Status
Not open for further replies.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TobiasAmaranth said:
Alright guys, I think tossing a few treats your way would be nice. You'll need to use WiiScrubber to give these a playthrough. (Replace 1-01 - 1-03 in the retail game.) Treeki mentioned that we've been working on a few levels to stress test Reggie. These are the ones I have been making.

1-01 - Originally Nintendo's 2-Coin, but with an unused underground area added in. The entrance is a little further down than in NES 1-1 so that you don't skip most of the level. Adjustments were made to make the level more enjoyable for a single-player experience instead of just Coin Battle.

1-02 - Underground was created fully from scratch, and then Treeki added in the above-ground using the original 1-02 as a base. The level is based on NES 1-2. See if you can find all of the secrets.

1-03 - Using 1-05 as a base, I recreated NES 1-3 using a mix of mushrooms and cliffs. In addition to the three star coins, there's a secret exit here.

Treeki also did a level that showcases some clever ways to make stages reminiscent of Yoshi's Island. I'll let him post that one, though.

Here's some technical talk about my levels.

--Event Controllers Used--
1-01 - 38 - Location Based (May require enemies to be beaten), 43 - Orange ? Switch in a Brick Block.
1-02 - 38 - Location Based (May require enemies to be beaten), 32 - Star Coin (Collection of), 37 - Chainer (If X, then do Y), 156 - Red Coin Ring
1-03 - 33 - Location Based (May require standing on something to activate), Zone Enter (When you enter the zone, this goes off), 37 - Chainer ("If X, then do Y"), 34 - Conditional (If X AND Y, do Z), 39 - Multi-Chainer (If X, then do Y THROUGH Z)

--Events Used--
1-01 - 191 - Tile God (Create), 149 - Rotation Controller - Spinning
1-02 - 191 - Tile God (Create, Destroy), 149 - Rotation Controller - Spinning, 144 - Red Coin
1-03 - 191 - Tile God (Create, Destroy), 149 - Rotation Controller - Spinning

Out of curiosity, do you still have the arc file for your original 1-3 with the mushrooms & cliffs?
I noticed that the new file has the same filename on your site, so the link was essentially replaced.
Just was curious to play through that one if you still had it.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
aml435 said:
Out of curiosity, do you still have the arc file for your original 1-3 with the mushrooms & cliffs?
I noticed that the new file has the same filename on your site, so the link was essentially replaced.
I have them...
Here: ZIP file of all 3 original versions - MediaFire

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's strange. The second batch of 4 levels work fine when inserted into the game, but when I injected these 3, I get a black screen when I load my game.

I'd heard about this happening earlier in the thread, but never ran into it myself before.

Unusual that the second batch don't cause this.

And "Thanks!" to jceggbert5 for posting the files again. I almost forgot to add that.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
aml435 said:
I have them...
Here: ZIP file of all 3 original versions - MediaFire
i remeber playing speedy eggbert 1 and 2....they were fun and you got to create levels...im suprised your the only one who knows about it

jceggbert5

Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
i remeber playing speedy eggbert 1 and 2....they were fun and you got to create levels...im suprised your the only one who knows about it
That's part of where I got my name
biggrin.gif

JC: Initials
EggBert: Speedy Eggbert
5: Random #

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason when I injected all 3 of the original versions of the modded levels, my game would freeze in usb loader, but when I injected the original 1-3 with the updated 1-1, 1-2, & 1-4 it loads fine. Weird.

The original Mushroom Cliffs version of 1-3 is awesome by the way. It feels more natural to me than using the standard terrain.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used wiiscruber, on NSMB PAL, and tried them.
It was nice
smile.gif

TobiasAmaranth said:
See if you can find all of the secrets.
How do we now we found them all ? I found many things.

1-2
- I think I missed the star coin group.
- When going up to the roof, at the right of the 2 red block, there like a stair, but we can see anything. I don't know if there something to find here.
- One thing though, on the world1 map I've a hidden toad to rescue on level1-2, but when playing the level, I don't find him. I think it's not inside the level, right ?
it must miss the "possible hidden toad block"

1-3
I found the secret exit.
a Little difficult to jump to top plateform when we are down. I think it's what you tried to make, so it's working
tongue.gif

1-4
- I replaced it over level/1-4.arc, it wasn't the castle, but the 1-4 on the map : the one after the castle.
maybe you should rename it with the castle filename so we know which one we have to replace to get the castle level, as it's a castle-like map with a boss.

jceggbert5

Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
TobiasAmaranth said:
Update time!!! Including a new level!

1-01 - Minor tweak to Area 1, trying to fix the background's height.

1-02 - No real changes.

1-03 - Switched to regular terrain. Did not test the new content yet, let me know if there are any bugs.

1-04 - No comment, I'll let you guys experience this one yourselves.
biggrin.gif
Did the best I could with the limitations of certain features.

Mirror of all 4:
Zip file of all 4 - MediaFire

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Really looking forward to being able to make my own NSMBWii levels, I'd like to play these levels while I wait, but how do you use the .arc files, can it be done with an SD card?

Fran EGL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It doesn't work for me. I'm using a NSMBW NTSC Fix version, and when it has to show the map, the screen went black. I can't press HOME button.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
jceggbert5 said:
Fran EGL said:
It doesn't work for me. I'm using a NSMBW NTSC Fix version, and when it has to show the map, the screen went black. I can't press HOME button.
Me too... o.O
WiiScrubber fucks up the iso sometimes. Delete it and try to insert just one stage...

But, Reggie isn't and won't be really compatible with USB loading and stuff like that. For example, you won't be able to get the custom stage to load _at all_ if it's bigger than the original one. You will have to use special Dolphin mod or the Homebrew App.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skawo, that file size limitation of the arc is only with the dolphin program we use - a special build for testing. If you scrub a level arc into the iso, It *SHOULD* work (as long as wii scrubber never effed up). When it is scrubbed in size of the arc is irreverent and should work, no limitations.

The problem, once again, is wii scrubber, try with a fresh iso.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The release is getting a bit out of control. Creator suffers from perfectionism IMHO. It's like MTA: San Andreas. It took 3 years to develop and 3 years long they said "it will be released SOON" time after time. Just release it, it's software that's supposed to hack the game. People don't expect quality comparable to 3DstudioMax or Firefox.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laurenz said:
The release is getting a bit out of control. Creator suffers from perfectionism IMHO. It's like MTA: San Andreas. It took 3 years to develop and 3 years long they said "it will be released SOON" time after time. Just release it, it's software that's supposed to hack the game. People don't expect quality comparable to 3DstudioMax or Firefox.

Quality is better than crap. Imo, I'm glad he's fine tuning it and making it perfect for release.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Pop006 said:
Skawo, that file size limitation of the arc is only with the dolphin program we use - a special build for testing. If you scrub a level arc into the iso, It *SHOULD* work (as long as wii scrubber never effed up). When it is scrubbed in size of the arc is irreverent and should work, no limitations.

The problem, once again, is wii scrubber, try with a fresh iso.

I did, many times.

QUOTEThe release is getting a bit out of control. Creator suffers from perfectionism IMHO. It's like MTA: San Andreas. It took 3 years to develop and 3 years long they said "it will be released SOON" time after time. Just release it, it's software that's supposed to hack the game. People don't expect quality comparable to 3DstudioMax or Firefox.

Dude, do you honestly want to have Sprites with "Unknown Flags" and "Unknown values" and only partially working way to play the stages you made?

It's coming, it's getting completed. I know how you guys feel, but just wait.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
laurenz said:
It's been less than 2 months since it was announced. Yes, I'm a perfectionist - but I also cannot spend all my time working on Reggie. I'm a 15 year old kid who is working on this in his free time. I wanted to release it for New Years, but I was held back by several bugs.

To give you an idea about the size of this project: there are over 7,200 lines of code in my current copy of the editor. The download is 12mb. I can't just flip a switch and suddenly make a good, user-friendly editor.

I cannot release it now because the main editor isn't complete (waiting on the code for one large feature from Tempus) and a few other required things (outside my control) are not ready.

I do want it to be released as much as (or even more than) you guys, but I'm not going to post a buggy, unfinished release without the stuff that's supposed to accompany it. I feel bad about not having been able to release Reggie for New Years; but I have no choice.

And even though we can't release it yet, we're all working hard on making it even better (discovering unused features in the game, adding more editing functionality, etc). The latest feature I've been working on is improved display for sprites - instead of just being tiny blocks, now some sprites are shown using their true size (even for those which are resizable using the sprite properties).

Some sprites will also have images. Moving platforms will show the line they'll follow and how far they'll travel. I only just started on coding this feature in last night, but it's going to be a very helpful editing feature (and also take out a lot of guesswork).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM