Hardware Recovering files from a damaged microSD card?

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I love Fantasy Life, and I was just wondering if I could recover my save from that busted card (was using an adapter to make it into an actual SD card).

I began getting errors (saying that the SD card wasn't recognized a week ago). I managed to get another card this week, and I was doing a transfer to my laptop and it gave me an error and stopped working completely. The computer now wants to format it when it sees it.

I used a recovery tool (Recovery Robot) and it saw the files on it, but wanted me to register to get those files saved.

The other software I used was Recuva and it didn't do the job at all. Didn't even see the file system.

I need my Fantasy Life back. :P

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying with another program. EASEUS Data Recovery. Just trying to repair the partition now. I just want the save file back, and I can redownload everything from Nintendo.

Luckily the drive can be read by some programs, although not Recuva.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use this software whenever I'm in a similar situation, it's called Data Doctor Recovery

saved my LIFE on several occasions. holy **ck I had like 4 pokemon saves on a micro SD along with a whole bunch of other games

try it out, it was a big help

I think it costs though, so you might have to buy (or pirate :ninja: ) it

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unfortunately, the card is pretty much dead. AFAIK, a majority of the time, when an SD card is corrupted and isn't able to be read the data is most likely gone for good.
This is true. My last SD card that died couldn't be recovered with anything I tried.
I think I was able to recover it eventually, but can't remember exactly what I used. I think it was GetDataBack. Anyway it's worth it to keep trying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson