Hacking (Region free) Game updates in .CIA (I want to make them)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
BigBlueBox has dumped 1.2 version which is on JP eshop, but it's updatable through application and the latest one is 1.3.1. I tried to update before but I can't :(

through the application, aha, ok thanks, i didn't think to look in that...
why can't all updates me the same on the shop, the 'press Y' notification is a nice way i think...

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Go to the guild area, its the blue icon.

There are 3 menu options.

Single player (offline)
Multi (offline)
Multi (online)

So choose the 3rd.

Then you are shown another 3 options.

Create room
Search rooms
Friends list

So choose 2.

Then you can see everyone playing. Press Y here to refresh lists.

Heres a quick image guide to menus:
http://www.aegil.net/mh4/menu.html

Also this website is insanely helpful for your MH4G needs. BOOKMARK THAT SHIT YO.

http://translate.aegil.net/

Yeah without Aegil I wouldn't even got past High Rank thank god for this dude. Anyway I don't need to do no hackery trickery thing to my ROM or 3DS? Just connect to wifi and play? Thank you btw.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok i got the 1.3.1 update :) i'll process it later today
here is a problem for something - if i CAN'T see the title id or serial (using 3ds.essh.co etc), how would i know which game is which?

for the updates i need to know which title id is what. if this was not dumped by bluebox before, i would not know what to look for...

Reactions: I pwned U!

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yeah without Aegil I wouldn't even got past High Rank thank god for this dude. Anyway I don't need to do no hackery trickery thing to my ROM or 3DS? Just connect to wifi and play? Thank you btw.

there might soon be another update, where the update is REQUIRED, so it would be good for you to be able to get the updates in future :) although you are ok now

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
there might soon be another update, where the update is REQUIRED, so it would be good for you to be able to get the updates in future :) although you are ok now

Could you please write a simple guide to dumping patches for us?
it's not ridiculously simple right now, it cannot be automated i'm pretty sure, you have to do some work specific to each update which is annoying, i can share the guide friendsxix wrote me if i get permission, of course i can rewrite it myself but i would rather do this when i refine the process further.
to do it neatly, you have to find the internal version number of the update (v1.1 of a game might be 2.4.0) - you can find this through the devmenu when you select the update in it, but it would be best to be able to read that number through tools, if possible. i don't want to have to manually write down 120+ numbers like that.
you get the XORed file from the xorpad and the app file and you run it through makerom and output it a a cia

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
it's not ridiculously simple right now, it cannot be automated i'm pretty sure, you have to do some work specific to each update which is annoying, i can share the guide friendsxix wrote me if i get permission, of course i can rewrite it myself but i would rather do this when i refine the process further.
to do it neatly, you have to find the internal version number of the update (v1.1 of a game might be 2.4.0) - you can find this through the devmenu when you select the update in it, but it would be best to be able to read that number through tools, if possible. i don't want to have to manually write down 120+ numbers like that.
you get the XORed file from the xorpad and the app file and you run it through makerom and output it a a cia

Thank you for answering.
So encrypted .app->installable .cia is not quite hard, but figuring out version numbers must be done by hand, am I right?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Thank you for answering.
So encrypted .app->installable .cia is not quite hard, but figuring out version numbers must be done by hand, am I right?

yes, from what friendsxix told me, the version number is not needed OR- not needed to be accurate, not too sure.
it's needed so that, it can check if there is a new update for the game. for example, if you set it as 9.9.9, a new update would not download or something.
or, if you set the v1.1 update of a game version as 0.0.0 (if possible), it would still prompt to update to 1.1 (when connected to the internet)
just an annoyance really, it's not needed.

but what i want to know, to automate this as much as possible, is getting the internal update version and actual update version, and title name from the .app file, XORd, not XORd, whatever. i don't want to have to keep track of stuff my hand :) i just now ordered a 32gb sd card so i can dump ALL the jp updates, i want to make it as simple as possible for myself

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country

Well it has to be a 3DZ rom. To play online you need the rom patched with an online header.
But yeah that's all you need.

If your rom is .3DS then im sorry dude you cant go online. Even worse, you cant transfer your save to a .3DZ rom patched to go online. You will have to start from scratch :ohnoes:

IF you try booting a .3DZ of a game it will erase your .3DS save so backup your MH4G save before you do anything!

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, from what friendsxix told me, the version number is not needed OR- not needed to be accurate, not too sure.
it's needed so that, it can check if there is a new update for the game. for example, if you set it as 9.9.9, a new update would not download or something.
or, if you set the v1.1 update of a game version as 0.0.0 (if possible), it would still prompt to update to 1.1 (when connected to the internet)
just an annoyance really, it's not needed.

but what i want to know, to automate this as much as possible, is getting the internal update version and actual update version, and title name from the .app file, XORd, not XORd, whatever. i don't want to have to keep track of stuff my hand :) i just now ordered a 32gb sd card so i can dump ALL the jp updates, i want to make it as simple as possible for myself

So setting the version number would remove the annoying update notifications? If so I'll try messing around with it

Also while I'm here, can I request senran kagura 2 update

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Have you started uploading these?

Can you PM me a link to whatever site?

i have 2 updates in cia format, i will be doing the flipnote 1.3.1 and maybe the medabots ones if i am feeling extra nice :)
i will do them all when i get my big sd card, but for now just a few...

So setting the version number would remove the annoying update notifications? If so I'll try messing around with it

Also while I'm here, can I request senran kagura 2 update
you will not have to worry about setting the version number because the if you have the update, you will not be prompted for the update, i'm pretty sure.
ok i'll try to get your update :)

Reactions: descac

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
i have 2 updates in cia format, i will be doing the flipnote 1.3.1 and maybe the medabots ones if i am feeling extra nice :)
i will do them all when i get my big sd card, but for now just a few...

you will not have to worry about setting the version number because the if you have the update, you will not be prompted for the update, i'm pretty sure.
ok i'll try to get your update :)
I have Pokemon X update 1.3 converted and installed as cia but the 3DS still gives me update notifications on the menu. Once inside the game, it recognises the updates. All I want to do is remove that silly update notification :D

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have Pokemon X update 1.3 converted and installed as cia but the 3DS still gives me update notifications on the menu. Once inside the game, it recognises the updates. All I want to do is remove that silly update notification :D

oooh... maybe in the home menu the cia cannot be 'read' or something, so it doesn't know it's installed. but yeah, in the game it loads...
no idea how to fix that, maybe if you bundle the update in with the game, which is possible i read.
maybe it's because you installed the pokemon game as a cia, i really have no idea

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
oooh... maybe in the home menu the cia cannot be 'read' or something, so it doesn't know it's installed. but yeah, in the game it loads...
no idea how to fix that, maybe if you bundle the update in with the game, which is possible i read.
maybe it's because you installed the pokemon game as a cia, i really have no idea
The 3DS thinks the version update is 0.0.0
I just managed to get it to read it as version 1.0.0 but forgot what command I did :(
In DevMenu, eshop update is recognised as 3.5.0

Reactions: cearp

jkoodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if you can plz mh4g and dragon ball heroes 2 update
i know mh4g can be played online without update
but they said there is some tweek in the update

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
Got it to read as version 3 now :D I'll see if I can bump it up

Edit: too much bumping, it went to version 30... woops
on the bright side, the 3DS doesn't bug me about software notifications

Edit2: I think I got it this time, just gonna reload it

Edit3: Got it working :D

ZY1YNGx.jpg

cearp seems I can't pm you :(

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Normaly when installing stuff from eshop, it makes entries inside import.db/title.db located on your sd card, same as putting the icon on 3ds desktop.

Reactions: Margen67 and tjexp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative