Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So I installed the exact way it was explained. Everything runs as intended, the issue was when I chose the launcher always setting to replace xmb. Once I disabled it, it went back working. The only thing that didn't work with launcher replacing xmb setting was psp games, got the blue screen after loading one. Probably a path issue, I was running games from the psp go ms0, not ef0 internal. That was the only issue I found. Latest version as well.
Oh yeah I haven't done much testing on PSP Go external memory (since I only have a 128MB one lol so I could only test like one homebrew and one PSX game). I will try to look into it but for now I recommend you always use the internal memory.
Oh and also, if you use external memory make sure you also have the ARK savedata folder in it, otherwise ARK might not find the installed files (though ARK should work without the savedata folder).

I noticed that the latest release breaks when loading the Custom Firmware Extender plugin (Github link). Could you take a look into it?
Sure, I'll look into it. Probably an issue with how the plugins are loaded (it changed a bit to accomodate the PS Vita with per-game plugins).

Reactions: FPSUsername

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is it possible to change the title of the post? I can't seem to be able to. The CFW itself is not longer "experimental", can a mod change this?

Teddie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nice! I thought ark was a dead project but i see that is going excellent! Hope you can fix the vita version not able to run some isos (djmax portable 3 for example) and figure out how to implement popsloader on vita, that would be awesome!

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hey bro,any plan to update for infinity? Would really like to tried this but it’s kinda pain to uninstall the infinity.
Also is there any guides to help me transfer from lme to ark?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I noticed that the latest release breaks when loading the Custom Firmware Extender plugin (Github link). Could you take a look into it?
Can you tell me which was the last version that worked with CFE? It'll make figuring out the issue easier.

Hey bro,any plan to update for infinity? Would really like to tried this but it’s kinda pain to uninstall the infinity.
Also is there any guides to help me transfer from lme to ark?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送
The problem with infinity is that I am not the developer behind it and I can't seem to be able to compile it. I will try to contact the original developer for his help.
As for going from LME to ARK, it should be possible to have both installed as there's no file colision (you can triple boot ARK, PRO and ME as long as you have the loaders for each of them).

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
By the way, I just tested it myself if there's DAX support, unfortunately, there isn't.

See a comparison between ISO, CSO, and DAX here, where I compressed 7 large-sized games. It doesn't make a world of a difference between CSO/DAX, but it's just for that little extra that might allow you to squeeze another game on while having enough room for savedata.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
By the way, I just tested it myself if there's DAX support, unfortunately, there isn't.

See a comparison between ISO, CSO, and DAX here, where I compressed 7 large-sized games. It doesn't make a world of a difference between CSO/DAX, but it's just for that little extra that might allow you to squeeze another game on while having enough room for savedata.
There's support for a much better format created recently: ZSO. It uses lz4 compression which is extremely fast while also very space efficient (much better than CSO and DAX at both things). Give it a try!
Edit: I will take a look at implementing dax support but I also to figure out some other issues that are more important (CFE, PS1 on Vita, etc)

Last edited by Acid_Snake,
Reactions: Teddie

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's support for a much better format created recently: ZSO. It uses lz4 compression which is extremely fast while also very space efficient (much better than CSO and DAX at both things). Give it a try!
Edit: I will take a look at implementing dax support but I also to figure out some other issues that are more important (CFE, PS1 on Vita, etc)

Oh wow, that's amazing. Could you link a tool in the first post which could compress ISO to ZSO? I found this compressor within a few seconds of searching.

I tried it on two large games but it's not compressing as much as DAX or CSO.
I used this command:
.\maxcso.exe --threads=4 --format=zso --use-lz4 file.iso -o file.zso

Last edited by FPSUsername,

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Reactions: Abaccus

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Was it like that on the previous release?

Worked on 8.4 and older. It happens when I open the VSH menu and enter the recovery.
When I get the exception, the only thing that works is pressing X, only to get looped into the same error (or removing the battery)

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Worked on 8.4 and older. It happens when I open the VSH menu and enter the recovery.
When I get the exception, the only thing that works is pressing X, only to get looped into the same error (or removing the battery)
Works fine for me. Make sure you only have either joysens.prx or joysense_lite.prx, not both.
I added this line to PLUGINS.TXT file:
all, ms0:/seplugins/joysens.prx, on

Been able to use xmb, an iso, a ps1 game and recovery all fine.

FPSUsername

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's odd. I disabled all plugins to see if any other plugin is interfering with joysens, but it's not. Still getting the exception.

Edit: it seems that the joysens.ini file was empty, causing the exception.

Last edited by FPSUsername,

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's odd. I disabled all plugins to see if any other plugin is interfering with joysens, but it's not. Still getting the exception
The only interference I found was that joysense.prx doesn't let cfe work (it remaps the note button, but it doesn't crash), but joysense_lite doesn't interfere.
It's really odd cause I have a lot of plugins enabled at the same time and can't reproduce the issue, I can launch recovery menu just fine. However, it is actually a bad idea to let plugins and settings take effect on recovery menu, so I may need to add some protection around it so it loads clean.

James01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it seems older plugins needs to be done. when I enable dayviewer.prx plugin, my psp was straight up crashed as soon as i hit the exit on recovery menu. cxmb.prx plugin doesnt work too no crashing but it doesnt load the plugin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf