Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice project!

I use AuReiNand as my CFW. If I replace my A9LH with one with screen init so the animation will show, will that bring back the 3D bug in reinand?
I have screen int a9l and don't have the 3d bug at all in cakes or aureinand. I'm pretty sure the fix they used to fix the 3d bug for non a9l is what keeps it working with screen int

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is so beautiful, I put the gamecube bootanimation and loads too fast that it seems to be embeded on the 3DS... Waiting to see that classic DS animation.

Reactions: daxtsu

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just installed this one looks exellent but would be better if screens where black in the at boot that
way it will blend better with logo
I didn't totally understand your request. My animation starts and finishes with 5 frames of black, and the background always is black. What did you want changed?

stussy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't totally understand your request. My animation starts and finishes with 5 frames of black, and the background always is black. What did you want changed?

as i boot 3ds both screens are white then top screen goes black to your logo while bottom stays white after logo finishes both screens stays black into booting cakes cfw

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
as i boot 3ds both screens are white then top screen goes black to your logo while bottom stays white after logo finishes both screens stays black into booting cakes cfw
That's not really related to my animation, apparently this was made for debug purposes on the first build of this tool, if you update to a newer one it should be black :)

Reactions: stussy1

stussy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not really related to my animation, apparently this was made for debug purposes on the first build of this tool, if you update to a newer one it should be black :)

thats what i thought have to look for a black version of arm9loaderhax.bin
just installed black version working perfect awsome work keep it up would be awsome if there was sound :)

Last edited by stussy1,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having some trouble getting this to work. In the release archive, the anim file is inside a folder also called anim. If I copy the folder containing the anim file to the root of my SD card along with the new arm9loaderhax.bin (and renaming my existing arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9payload.bin), then the 3DS just hangs on a black screen on boot with the power light on. If I put the anim file directly in the root directory of the SD card then the 3DS boots up to AuReiNand but I don't see any boot animation. So my questions are, what is the correct location for the anim file and what do I need to do to make the animation visible on boot?

Reactions: peteruk

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some trouble getting this to work. In the release archive, the anim file is inside a folder also called anim. If I copy the folder containing the anim file to the root of my SD card along with the new arm9loaderhax.bin (and renaming my existing arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9payload.bin), then the 3DS just hangs on a black screen on boot with the power light on. If I put the anim file directly in the root directory of the SD card then the 3DS boots up to AuReiNand but I don't see any boot animation. So my questions are, what is the correct location for the anim file and what do I need to do to make the animation visible on boot?
Do u have a9l with screen int? I assume this needs it

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

That behavior sounds weird, but since peteruk liked it (same trouble), I'm guessing it has to do with both of you having the non screen_init a9lh.

Works excellent on my system, anim-file is supposed to be located in the anim folder.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: pbanj

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Great, thanks! I put the files from the guide I linked to in the correct place but then the 3dsx version of the SafeA9LHInstaller wouldn't work (hung on black screen), presumably because I'm using updated sysnand. So I replaced my arm9loaderhax.bin file with the SafeA9LHInstaller one, booted, got to the installer, and updated my a9lh. Then when I put the latest AuReiNand a9lh bin file on the SD card I got the new config menu and was then able to boot back to my sysnand through a9lh :)

Long story short - I think I'm now on the latest a9lh so I'm going to try BootAnim9 again :)

Edit - update: yep it worked :D Thanks guys!

Last edited by mashers,

pbanj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, thanks! I put the files from the guide I linked to in the correct place but then the 3dsx version of the SafeA9LHInstaller wouldn't work (hung on black screen), presumably because I'm using updated sysnand. So I replaced my arm9loaderhax.bin file with the SafeA9LHInstaller one, booted, got to the installer, and updated my a9lh. Then when I put the latest AuReiNand a9lh bin file on the SD card I got the new config menu and was then able to boot back to my sysnand through a9lh :)

Long story short - I think I'm now on the latest a9lh so I'm going to try BootAnim9 again :)

Edit - update: yep it worked :D Thanks guys!
Glad you got it working

nonameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
another one I made

Qm6bP64.gif

hope you like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News