Hacking RedNAND or SysNAND CFW?

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I plan to hack my Wii U but I'm hesitating between SysNAND CFW and RedNAND.

My HDD is kinda old so it may be corrupted easily then I don't wanna take risks... How to move everything from RedNAND to SysNAND (if I wanna use SysNAND someday)?

Thanks.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't bother with redNAND or Mocha. Use HaxChi CFW instead. Easiest best hassel-free method IMHO and you won't get redNAND corruption later on like many users have posted.

If you want a more thorough description of why I recommend against rednand read my guide.

Last edited by Kafluke,
Reactions: Samwix

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't bother with redNAND or Mocha. Use HaxChi CFW instead. Easiest best hassel-free method IMHO and you won't get redNAND corruption later on like many users have posted.

If you want a more thorough description of why I recommend against rednand read my guide.
Thanks but setting up SysNAND looks really easy...
The main thing is that I don't wanna brick my SysNAND since I've an old HDD for my backups

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet Plailect's official Wii U hacking guide forces you to use RedNAND, and we completely accept that as the main guide. Because the Wii U senate says so, aka mods of communities.

You'd have to be foreign, trying to read an English guide to ever brick a Wii U. Not even, it's just difficult unless you were truly being experimental and you knew it. By all means, guides exist for a reason, you aren't completely clueless and retarded while doing wii u hacks.

Also it's not "Hacking" in a permanent way, it's just a matter of launching exploits. The system always remains stock in the end. I tend to see users think that their wii u magically isn't vanilla, or that you "install" CFW

Last edited by MattKimura,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet Plailect's official Wii U hacking guide forces you to use RedNAND, and we completely accept that as the main guide.

You'd have to be foreign, trying to read an English guide to ever brick a Wii U. Not even, it's just difficult unless you were truly being experimental and you knew it. By all means, guides exist for a reason, you aren't completely clueless and retarded while doing wii u hacks.

Also it's not "Hacking" in a permanent way, it's just a matter of launching exploits. The system always remains stock in the end.

that's the way I've always written guides. I treat the person reading it as if they know nothing about the apps required or the steps needed. that's y they're littered with notes in case the person is wondering y u have to do something or y not to do something. :P

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks guys.

u won't brick ur system as long as u use a legit nds title like brain age. if ur hdd fails, it won't affect that.
I'm pretty afraid of my HDD failing during a game installation... :/

Yet Plailect's official Wii U hacking guide forces you to use RedNAND, and we completely accept that as the main guide. Because the Wii U senate says so, aka mods of communities.

Also it's not "Hacking" in a permanent way, it's just a matter of launching exploits. The system always remains stock in the end. I tend to see users think that their wii u magically isn't vanilla, or that you "install" CFW
Yeah I know about this stuff. using a CFW on WiiU looks really easy and I know it's not permanent! ;)
But as I said, I'm afraid of bricking my Wii U because of a corruption on my HDD while I install a game...

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys.

I'm pretty afraid of my HDD failing during a game installation... :/

Yeah I know about this stuff. using a CFW on WiiU looks really easy and I know it's not permanent! ;)
But as I said, I'm afraid of bricking my Wii U because of a corruption on my HDD while I install a game...
Haha my post wasn't directed towards you no worries. I was just ranting in general

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the only thing installed to the NAND is the ticket. I'm sure Nintendo thought of that predicament, so u shouldn't worry.

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Haha my post wasn't directed towards you no worries. I was just ranting in general
Haha I see. Thanks for your guide which's pretty good though! :)

afaik, the only thing installed to the NAND is the ticket. I'm sure Nintendo thought of that predicament, so u shouldn't worry.
Are you sure about this?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know it for a fact, no. if ur concerned, I'd suggest buying a new hdd. u can transfer content from hdd to the other. it's supposed to be if u get a larger hdd. I don't think u can actually use both at once.

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
100% you can't brick your wiiu by installing to hdd as has previously been said only the ticket is installed to sysnand and they can't brick the wiiu.
So if I just install games/dlc to my SysNAND, it can't brick the WiiU?

D

Deleted User

So if I just install games/dlc to my SysNAND, it can't brick the WiiU?
If your HDD corrupts mid-installing, you will not brick. It's impossible. You will just get instant external device error.
However, if you're installing to NAND and it fails mid-installation, you will just get corrupted software aka. "?" which can be reinstalled again.

In other words: No one has bricked by installing a simple game and DLC.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, usually, at least with SystemConfigTool, it rolls back the installation to prevent a problem. I've seen this happen with corrupted installs before. it's happened to me in fact. no issues. :)

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If your HDD corrupts mid-installing, you will not brick. It's impossible. You will just get instant external device error.
However, if you're installing to NAND and it fails mid-installation, you will just get corrupted software aka. "?" which can be reinstalled again.

In other words: No one has bricked by installing a simple game and DLC.
I see thanks!! :)

Is
yes, usually, at least with SystemConfigTool, it rolls back the installation to prevent a problem. I've seen this happen with corrupted installs before. it's happened to me in fact. no issues. :)
Thanks but I've read using SysConfigTools with SysNAND isn't safe :/

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's safe if u use the one Punderino fixed. that's what I used to install all my games and rip all my saves. the saves r compatible with loadiine and saviine btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-