hammer bros., certain toadstools, etc.) appear and seemingly cause a performance hit.

https://citra-emu.org/entry/citra-progress-report-2016-p1

(The "Align Attribute Components" part of the report.)

Dunno if it's of any use to anyone here but I just thought I would mention it anyway.

Last edited by Darkemaste,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
To sort of add to this, I recently started looking into Citra and saw something that reminds me of something that specifically happens to character models in Xenoblade Chronicles X and to a lesser extent MK8 where certain spectator characters (hammer bros., certain toadstools, etc.) appear and seemingly cause a performance hit.

https://citra-emu.org/entry/citra-progress-report-2016-p1

(The "Align Attribute Components" part of the report.)

Dunno if it's of any use to anyone here but I just thought I would mention it anyway.
It's not, and the issue you mentioned doesn't happen at all on NVIDIA. It's likely just a shader fp math issue.

donkeyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last edited by donkeyhigh,

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's not, and the issue you mentioned doesn't happen at all on NVIDIA. It's likely just a shader fp math issue.
So Xenoblade Chronicles X on Nvidia doesn't have character models stretching and disappearing at angles then?
When I first saw this "stretching" in MK8 I mistook it for seemingly the only issue in the sky/background in MK8 on AMD, when I made those 2 videos linked I noticed it actually wasn't part of the sky at all and only happens/is visible when those characters pop up.
Tbqh I'd imagine it would be hard to notice that since the sky/background in MK8 on Nvidia isn't displayed properly in the first place. I'll try to search Bowers Castle videos in Cemu on Nvidia though and see if Hammer Bros. are rendered properly around the large Bowser statue.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

RHY3756547

Trophies
XP
Country
So Xenoblade Chronicles X on Nvidia doesn't have character models stretching and disappearing at angles then?
When I first saw this "stretching" on AMD I mistook it for the seemingly only issue in the sky/background in MK8, when I made those 2 videos linked I noticed it wasn't part of the sky at all and only happens/is visible when those characters pop up. Tbqh I'd imagine it would be hard to notice that since the sky/background in MK8 on Nvidia isn't displayed properly in the first place. I'll try to search Bowers Castle videos in Cemu on Nvidia though and see if Hammer Bros. are rendered properly.
Was talking about MK8. There are a ton of problems with Xenoblade so it's not fair to pin any one down. I'd argue that exploding polygons are very easy to see, even over a void sky, and particularly the issue indoors in Bowser's castle is not present at all.

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Was talking about MK8. There are a ton of problems with Xenoblade so it's not fair to pin any one down. I'd argue that exploding polygons are very easy to see, even over a void sky, and particularly the issue indoors in Bowser's castle is not present at all.
This is the video I linked and am referring to when I mention Hammer bros.-

They ONLY pop up around the large Bowser statue and it is the only instance in this course with this stretching/artifact.

Apparently upon further inspection there are Dry Bones throughout the rest of the castle but they are rendered properly and don't have any issues. As I said, I'm currently looking for a video with MK8 on Nvidia in Bowsers castle and seeing how hammer bros. are rendered.

Edit- Also, the "exploding" pixels here are transparent and stretch from an initially invisible model and mostly noticeable in the sky. Pretty much why I'd imagine it would be difficult to notice unless you were already certain there was suppose to be something there.

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ugh, I'm having a hard time trying to find a similar video, I've only been able to find MK8 cemu videos in that specific course from 1.2.0 and below and are seemingly mostly AMD.

I did find out however through various videos that this seemingly wasn't an issue before for AMD, as seen here-

Edit- Hmmm, doesn't seem like I can make the video start at a certain point here, lol.
Tried to make it start at 7:56.

SonicfanCEMUTesting

One of Sonic fans that is here, because reasons
Trophies
White Space (not a generations reference)
XP
Country
Poland
I put Mario Kart 8 in my Launchbox (Big Box) libary and looks nice!

7rDLpRu.jpg
it is possible to put other games in LaunchBox? (just saying)

Reactions: do.ob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh