Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have another wii u that i want to switch from tiramisu to aroma.
is it safe to just copy all the files from my wii u that already have aroma ?

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aroma Beta 15 has been released! (2023-07-24)

Changelog:
  • Recompiled everything with latest wut, devkitppc, wums/wups to improve stability and stop softlocking on FS errors
  • Implemented support for pairing controller and GamePads in Autoboot Module and EnvironmentLoader
  • Implemented support for using a Wiimote or Pro Controller in Autoboot Module and EnvironmentLoader (Button combos for opening these menus only works on the GamePad)
  • Fixed loading .rpl files from the sd card
  • Always avoid "close app" confirmation when launching homebrew
  • CURLWrapperModule is now using curl 8.0.1
  • Log the module version for more modules at each application start.
Make sure to update the EnvironmentLoader as well

To update to the latest Aroma version simply run the Aroma Updater or download the latest Aroma version here:https://aroma.foryour.cafe/

Aroma Beta 16 has been released! (2023-07-31)

Changelog:
  • Fixed booting
    • DuckTales: Remastered
      • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
      • Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut
      • Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know!
      • The Smurfs™ 2
  • Fixed a bug which made exiting Othello extremely slow
To update to the latest Aroma version simply run the Aroma Updater or download the latest Aroma version here:https://aroma.foryour.cafe/

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes, I do that all the time.
EDIT: just to make sure, we are talking about the files on the SD?

The NAND Backups are still console specific
Thats good news, thanks
Aroma Beta 15 has been released! (2023-07-24)

Changelog:
  • Recompiled everything with latest wut, devkitppc, wums/wups to improve stability and stop softlocking on FS errors
  • Implemented support for pairing controller and GamePads in Autoboot Module and EnvironmentLoader
  • Implemented support for using a Wiimote or Pro Controller in Autoboot Module and EnvironmentLoader (Button combos for opening these menus only works on the GamePad)
  • Fixed loading .rpl files from the sd card
  • Always avoid "close app" confirmation when launching homebrew
  • CURLWrapperModule is now using curl 8.0.1
  • Log the module version for more modules at each application start.
Make sure to update the EnvironmentLoader as well

Aroma Beta 16 has been released! (2023-07-31)

Changelog:
  • Fixed booting
    • DuckTales: Remastered
      • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
      • Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut
      • Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know!
      • The Smurfs™ 2
  • Fixed a bug which made exiting Othello extremely slow
Im using beta 16
maybe its a bug, everytime i enabled burn in reduction & auto power down option, go back to main menu and check the settings again it always set back to disabled

I switch back to tiramisu & doesnt have the same problem

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The biggest issue for me with Aroma, it's we can't forward vwii homebrew in¨real¨ vwii mode, and therefore have usb support.

The miss of retroarch on Aroma can be filled by WiiFlow for most parts, and some parts are even better but that will be on SD card only.

Of course to get vWii support we can use Boot2wii with .wuhb package, but it's related to wiiu and so no usb, hbl2hbc isn't compatible with aroma etc...
We can use vwii with sd and Aroma but I lost already a 256go sd card, and red here end there, that it's not a good device for many access.

So I guess maybe I don't know how to do to have vwii usb support and Aroma, and if there is a solution I'll be happy to learn it, and if that post can make aroma better, that makes me happy .

Last edited by jul16ares,

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way you could remove the “not all software could be displayed as there are no empty slots” nag? It’s a more niche thing but given that there’s that method to bypass the 300 title limit with editing the title IDs on the barista file, you can easily have more than 300 titles spread out across multiple users. But then that message will always pop up whenever you turn the system on. It’s not a dealbreaker of course but yeah, if it were possible to get around it then that’d make this method even better. It seems like it should be possible since you got rid of the nags for plugging in a USB while the system is on and for force shutting down the system, as well as that plugin for getting rid of the WiiVC display/control options message, but of course I don’t know how this stuff works so it may not be doable.

Last edited by IceBlueLugia,
  • Wow
Reactions: september796

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any way you could remove the “not all software could be displayed as there are no empty slots” nag? It’s a more niche thing but given that there’s that method to bypass the 300 title limit with editing the title IDs on the barista file, you can easily have more than 300 titles spread out across multiple users. But then that message will always pop up whenever you turn the system on. It’s not a dealbreaker of course but yeah, if it were possible to get around it then that’d make this method even better. It seems like it should be possible since you got rid of the nags for plugging in a USB while the system is on and for force shutting down the system, as well as that plugin for getting rid of the WiiVC display/control options message, but of course I don’t know how this stuff works so it may not be doable.
Uninstall games. There is no way to bypass the 300 title limit.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How do you reach 300 installed titles on Wii U? As much as i love the console, it doesn't have so many play worthy games.
Well, if you install VC titles as well, I can see how 300 tile limit can be reached quickly. Still, with the dual HDD setup it should be pretty easy to have Wii U games on one HDD, Wii and GC games on the other. As for the other systems, they probably go onto the SD card I guess.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstall games. There is no way to bypass the 300 title limit.
Incorrect. There are two known ways to do it, both involving multiple users and potentially a third if Launchiine ever gets finished. I literally mentioned this, maybe read my post lmao

How do you reach 300 installed titles on Wii U? As much as i love the console, it doesn't have so many play worthy games.
Wii U can play games from every Nintendo system except the 3DS and of course Switch. That's probably around 10,000 games playable right there. 300 is a pretty small selection when you think about it like that.

Does I can count the wole titles over 300 ?
I think so

Reactions: Blythe93

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is this on the front page?
1706630977365.png

TheStonedModder

Trophies