Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Treeki said:
laurenz said:
The release is getting a bit out of control. Creator suffers from perfectionism IMHO. It's like MTA: San Andreas. It took 3 years to develop and 3 years long they said "it will be released SOON" time after time. Just release it, it's software that's supposed to hack the game. People don't expect quality comparable to 3DstudioMax or Firefox.
It's been less than 2 months since it was announced. Yes, I'm a perfectionist - but I also cannot spend all my time working on Reggie. I'm a 15 year old kid who is working on this in his free time. I wanted to release it for New Years, but I was held back by several bugs.

To give you an idea about the size of this project: there are over 7,200 lines of code in my current copy of the editor. The download is 12mb. I can't just flip a switch and suddenly make a good, user-friendly editor.

I cannot release it now because the main editor isn't complete (waiting on the code for one large feature from Tempus) and a few other required things (outside my control) are not ready.

I do want it to be released as much as (or even more than) you guys, but I'm not going to post a buggy, unfinished release without the stuff that's supposed to accompany it. I feel bad about not having been able to release Reggie for New Years; but I have no choice.

And even though we can't release it yet, we're all working hard on making it even better (discovering unused features in the game, adding more editing functionality, etc). The latest feature I've been working on is improved display for sprites - instead of just being tiny blocks, now some sprites are shown using their true size (even for those which are resizable using the sprite properties).

Some sprites will also have images. Moving platforms will show the line they'll follow and how far they'll travel. I only just started on coding this feature in last night, but it's going to be a very helpful editing feature (and also take out a lot of guesswork).

It's a positive feedback loop. More features = more possible bugs = more time to find more features. I honestly don't think anyone will complain if you release the current version. Obviously you can always update with bugfixes and new features.

Well aside that I think you're doing a greet job
gbasp.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Treeki, take your time and don't overwork yourself. your 15 and seem to be more man than some 30yo...

all my respect goes to you and your great work.
btw, what are you going to be when you're grown up ? ^^

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
I'm a 15 year old kid who is working on this in his free time. I wanted to release it for New Years, but I was held back by several bugs.
Wow, I applaud you. You're certainly accomplishing more than I did when I was fifteen.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
treeki, question on your sd loading method.. how will the sd supprot be? can this support SDHC cards ( 4 gigs and up? ) and if so, why cant this be applied to smash brothers for the brawl plus hack to allow for bigger memory cards to be read from, where the game already has sd code in it, while mario doesnt)

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laurenz said:
Treeki said:
laurenz said:
The release is getting a bit out of control. Creator suffers from perfectionism IMHO. It's like MTA: San Andreas. It took 3 years to develop and 3 years long they said "it will be released SOON" time after time. Just release it, it's software that's supposed to hack the game. People don't expect quality comparable to 3DstudioMax or Firefox.
It's been less than 2 months since it was announced. Yes, I'm a perfectionist - but I also cannot spend all my time working on Reggie. I'm a 15 year old kid who is working on this in his free time. I wanted to release it for New Years, but I was held back by several bugs.

To give you an idea about the size of this project: there are over 7,200 lines of code in my current copy of the editor. The download is 12mb. I can't just flip a switch and suddenly make a good, user-friendly editor.

I cannot release it now because the main editor isn't complete (waiting on the code for one large feature from Tempus) and a few other required things (outside my control) are not ready.

I do want it to be released as much as (or even more than) you guys, but I'm not going to post a buggy, unfinished release without the stuff that's supposed to accompany it. I feel bad about not having been able to release Reggie for New Years; but I have no choice.

And even though we can't release it yet, we're all working hard on making it even better (discovering unused features in the game, adding more editing functionality, etc). The latest feature I've been working on is improved display for sprites - instead of just being tiny blocks, now some sprites are shown using their true size (even for those which are resizable using the sprite properties).

Some sprites will also have images. Moving platforms will show the line they'll follow and how far they'll travel. I only just started on coding this feature in last night, but it's going to be a very helpful editing feature (and also take out a lot of guesswork).

It's a positive feedback loop. More features = more possible bugs = more time to find more features. I honestly don't think anyone will complain if you release the current version. Obviously you can always update with bugfixes and new features.

Well aside that I think you're doing a greet job
gbasp.gif

he hasnt released it as he already stated because of some other things that need to be completed by other devs. the extra features that are being added are just icing on the cake. you should be thankful hes even spending the time to add these features in the mean time.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
GolfDude said:
treeki, question on your sd loading method.. how will the sd supprot be? can this support SDHC cards ( 4 gigs and up? ) and if so, why cant this be applied to smash brothers for the brawl plus hack to allow for bigger memory cards to be read from, where the game already has sd code in it, while mario doesnt)
If the solution that they are working on is TranslatIOS, it will support all games (dunno about SDHC tho).

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know you guys aren't seeing this program progress from one state to the next, but TRUST ME when I say this will totally be worth the wait...

I was helping Treeki tonight with adding images for some of the platforms and larger ingame items. Before they required quite an extensive amount of testing to get just right, but already what Treeki has done with them is simply amazing. Once I get my hands on the 'images included' version of Reggie!, I will see if I can post some before/after pictures of some levels just so you can see
smile.gif

goyouwii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
TranslatIOS is indeed a universal program, but in the raw data level, rather than the file system level redirection file is very painful.(waninkoko make code about SDHC IOS Module)

tooquick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just keep up the good work guys, just like everyone else I can't wait for this to come out, but this is very hard work and they are not getting paid for it so, I want to say thanks and again keep up the good work.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Pop006 said:
I know you guys aren't seeing this program progress from one state to the next, but TRUST ME when I say this will totally be worth the wait...

I was helping Treeki tonight with adding images for some of the platforms and larger ingame items. Before they required quite an extensive amount of testing to get just right, but already what Treeki has done with them is simply amazing. Once I get my hands on the 'images included' version of Reggie!, I will see if I can post some before/after pictures of some levels just so you can see
smile.gif
Linked because of huge images: http://treeki.shacknet.nu/shrooms2.png http://treeki.shacknet.nu/9-3.png

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
Pop006 said:

smile.gif
Linked because of huge images: http://treeki.shacknet.nu/shrooms2.png http://treeki.shacknet.nu/9-3.png
Sweet! I especially like the second one...
edit: Question, is the dot at the end of the line where the middle of the platform will stop or where the edge will?

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Treeki said:
Moving platforms will show the line they'll follow and how far they'll travel. I only just started on coding this feature in last night, but it's going to be a very helpful editing feature (and also take out a lot of guesswork).

Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding this feature. I found it kinda tricky working with moving platforms in the NSMB DS editor, this feature is so needed and so awesome. Thank you again!

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[/quote]
edit: Question, is the dot at the end of the line where the middle of the platform will stop or where the edge will?
[/quote]

The dot is where the middle of the platform will stop. The platform that moves up and down and has the dot above the center of it serves as proof of this. Also them platforms lengths are easily changed, so the dot moving around would be confusing.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Pop006 said:
QUOTE said:

The dot is where the middle of the platform will stop. The platform that moves up and down and has the dot above the center of it serves as proof of this. Also them platforms lengths are easily changed, so the dot moving around would be confusing.
You're wrong
tongue.gif
I guess I should change that part then..

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
treek, can you give an answer on myquestion about the level loading system, if it supports sdhc cards or just plain sd cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi