• Likes 158

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I rewrote my program, it doesn't need makerom anymore. It should be much more faster now and, hopefully, resolve memory issues. I don't have much time to test it right now so any feedback highly appreciated.

It doesn't work in all your games? Are you sure game you converted have manual? Many early games don't have it. I only tested few and manual worked fine for me... need more feedback.

you implemented the functionality of makerom yourself in your program? very cool :)

Reactions: Margen67

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
how exactly ? a video tutorial would help avoiding such a noob question. :)

He already told a few posts back :)
But here's a short howto:
- Get rxTools and place the "rxTools.dat" file onto your 3DS SD
- Get a 3ds rom and place it in the same folder as the program (for ease of use)
- Generate ncchinfo.bin with the program (Follow instructions)
- Place generated "ncchinfo.bin" on 3DS SD togheter with "slot0x25keyx.bin" (Google it)

So you should have 3 files on your 3DS SD: rxTools.dat - ncchinfo.bin and slotx25keyx.bin

- Put the SD back into your 3DS and boot your 3DS
- Stay in your Sysnand and start your webbrowser
- In your webbrowser go to this url: dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go/?rxTools.dat
- rxTools menu will be shown in a few seconds
- Enter "Decryption Options"
- Enter "Xorpad generation"
- Wait a few seconds and your xorpad(s) will be generated on your SD
- Remove 3DS SD and place the xor file(s) in the same folder as simple cia converter and your 3ds rom
- Get back to the program and convert the 3DS rom (Follow instructions)

That's all
(Correct me if i missed something :P )

Reactions: Margen67 and satel

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I rewrote my program,[...] hopefully, resolve memory issues.
it means it doesn't need 4GB+ or RAM anymore? (I have only 2GB on winXP)

I never tried to convert a ROM to cia (didn't even test creating XORpads yet and never installed cia).
I'll wait for rxTools with MSET exploit to test xorpad creation.

Thank you for that program :)
it would be interesting to release your sources to replace makerom conversion (it could be included in makerom).

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
DjoeN how silly of me i thought this tool did not require a 3ds console to generate the Xorpads !! i think i will stick to the usual 3ds to cia converting tools which i have been using.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it is stuck on rxtools.dat loading. I'm using a new 3DS. I agree a video tut would be most helpful. To copy someone else instead of maybe misreading and getting something wrong.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
generate an sdinfo.bin, so it knows what you want to decrypt
How? I tried clicking the script, dragging the rom onto the script. Nothin. See, I missed an important step. A video would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Although a worded response right now would also be appreciated

Koniq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Wow. I found the same way to make a CIA by just decrypting ExHeader a while ago. I manually created a few and it was successful. But I was too lazy to write a tool. Thank you so much for yours! I actually really love CIAs created this way. Even with the old complicated tool, I do no FW spoofing and Region hack. But I do use ExHeader injection. With the new tool, everything is just perfect for me :yaywii:

Reactions: Margen67

Koniq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I rewrote my program, it doesn't need makerom anymore. It should be much more faster now and, hopefully, resolve memory issues. I don't have much time to test it right now so any feedback highly appreciated.

It doesn't work in all your games? Are you sure game you converted have manual? Many early games don't have it. I only tested few and manual worked fine for me... need more feedback.

This is not the problem of your tool. At least for now, GW haven't implemented region-free feature on manuals of downloaded contents. So manuals of CIAs created without region hack will not open on consoles with a different region. I have verified with hundreds of CIAs on my own JP & TW consoles.

Koniq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Oh by the way, I have a question. How does your tool read & write NCCHs? You know, like the old conversion tool, partition 0, 1, 2 is hardcoded to be thought as CXI, E-Manual and DLP Child respectively. This actually SHOULD be the case according to how 3dbrew documents (http://3dbrew.org/wiki/NCSD). But according to my own experience (of having converted hundreds of CIAs), some ROMs (about 10 or so out of 800) don't obey this rule. Some have E-Manual in partition 2, others may have DLP Child in partition 1. Something like that. I don't remember very clearly. Very interestingly, the old tool ignores them as per how the script is written. So I want to verify this with you. I think if you just iterate through the partitions and preserve the index then everything should be fine. (I actually don't know if the index on CIA really matters.)

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh by the way, I have a question. How does your tool read & write NCCHs? You know, like the old conversion tool, partition 0, 1, 2 is hardcoded to be thought as CXI, E-Manual and DLP Child respectively. This actually SHOULD be the case according to how 3dbrew documents (http://3dbrew.org/wiki/NCSD). But according to my own experience (of having converted hundreds of CIAs), some ROMs (about 10 or so out of 800) don't obey this rule. Some have E-Manual in partition 2, others may have DLP Child in partition 1. Something like that. I don't remember very clearly. Very interestingly, the old tool ignores them as per how the script is written. So I want to verify this with you. I think if you just iterate through the partitions and preserve the index then everything should be fine. (I actually don't know if the index on CIA really matters.)
My program only checks Partition 0 and Partition 1, others are skipped. E-manual can only be stored in Partition 1... that's according to official CTR SDK documentation:
http://i.imgur.com/8ftBL7Y.png
Can you name one of those games with e-manual in wrong partition?

Koniq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
My program only checks Partition 0 and Partition 1, others are skipped. E-manual can only be stored in Partition 1... that's according to official CTR SDK documentation:
http://i.imgur.com/8ftBL7Y.png
Can you name one of those games with e-manual in wrong partition?

I ended up only finding out two with DLP Child in wrong partition. I didn't run through all roms though... (But I'm not quite sure now if there actually is any roms with e-manual in wrong partition. The only thing I'm sure is I did find more than 10 CIAs with e-manual missing using the old conversion tool. But they may not all because of the wrong index.)

One is 0109 - Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl). It has a NCCH in partition 1. But the content type is DLP Child. (Not sure if it is in wrong partition or it has wrong content type)

Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 22.08.03.png

The other one is 0251 - Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (USA) (En,Fr,Es). It has DLP Child in partition 3 instead of 2.

Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 22.08.30.png

But since you don't care about DLP Child, these two won't cause any problems. Will you support download play though? (I hope you will ; )

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up only finding out two with DLP Child in wrong partition. I didn't run through all roms though... (But I'm not quite sure now if there actually is any roms with e-manual in wrong partition. The only thing I'm sure is I did find more than 10 CIAs with e-manual missing using the old conversion tool. But they may not all because of the wrong index.)
Well, first Mario&Sonic game looks fine to me. Partition 1 have title id 0005000000054800 along with code CTR-P-CTAP, which makes me believe it's actually e-manual and not DPC.
Can't say what's wrong with your other game, though. It may be some sort of uncommon and rarely used 'special' DPC. Anyway, I'm pretty sure 3DS itself can only detect e-manual inside partition1 in *.3ds/cci/cartridge games.
But since you don't care about DLP Child, these two won't cause any problems. Will you support download play though? (I hope you will ; )
I'm not planning on adding Download Play support, sorry... especially after seeing that weird one in 3rd partition on your screenshot. :unsure:

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
A question... its so hard than u implement region free and firmware spoofing? i like this tool very much but i want play some japanese games and other tools dont works to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT