Hardware Red light only, Wii won't turn on. Any help?

777james

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping someone can help me. My BT module went out and I replaced it last week and the wii has worked perfectly since then. Then 3 days ago I went to turn it on and I got nothing. I plug it in and the red light is on, but it won't turn on no matter what I press. I tried using power on the wiimotes, tried holding down reset while pressing the power, tried unplugging everything including AC adapter from the wii and the wall for 24 hours, no matter what I do it won't turn on. I've also tried different sockets. When I hold down the power or eject button I can hear a feint clicking noise inside.

Is this a hardware thing I can fix? Anyone know of ways to troubleshoot this? I can solder or repair most things if I have a direction to go in. I have prii loader installed and bootmii, but obviously can't get to those.

Thanks

777james

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Try inserting a disc and see if it turns on. When you press the power on the Wii remotes, what do the lights on the remote do? They will probably either flash once really fast or flash multiple times for several seconds.

It already has a disc in it, so I can't try putting one in. When I press a button the left two lights on the remote just flash ten times quickly.

777james

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fudge said:
Try opening the system and manually triggering the power.
Can you explain a bit more what you mean by manually triggering it? Because the button is clearly doing something as when I press it I can hear a clicking sound inside. Thanks.

potnazi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its most likely the fuse on the main board. in the rear by the power imput plug. its a nano fuse, very small. take a test light and check it. if u get power on one side n not the other take a soldiering iron and bridge it.

chefkiwi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had any luck with fixing this issue? My Wii is doing the same thing! Red light, clicking noises when pressing the power on button and the eject button. I unfortunately have a game in my console as well so I cannot try putting in a game. I tried resetting the AC adapter with no luck either. I also cannot seem to find any information online about this issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok