Hardware Regarding DSi to 3DS Transfer Tool

shadowprince116

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a DSi with a copy of Four Swords Anniversary installed, is it possible to move it to my 3DS without losing any data currently on my 3DS?

I know that this happens when performing a "Full Transfer", but there's also an option for a "Custom Transfer" which I believe can transfer a single game. From what I've read you don't lose anything but it's not perfectly clear.

Can anyone confirm if I lose anything on my 3DS by performing a "Custom Transfer", eg. Mii Data, Streetpass Data, eStore purchases, Photos?

There's no custom firmware installed on the 3DS.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a DSi with a copy of Four Swords Anniversary installed, is it possible to move it to my 3DS without losing any data currently on my 3DS?

I know that this happens when performing a "Full Transfer", but there's also an option for a "Custom Transfer" which I believe can transfer a single game. From what I've read you don't lose anything but it's not perfectly clear.

Can anyone confirm if I lose anything on my 3DS by performing a "Custom Transfer", eg. Mii Data, Streetpass Data, eStore purchases, Photos?

There's no custom firmware installed on the 3DS.
You don't need 4swords to do arm8loaderhax anymore.

If you want 4swords on your 3ds just follow 3ds.guide and install it with freeshop. Then you can have the game on both devices.

shadowprince116

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need 4swords to do arm8loaderhax anymore.

If you want 4swords on your 3ds just follow 3ds.guide and install it with freeshop. Then you can have the game on both devices.

I'm not interested in custom firmware for the 3DS at all, I just wanna know if I can move it from the DSi to 3DS without losing anything, haha.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not interested in custom firmware for the 3DS at all, I just wanna know if I can move it from the DSi to 3DS without losing anything, haha.
No it's not possible, sadly.

It's only possible with cfw.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to be as confused as me now
Before the other poster said otherwise, I was completely sure that it would wipe everything.

Go to the option in the 3ds settings and see what it says. It will warn you if it will delete everything (which I'm pretty sure it will). If it will delete everything, just tap no/cancel.

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that photo and sound on your 3ds could be overwritten. I watched multiple videos and dsi to 3ds and their apps remained intact. You can watched them and judge for yourself.

3DS to 3DS transfer will have data deleted. DSI to 3DS is a bit different. you can check the disclaimer in settings DSI to 3DS. What we need is an user to confirm this. I can't find my old DSI but if I do I'll do a custom transfer(just photos don't have dsi games) to confirm this.

EDIT: Just found it give 20 mins. I'll confirm this.

Last edited by Meliodas2255,

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I was right. My games still intact. It turned out that I had a few dsiware that I was able to transfer and @x65943 none of my 3ds got deleted.
Awesome, thanks for figuring this out. Sorry to mislead you OP.

shadowprince116

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, I was right. My games still intact. It turned out that I had a few dsiware that I was able to transfer and @x65943 none of my 3ds got deleted.

Cheers, you're awesome! Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your help here.

Awesome, thanks for figuring this out. Sorry to mislead you OP.

No problem, sounds like we both learned something today :3

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat