Hacking Reggie Help Needed- NSMB level editor

Smiffyland

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Firstly sorry for the re-post. I read the title and realised it sounded like I was offering help not asking for it.

I'm having a few problems with game files I'm creating in Reggie. I've been editing all the original NSMB levels to include Yoshi (except the levels where Yoshi would be useless). I've been using only standard tilesets and am just replacing a few blocks to produce Yoshi's. The problem occurs when I load any file to my iso. I can play that level in Dolphin but it only shows a black screen (after character choice) on the wii. I believe this has something to do with the wii checking the fst.bin file (not really sure though - I heard a rumour it had something to do with the ability to rescue toad; but I never touch the block he's hiding in). I've previously downloaded and added, successfully, files others have made. I'm sure I'm making a noob error but I can't work out what that may be.
I'm using the latest Reggie and WiiScrubber and have even tried pating the file with wit tools (not sure if that patches fst or not but thought it was worth a try).

Many thanks in advance

Smiffyland

Smiffyland

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem solved - I've stopped using Wii Scrubber altogether. I'm now solely using Wii Fusion (wit tools GUI) to build my wbfs (or ISO; but as I've discontinued use of Wii Scrubber I don't need ISO any more). This has solved the problem. I'm guessing Wii Scrubber was not re-parsing correctly. I imagine I was doing something stupid - but I'm not going to worry myself about that now.
NSMB Yoshi can now be tested on a console as oppose to Dolphin :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(