ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

Jorsher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this question would be better suited here:

Will this have any benefit for decrypting newer saves?

Since injecting a new header ruins any saves made before injecting the data, the save data is surely bound to the cart ID somehow and likely something else.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No textures, but I managed to view the MK7 Rosalina model:

5xJ1XDU.png

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

For those complaing about speed, this tool uses the same functions that the 3DS normally uses. I tried using Kane's SD card libs which are a modification of libnds and fatfs but they were slower and I couldn't get writing working.

If you want it to be faster:
A) Disable print statements
B) Look into using network socket or IR port (might be faster but idk).

For those who noticed crashing on larger files I believe I know why. The exploit messes up pxi registers (or something like that) which makes the file functions unstable. This might be solved by getting Kane's library to work or by using network or IR port.

In the mean time just dump first half of xor pad and then modify the source to start on the second half and splice the two together.

Please stop messaging me to provide decrypted files or hold your hand through the process. Sorry, but I have other things to do. Thanks.

Reactions: Cyberdrive
D

Deleted-346555

Relys the tool is slow by the way how he's thinked, I'll rewrite it. Also after some time the soft is litterally frozing, I have several ideas in mind about this. I'll do a v2 w/ all that you don't wanted to fix/ add/ re-do for publishing it

Also sorry to all disapointment we made on this tool, I wasen't able to test it before the release(and even now I still can't test by myself, someone's helpin' me for that). I will try to make a v2 as quick as possible. I have several idea in mind for it

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Relys the tool is slow by the way how he's thinked, I'll rewrite it. Also after some time the soft is litterally frozing, I have several ideas in mind about this. I'll do a v2 w/ all that you don't wanted to fix/ add/ re-do for publishing it

Also sorry to all disapointment we made on this tool, I wasen't able to test it before the release(and even now I still can't test by myself, someone's helpin' me for that). I will try to make a v2 as quick as possible. I have several idea in mind for it

What about repacking with zero keys?

Ritchie

Trophies
XP
Country
A workaround if you want to decrypt large roms is to split the ncchinfo.bin into several files, each corresponding to a section of the final xorpad. You can do this with a hex editor by lowering the megabytes count and adding the correct value to the AES-CTR counter. I have uploaded an example at http://pastebin.com/0gPk0iTS

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Same* I am following this thread especially for MK7.
I honnestly brought the 3Ds right at release for zelda but also MK and I never updated it (beside forced update by game) in waiting of the day we could inject custom course on mario kart :3
so any info would be precious , like I seen Ninty keep their old file format like SZS and variant of bmd(?)
It uses szs files, but they contain sarc archives. Bcmdl is used and a kmp format that is mostly the same as the one in mkwii, but just different endianness and a couple of new sections. Kcl is used aswell.

The fact that there's an object named "Poohole" in Super Mario 3D Land just makes me want to be able to view the models MORE. :)

CXVV9RE.png
Those szs files are just narc files.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just a lil thing i have noticed it appears the XL deals with this better than the standard 3DS....think i might have to try another SD card as the spare one im using seems to be pretty slow but it is a class 4, but still testing on both a XL and standard 3ds the XL gets to about 15000000 before crashing and the standard only made it to around 09000000.....same game, same SD card, unless the standard just crashed by chance

D

Deleted-346555

so I'm having issues for trying to use a 8mb spot of memory(yes, 8mb, you're not dreaming(the original soft was using a 4kb spot of memory). If this works then the tool will be way speeder. Tho I can't get it to work for now, so don't let the hype excite you too quickly.

Ok so it seems that I can't use this spot, the AES Engine don't seems to work w/ it ~.~ have to do further tests tho.

ernilos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in order to temporarily alleviate the hour-freeze, I have compiled a series of launchers that start decrypting at a specific MB. The Launchers range from 200MB to 2000MB. If your XORpad freezes at 734MB for example, choose the 700MB launcher and merge the the xorpads appropriately

Would be better a menu from inside the homebrew :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
or if you could just scan the file and continue from where it left off....but anyways switching from a 8GB to a 2GB card seems to of made it faster and more stable....so i guess it doesn't like SDHC cards

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to dump Persona Q (1.79GB). It froze after processing ~710MB first. Then I continued from 700- using launchers pack posted few pages ago.. it dumps 435MB and says 'Done'. I merged it together and have 1135MB xor (romfs is 1834MB).. and basically can't dump any above. using 1100MB starting launcher says 'Done' in seconds creating 0-byte file.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. So another question I have is this: Is it at all possible to decrypt titles downloaded from eShop. Not the scene released, that come packed as 3DS files, but games we download ourselves. In short, I'd like to extract a VC ROM image from an eShop title I bought myself.

Reactions: yuyuyup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU