Homebrew RELEASE reicast [Dreamcast emulator] for Switch/Horizon [Alpha]

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Of course :P I play this game at least twice a year if not more lol Sonic just doesnt want to follow those damn rings :P
Haha, just asking. Was wondering if you were getting SA2 mixed up with SA1. lol

It is strange though... I'll try myself later.

ChrisGoesPewPew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anybody has reported it, though I'm sure someone has. I've started testing it out on Sonic Adventure, which runs pretty well, but I've noticed that in cutscenes the first subtitle message that pops up is the one that it shows every time someone speaks. Rather humorous lol. Great work on this project, thanks!

Edit: I just glanced through and people have mentioned it. Just wanted to get a report in :). Also I'm not new to gbatemp per say but I haven't used my other account for ages and couldn't remember the password nor email so decided to start fresh. I do frequently lurk here though and I'm active on Reddit.

Last edited by ChrisGoesPewPew,

Rikuddo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So, if anyone is still having trouble running the emulator, here's how I solved mine.

1. Put reicast.nro in Switch folder
2. Make a 'reicast' folder in the main SD card folder.
3. Make a 'data' folder in the reicast folder that you just created.

Now You need Dreamcast BIOS files, just search 'dreamcast BIOS' in google and download those two files from any site.

4. Put those two files (dc_boot.bin AND dc_flash.bin) in data folder.
5. Now make another folder in reicast, called Games
6. Put all your ROMS in Games folder.

---------------------------

7. At main Switch screen launch any game while holding R trigger and it will end up on your homebrew menu.
8. Now launch reicast app and go to settings (B button is select button in reicast and A is back).
7. Go to settings and select your Games directory as default 'Content Location' (second last option under General menu)
8. Now when you select Done, it will show you all the ROMS which you can play.
The (-)minus button is your menu button while inside the game.

Hope it helps you. Took me a while to figure it out.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very exciting to see a Dreamcast emulator being fine tuned for the Switch, once this is running well I will try it out and get this loaded onto my Switch. The thought of being able to play JSR and Sonic Adventure on the go would be awesome

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tried PSO yet? I'm currently at work, and this news got me so hyped!
Someone tried it in the thread earlier. Keyboard Characters didn't seem to function properly, and they didn't mention anything about actually getting in-game, but based on their pictures, they at least got it booted and running in character creator. I'm equally excited about the thoughts of playing PSO on the go. Maybe Reicast will properly support multiplayer and we could use PSO to play on private servers. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: ErnieBall

RyoHazuki123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Reicast is crashing at Sonic Adventure when loading station square and Shenmue crashes at the intro when ryo is going to the dojo.
I thought Shenmue 2 wouldn't work but it actually did (really laggy tho).
Is it crashing because of the emulator being alpha or could it be a bad backup?

EDIT: I tried another micro SD and with atmosphere (i mainly use sxos) and the same thing happened, i've been reading your comments and it seems to work to everyone.

Last edited by RyoHazuki123,

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone tried it in the thread earlier. Keyboard Characters didn't seem to function properly, and they didn't mention anything about actually getting in-game, but based on their pictures, they at least got it booted and running in character creator. I'm equally excited about the thoughts of playing PSO on the go. Maybe Reicast will properly support multiplayer and we could use PSO to play on private servers. Fingers crossed.
Wow that would be truly awesome.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reicast is crashing at Sonic Adventure when loading station square and Shenmue crashes at the intro when ryo is going to the dojo.

EDIT: I tried another micro SD and with atmosphere (i mainly use sxos) and the same thing happened, i've been reading your comments and it seems to work to everyone.

Start a Switch game up and hold R to get into homebrew. Then start the emulator and try again.

ChrisGoesPewPew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So far I've only loaded into Sonic Adventure, beaten Chaos 0, and played through Stage 1 but it was damn near perfect for me. Obviously doing so loaded into Station Square a few different times. Your issue may be with the rom you grabbed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44