• Nope, no care about that

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • No, but i will do it one day

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Yes, on rednand and it works !

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand and it works !

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand AND rednand and it works !

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nope, i bricked my rednand

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Nope, i bricked my Wii U

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm worried how this will affect us down the line, when it comes to system updates and such or accessing Eshop, and getting game updates. I'm pretty sure you'd have to wup install game updates for out of region games.

I'm gonna sit this one out for now as I don't need out of region games at the moment.
It has been almost a year since the last WiiU Update. Plus Nintendo already announced it will be stopping WiiU production soon

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1436/~/system-menu-update-history

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wupclient.py just closes when i try to open it, and the command python via cmd gives me an error saying that "this is not a command".
Noob in python here, someone can help?

I am following this guide.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Edit: dooohh I put 191 in not 119 can that be fixed do you know?
This is the reason RedNAND exists, prevent bricking sysNAND by doing typo in system file edition.

You have the chance you bricked only your redNAND.
I hope nobody will brick because it's easy to do something bad on real NAND with WUP Server.
even a bad text editor could cause issue (ansi/utf8 BOM header, etc)

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there's a way to download one of the games folders with the wupclient from your console? NES Remix Pack is one of the games that dont work even when console is region free, so it needs one of it's folders renamed to work on a european system! =/

Same here. It's really the only game I want from another region! :P

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the reason RedNAND exists, prevent bricking sysNAND by doing typo in system file edition.

You have the chance you bricked only your redNAND.
I hope nobody will brick because it's easy to do something bad on real NAND with WUP Server.
even a bad text editor could cause issue (ansi/utf8 BOM header, etc)
I have had to actually redo my Rednand again from scratch I never made a back up either and I was thinking luckily just what you mentioned. I could of gone and made this costly mistake in Systemnand, everyone should learn from my mistake please make sure you double check your 119 region code because if you did this in systemnand with wupserver I think it would brick your wiiu the same as it did for my Rednand and there would be no going back.

Last edited by Reecey,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It has been almost a year since the last WiiU Update. Plus Nintendo already announced it will be stopping WiiU production soon

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1436/~/system-menu-update-history
Just because production is ending is no indication that a update won't come out the Nintendo dsi was out of production for over two years when the last update for it was brought out so that means nothing. And it's widely believed that the wiiu will get a update in March just in time for the new zelda game.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

soulkyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen people asking if they can install EUR DLC to a USA game, is that a possibility now? For me it seems not possible.

Just because production is ending is no indication that a update won't come out the Nintendo dsi was out of production for over two years when the last update for it was brought out so that means nothing. And it's widely believed that the wiiu will get a update in March just in time for the new zelda game.

Yeah, that's true, PS3 just received an update weeks ago, PS3!

Last edited by soulkyo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: how many girlfriends is too many