RedNAND or SysNAND CFW?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Samwix, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Samwix
    OP

Samwix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    Hi,

I plan to hack my Wii U but I'm hesitating between SysNAND CFW and RedNAND.

My HDD is kinda old so it may be corrupted easily then I don't wanna take risks... How to move everything from RedNAND to SysNAND (if I wanna use SysNAND someday)?

Thanks.

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Don't bother with redNAND or Mocha. Use HaxChi CFW instead. Easiest best hassel-free method IMHO and you won't get redNAND corruption later on like many users have posted.

If you want a more thorough description of why I recommend against rednand read my guide.

Last edited by Kafluke, Mar 17, 2017
    Samwix likes this.
  3. Samwix
    OP

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    Thanks but setting up SysNAND looks really easy...
    The main thing is that I don't wanna brick my SysNAND since I've an old HDD for my backups

4. Salfay

Salfay GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2016
    France
    Samwix likes this.
  5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    u won't brick ur system as long as u use a legit nds title like brain age. if ur hdd fails, it won't affect that.

Samwix likes this.
  6. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Yet Plailect's official Wii U hacking guide forces you to use RedNAND, and we completely accept that as the main guide. Because the Wii U senate says so, aka mods of communities.

You'd have to be foreign, trying to read an English guide to ever brick a Wii U. Not even, it's just difficult unless you were truly being experimental and you knew it. By all means, guides exist for a reason, you aren't completely clueless and retarded while doing wii u hacks.

Also it's not "Hacking" in a permanent way, it's just a matter of launching exploits. The system always remains stock in the end. I tend to see users think that their wii u magically isn't vanilla, or that you "install" CFW

Last edited by MattKimura, Mar 17, 2017
    Samwix and godreborn like this.
  7. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    that's the way I've always written guides. I treat the person reading it as if they know nothing about the apps required or the steps needed. that's y they're littered with notes in case the person is wondering y u have to do something or y not to do something. :P

Samwix likes this.
  8. Samwix
    OP

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    Thanks guys.

I'm pretty afraid of my HDD failing during a game installation... :/

Yeah I know about this stuff. using a CFW on WiiU looks really easy and I know it's not permanent! ;)
    But as I said, I'm afraid of bricking my Wii U because of a corruption on my HDD while I install a game...

9. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Haha my post wasn't directed towards you no worries. I was just ranting in general

Samwix likes this.
  10. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    afaik, the only thing installed to the NAND is the ticket. I'm sure Nintendo thought of that predicament, so u shouldn't worry.

11. Samwix
    OP

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    Haha I see. Thanks for your guide which's pretty good though! :)

Are you sure about this?

12. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I don't know it for a fact, no. if ur concerned, I'd suggest buying a new hdd. u can transfer content from hdd to the other. it's supposed to be if u get a larger hdd. I don't think u can actually use both at once.

Samwix likes this.
  13. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    100% you can't brick your wiiu by installing to hdd as has previously been said only the ticket is installed to sysnand and they can't brick the wiiu.

Samwix likes this.
  14. Samwix
    OP

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    So if I just install games/dlc to my SysNAND, it can't brick the WiiU?

15. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    If your HDD corrupts mid-installing, you will not brick. It's impossible. You will just get instant external device error.
    However, if you're installing to NAND and it fails mid-installation, you will just get corrupted software aka. "?" which can be reinstalled again.

In other words: No one has bricked by installing a simple game and DLC.

Samwix likes this.
  16. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yes, usually, at least with SystemConfigTool, it rolls back the installation to prevent a problem. I've seen this happen with corrupted installs before. it's happened to me in fact. no issues. :)

Samwix likes this.
  17. Samwix
    OP

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    I see thanks!! :)

Is
    Thanks but I've read using SysConfigTools with SysNAND isn't safe :/

18. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it's safe if u use the one Punderino fixed. that's what I used to install all my games and rip all my saves. the saves r compatible with loadiine and saviine btw.