ROM Hack [Release] CDN-FX - The ultimate eShop Content Downloader!

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
so is their an alterative to this that lets you download what evers in the enctitlekeys.bin
You can download anything from the enctitlekeys.bin just fine. It's just the names that won't appear for the newer titles until we update the db.
So far I noticed some interesting behaviour. Installing an app through the eshop can delete those "leftovers" I pointed out in my first post, but strangely this doest apply in every case. It happens sometimes but not always. I dumped the title.db myself and verified it later on. So some inconsistency here.

I also found out that it is possible to injected a empty ticket.db into the sysnand and boot into it successfully, but complete unusable because all your title will disappear. Strangely this also doesn't apply to 2.1.0 firmware. I successfully injected a blank ticket.db into it and it seemed to work as intended. (?) -> Maybe it is possible to generate a clean/legit ticket.db yourself by installing all needed system cias with injected fbi?
That's all regular behavior (except for 2.1.. No knowledge about that FW so I won't comment).

The way it works is that all titles that you are installing illegally won't have a valid ticket. When you access the eshop, some kind of check is performed and deleted whatever is not purchases legally. That happens with DLC and themes. I don't think it happens with full game titles (again, won't comment cause I don't use CIA)

Injecting an empty ticket.db.. Define empty! As in, not even system titles are there? It shouldn't work I believe. If you mean only system titles are on the tickets, then that's normal behavior, as the tickets on the system are not associated with the db, and therefore, you have to reinstall the tickets, and your titles will reappear. D0k3 talks about this in the last few pages of his decrypt9 thread

NickValentine2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can download anything from the enctitlekeys.bin just fine. It's just the names that won't appear for the newer titles until we update the db.

That's all regular behavior (except for 2.1.. No knowledge about that FW so I won't comment).

The way it works is that all titles that you are installing illegally won't have a valid ticket. When you access the eshop, some kind of check is performed and deleted whatever is not purchases legally. That happens with DLC and themes. I don't think it happens with full game titles (again, won't comment cause I don't use CIA)

Injecting an empty ticket.db.. Define empty! As in, not even system titles are there? It shouldn't work I believe. If you mean only system titles are on the tickets, then that's normal behavior, as the tickets on the system are not associated with the db, and therefore, you have to reinstall the tickets, and your titles will reappear. D0k3 talks about this in the last few pages of his decrypt9 thread

empty file = file overwritten with 0s with hex editor

I expected that, so I wanted to share my knowledge with the public :)

Reactions: Madridi

NickValentine2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In both cases the are zeroed, but in the 2.1 FW it seems to work, I am not sure if i got the point right. I did a series of flashing, i even played a lot with ctrnand flash around.

So I will do some testing. If i can successfully generate a legit clean ticket.db, I will share the knowledge. Since my ticket.db includes the ambassador games I didn't download or request, they have all unique ids.... No clue, whatsoever

Last edited by NickValentine2k,

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So with this downloader can we literally pirate all 3ds games we want until the end of the age? :O
Nope. Nintendo cans update their servers to add new layers of security (and demands more than just a title id and title key, like a synchronization with your nintendo account).

Last edited by RealityNinja,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Nintendo cans update their servers to add new layers of security (and demands more than just a title key, like an encrypted unique file for each person that paid a game, and a synchronization with your nintendo account).
... which they won't do because it would require some major changes to the eShop and how it works, and that is not worth it this late in the game. this is something for a new system (NX?).

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
... which they won't do because it would require some major changes to the eShop and how it works, and that is not worth it this late in the game. this is something for a new system (NX?).
To be honest, i think like you. Maybe the NX will have those layers of security, but for the 3ds and WiiU, i don't think so (the eShop will be closed before).

edit: ok, so if the eShop is closed for the Wii U and 3ds, no more downloading XD
So, we CAN'T "pirate all 3ds games we want until the end of the age" :-p

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, i think like you. Maybe the NX will have those layers of security, but for the 3ds and WiiU, i don't think so (the eShop will be closed before).

edit: ok, so if the eShop is closed for the Wii U and 3ds, no more downloading XD
So, we CAN'T "pirate all 3ds games we want until the end of the age" :-p
Wouldn't that technically make it the end of the age? The end of the age of the 3ds eShop? Lol

Reactions: RealityNinja

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Community Database updated!

Total Entries: 6616

eShop Apps: 4370
Demo: 567
Updates: 394
DLC: 196
DSi: 709

More than 2000 Titles were added to the database!

Special thanks to Jimmsu for this awesome (and huge) update!

Ptrk25
Thanks Ptrk25, Jimmsu has made a huge effort with this new database. Also, many old entries have been corrected.

To everyone: The only category not updated so far is the DSi. That will take some time. On a related note, the reason why it might take some time because Japanese titles need translation. If anyone can help us translate Japanese titles that would be great! Please contact me here or via PM

And as usual, if you find a title on your ticket without a name, please post it here.

Enjoy :)

Ptrk25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Artist needed!

Hey, I'm currently working on "CDN-FX 3.0". The old logo is outdated and that's why I need a new one.
It would be nice if someone could do a new logo and a splash screen for me.

Splash screen
Splash screen dimension: 620 x 350

Logo (image) + "CDN-FX"(as Text) in the middle of the splash screen

Background should be white
should orientate to material design

Logo
The logo should orientate on the color theme

7NOQ6iI.png

Artist will be of course in the credits!
For further questions just pm me.

Ptrk25

Last edited by Ptrk25,

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Artist needed!

Hey, I'm currently working on "CDN-FX 3.0". The old logo is outdated and that's why I need a new one.
It would be nice if someone could do a new logo and a splash screen for me.

Splash screen
Splash screen dimension: 620 x 350

Logo (image) + "CDN-FX"(as Text) in the middle of the splash screen

Background should be white

Logo
The logo should orientate on the color theme

7NOQ6iI.png

Artist will be of course in the credits!
For further questions just pm me.

Ptrk25
nice to see you back into the race any hints what is the Futures on cdn fx 3.0

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming this is the cross-platform update that will allow it to work on Mac OS X and such mentioned a few pages back. It would be nice if it pulled metadata and saved it by querying the CDN with the decrypted title keys like 3DSeStuff does, but with all the work put into the community XML up to now I don't see that happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ ATEMVEGETA: how is this dangerous? A ton of people did this it's the most common thing to do with CFW