Homebrew RELEASE [RELEASE] Amiga Emulator UAE4All2 for Switch

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having fun with this today :)

Btw if I load the emulator and start a config that's set to kickstart 3.1, it initially boots with kickstart 1.3, and I have to reboot for it to use 3.1

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Having fun with this today :)

Btw if I load the emulator and start a config that's set to kickstart 3.1, it initially boots with kickstart 1.3, and I have to reboot for it to use 3.1

You might have a saved a “per adf” or “per hdf” config that is auto loaded when you select your adf or hdf. Check your conf folder if there are any extra .conf files specifically for certain games. Alternatively, insert your hdf or adf, check if the config changed automatically; then adjust it and re-save another “per game” or “per hdf” config. It will overwrite the previous one.

Reactions: Lineacero

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might have a saved a “per adf” or “per hdf” config that is auto loaded when you select your adf or hdf. Check your conf folder if there are any extra .conf files specifically for certain games. Alternatively, insert your hdf or adf, check if the config changed automatically; then adjust it and re-save another “per game” or “per hdf” config. It will overwrite the previous one.
Thanks, but it's not that, the configs I'm using have 3.1 selected, and I just went and changed it from 3.1 to 2.0 and back to 3.1, started the emulator and it still uses 1.3 on first boot (I get an error dialog in front of a shell window, because it doesn't recognise the hard drive format as a dos disk). Then I press - to go into the menu and press R to reboot (without changing any settings), and it boots properly with 3.1.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I found the time to test it with HDF's and about 100 games, they all run perfect even if this emu does not like interlaced modes. However the workbench seems to have "washed colours" and is not accurate due to the resolution.

Really good job !

About 50Hz, we cannot get it because Horizon is locked to 60hz or is it hardware related ?

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I found the time to test it with HDF's and about 100 games, they all run perfect even if this emu does not like interlaced modes. However the workbench seems to have "washed colours" and is not accurate due to the resolution.

Really good job !

About 50Hz, we cannot get it because Horizon is locked to 60hz or is it hardware related ?

To fix washed out Workbench, just simply go to display settings and select a 640x preset instead of 320x and it will look perfect :) Workbench uses higher resolution than most games. Some games use higher 640 resolution, too. Like Lemmings. It helps to fiddle a bit with the presets sometimes. For example, borders in Settlers are missing unless you select more columns than 320 (it goes up higher than 320 to display overscan borders, also higher than 640 for workbench or other med res screens with overscan.)

Last edited by rsn8887,

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Enjoying the emulator loads but thought I’d offer a bug report.
I’ve noticed in the game “The Immortal” there are graphic glitches.
Changing the blitter setting helps to a degree but it is still there.
The Vita version had the same problem.
Aside from that most games run flawlessly.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To fix washed out Workbench, just simply go to display settings and select a 640x preset instead of 320x and it will look perfect :) Workbench uses higher resolution than most games. Some games use higher 640 resolution, too. Like Lemmings. It helps to fiddle a bit with the presets sometimes. For example, borders in Settlers are missing unless you select more columns than 320 (it goes up higher than 320 to display overscan borders, also higher than 640 for workbench or other med res screens with overscan.)

It worked, many thanks mate :) Crystal clear picture now !

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Enjoying the emulator loads but thought I’d offer a bug report.
I’ve noticed in the game “The Immortal” there are graphic glitches.
Changing the blitter setting helps to a degree but it is still there.
The Vita version had the same problem.
Aside from that most games run flawlessly.

Yes this is a known issue. I currently don’t know how to fix it. Honestly, Immortal is better on the Genesis/Mega Drive anyways... you can play it in Retroarch :)

siudym

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it possible to add a mode, e.g. PAL-60? Unfortunately, to get the perfect screen scrolling, you need to have the emulator set to NTSC (the console screen is known to be in 60hz), unfortunately a huge number of games does not start on the NTSC amiga and requires PAL. The idea is that the speed is at 60fps, but the emulator's compatibility as PAL.

Question about uae4all on ps vita:
I wonder why emulation set to PAL with sound shows the number of frames per second 50, while when I turn off sound emulation skips to 60 and the effect is perfectly smooth animations (settings are still on PAL).

Last edited by siudym,

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
If emulator refresh was fixed to 60 Hz, then pretty much all games would run too fast. Sound would also run too fast.

The reason why it jumps to 60 FPS when sound is off: syncing is done to the audio. Otherwise the sound would have clicks and dropouts. When the sound is off, syncing is done to the screen refresh. It shows 60 FPS and is smooth, but the games still run way too fast just like when you select NTSC Amiga.

Last edited by rsn8887,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there a way to fix the overscan on games such as Cannon Fodder and Sensible World of Soccer? I understand the issue is caused by the PAL resolution, but I can’t find a scaling setting to resize it.

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to fix the overscan on games such as Cannon Fodder and Sensible World of Soccer? I understand the issue is caused by the PAL resolution, but I can’t find a scaling setting to resize it.

Yes, for the horizontal overscan this can be easily done by using the "Preset Width" option in the "Display Settings" menu. You have to go to display settings and select a preset width that is large enough. Choose something wider than 320 to display the overscan. For example choose “Display and Sound” and then “Preset Width 352” or maybe even “Preset Width: 384” for the full horizontal overscan display. Just cycle through the all the different menu choices for Preset Width to find one that works for the game you are playing.

This is needed also for The Settlers to see the full border, for Pinball Illusions to see the ball on the right side of the screen, etc.

After you do that, you can still change the vertical overscan height and center the image vertically. This can be done either via the quick shortcuts “Plus+R+dpad” in the game itself, or you could use the "Displayed Lines" and "Vertical Position" options in the menu.

But the horizontal width adjustment can ONLY be made in the menu, using "Preset Width." There's no quick shortcut for that.

This is one of the benefits of this emulator: I have been working on improving this emulator for over a year with Cpasjuste’s, Schlauchi’s, and the users’ help with bug reports on the Vita already. Of course it is not perfect, but a lot of things have been fixed over time already.

Last edited by rsn8887,
Reactions: Lineacero and CTBC

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes, for the horizontal overscan this can be easily done by using the "Preset Width" option in the "Display Settings" menu. You have to go to display settings and select a preset width that is large enough. Choose something wider than 320 to display the overscan. For example choose “Display and Sound” and then “Preset Width 352” or maybe even “Preset Width: 384” for the full horizontal overscan display. Just cycle through the all the different menu choices for Preset Width to find one that works for the game you are playing.

This is needed also for The Settlers to see the full border, for Pinball Illusions to see the ball on the right side of the screen, etc.

After you do that, you can still change the vertical overscan height and center the image vertically. This can be done either via the quick shortcuts “Plus+R+dpad” in the game itself, or you could use the "Displayed Lines" and "Vertical Position" options in the menu.

But the horizontal width adjustment can ONLY be made in the menu, using "Preset Width." There's no quick shortcut for that.

This is one of the benefits of this emulator: I have been working on improving this emulator for over a year with Cpasjuste’s, Schlauchi’s, and the users’ help with bug reports on the Vita already. Of course it is not perfect, but a lot of things have been fixed over time already.
Thanks, the quick shortcuts work a charm!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: