• Views 1,462,244
  • Replies 844
  • Likes 158

Alex Huynh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when you convert the .3ds file to CIa, u need to move them to your SD card to install? and also change the save file too?

sigboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But, send the ncchinfo.bin, no need game send too. Or need any xorpads for convert?

You need to use the program in the first post (read the instructions) to make a ncchinfo.bin file, then send that file to someone who has either a 3DS on firmware 3.0 or lower, or a 3DS with the A9LH exploit installed. You will receive the xorpads back and can use the program in the first post to make a cia file.

Or you can just install the A9HL exploit your self, but be warned, you need to know how to follow instructions precisely, if you don't follow the instructions you can brick.

when you convert the .3ds file to CIa, u need to move them to your SD card to install? and also change the save file too?

This is answered in the Readme file. The answer is no, read the readme for more information.

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You need to use the program in the first post (read the instructions) to make a ncchinfo.bin file, then send that file to someone who has either a 3DS on firmware 3.0 or lower, or a 3DS with the A9LH exploit installed. You will receive the xorpads back and can use the program in the first post to make a cia file.

Or you can just install the A9HL exploit your self, but be warned, you need to know how to follow instructions precisely, if you don't follow the instructions you can brick.
You don't need a 3.0 3ds or a a9lh 3ds, as decrypt9 was born for 9.0-9-2 consoles

GKGC34

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! @Riku

Thank you for this program.
However It would be nice to make it open source (even if the source is eventually messy).
Plus it would reassure people and me about the AVG alert.
Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by GKGC34,

tiger12071

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because there's no reason not to use it.
Can you add feature to keep Region back, so we can choose if we want Region Free or not ? Because some games may become weird when working with Region Free, example : converted Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX will show required updates like Japan version but the USA version im using as based don't have any updates. This make the update process crash at 99% because there is no updates really existing ( what if USA version got updates later but the game keep point to Japan updates ? ). Also the Region Free converted games may don't work well with custom patches and DLC's for specific regions, example : converted Senran Kagura Burst no longer work with n3DS Unleashed patch to enable clocks speed due to Region changed while that custom patch for USA version only. It isn't like Region Free is bad, but it's may bring some unexpected limit and incompatibility for individual uses.

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe it has been mentioned before, but anyways, this tool also works when you start with (a bunch of) trimmed roms. The resulting CIA file is as big as the CIA file from an untrimmed rom of the same game, so it won't save you extra space on the SD card one installed, but at least you won't have to redump your games when you still have a bunch of trimmed roms sitting somewhere on your Hard Drive (like I have from my past Sky3DS days). :) Playtested it with Batman Arkham Origins - Blackgate (EU)

Or when you have a shortage of space on your HD, you know now that you can trim your collection just as well.

Last edited by retroguy,
Reactions: cearp
D

Deleted User

This tool is superior. I have used this for months. But I'm curious, do you still working on it? Are you planning for more feature? It would be great if region free feature is optional. Thanks @Riku

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Riku Something goes wrong when converting Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (USA release). The resulting cia crashes when trying to start Road to Rio mode. The 3ds file works fine & I have dumped/tested/converted several times over.

Edit: N3DS XL / 10.7 A9LH CFW sysNand / AuReiNand

Same for me, Road to Rio mode crashes o3ds /10.7 RXtools. Maybe we have a bad copy or or the game has something that requires update to fix. I think if it was a new encryption the game would crash from the start

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you add feature to keep Region back, so we can choose if we want Region Free or not ? Because some games may become weird when working with Region Free, example : converted Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX will show required updates like Japan version but the USA version im using as based don't have any updates. This make the update process crash at 99% because there is no updates really existing ( what if USA version got updates later but the game keep point to Japan updates ? ). Also the Region Free converted games may don't work well with custom patches and DLC's for specific regions, example : converted Senran Kagura Burst no longer work with n3DS Unleashed patch to enable clocks speed due to Region changed while that custom patch for USA version only. It isn't like Region Free is bad, but it's may bring some unexpected limit and incompatibility for individual uses.

This. Absolutely this. :)

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He'll never add region lock and he'll get angry if you ask him this. It's been done about 5 times already.

Region lock is stupid, get over it.

It's not stupid when it causes a title to not function 100% as intended. Although I guess the few issues it has aren't enough to make the change. I assume he would add the option if it were a major amount of problems.

Reactions: zoogie

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And maybe he don't give a shit anymore. I'm not spending my time coding this, don't expect any updates.

Same for me, Road to Rio mode crashes o3ds /10.7 RXtools. Maybe we have a bad copy or or the game has something that requires update to fix. I think if it was a new encryption the game would crash from the start
Maybe some sort of in-game anti-piracy check, who knows.

Reactions: cearp

SkyChotik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game I copied asks for an update (when there is no update) because the game version for some reason is 0.0.0.0 when the cartridge is 0.0.1.0?

Can I fix this?

drizztbsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
thank you for your tool.
May I ask you how can it works without the needs of romfs xorpad?
I'd like to "reproduce" it on linux without the needs of wine and I can't find out how to do that without romfs xorpad.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
thank you for your tool.
May I ask you how can it works without the needs of romfs xorpad?
I'd like to "reproduce" it on linux without the needs of wine and I can't find out how to do that without romfs xorpad.

The latest version does not require the user to create the romfs xorpad if you are using windows, but if you use simple cia converter with wine in linux it likes to take a shit and not work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk