Gaming Recommended games for a 6 year old?

aldudturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Being the lovely uncle that I am, I just bought my nephew an R4 & 1gb Kingston to go with it, to use in his new DS. What games do you think would be suitable for him to play? He's pretty on the ball even though he's only six, but I'm not sure what child friendly games there are out there. I'm definitely putting on:

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Warioware
Nintendogs
Animal Crossing

Are there any decent Disney games? Would he be able to play Spiderman 3?

Thanks!
yaynds.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest with you. If he is capable of playing mario kart, new super mario bros and animal crossing. Then he's pretty much capable of playing most games
wink.gif

You just need to avoid medium/heavy dialogue/text games and he should be fine.
Here are some games that he might like though:
Dead n furious (you can turn off blood if I recall correctly xD)
Hamsterz (something similiar as nintendogs, but with hamsters and it's quite fun)
Kirby (pretty much any of those, might want to start with 'powerbrush' as it's his best game for the ds as of now)
Chicken little 2 ace in action (Arcade fast paced action game, alot of fun)
Nanostray (as above but with more fancy graphics and spaceship/sci fi theme)
Sonicrush (maybe.. let him try and see if he likes it)
Super mario 64 (another maybe.)
Super princess peach (like a very light version of new super mario bros, still enjoyable and easier than nwmb)

As for spiderman3, im sure he would be able to handle it.

DJJoker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thedjdiaries.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hi,

My 6yr old son plays,

Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Warioware
Cooking Mama
Super Princess Peach
Kirby
Super Monkey Ball
Elite Beat Agents
Bubble Bobble
Bomberman (not landtouch)
Yoshi's Island
Zoo Keeper
Point Blank

At least that is on his cart at the minute
smile.gif

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Pokemon... 6 years old... WTF? I hope u just kidding. With all EVs, PVs and long turn-based not-3d battles pokemon is too hard and boring for kids /=

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokemon... 6 years old... WTF? I hope u just kidding. With all EVs, PVs and long turn-based not-3d battles pokemon is too hard and boring for kids /=

do you think kids really care about evs and all that stuff. They would just go out and catch pokemon and play with them. If you give a kid a game they will play it, they are not like us adults who take gaming seriously and have to master everything in a game. Pokemon is also made for kids so i dont see why a 6 year old couldn't play it.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country

Not having any trouble with it are you
tongue.gif

Although pokemon is a bit complicated nowadays, my 7 year old cousin plays it, I've noticed that things like the EV training and most dialogue just goes right over his head
smile.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
are you for real? i would never let a 6 year old play that game.
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Cooking Mama
yes they are excellent games for a 6 year year old and for some reason my son seems to find death jr fascinating although i'm not sure i approve of that either.

aldudturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies everyone, you reminded me of a few games that would be perfect for him. I'll probably stick pokemon on there and if he likes it that's great, if not then it's not like I've wasted money on the game eh?
smile.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the replies everyone, you reminded me of a few games that would be perfect for him. I'll probably stick pokemon on there and if he likes it that's great, if not then it's not like I've wasted money on the game eh?
smile.gif

I'm pretty sure he will. It's an awesome game, and made GBATemp practically freeze when it was dumped.

aldudturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I've got my own DS & R4 Combo (I'm 17) and pokemon is pretty damn addictive. As someone said above most of it will probably go over his head but I reckon he'll get some enjoyment out of it.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
are you for real? i would never let a 6 year old play that game.

Why not? Too scary? Too bloody?..
it's non of the above.. and even if a 6 year old would comprehend the red pixels at the terrible resolution the ds has... I doubt it would have any impact. It's a fun 'poke poke' with the stylus game all in all.
Or maybe you're one of those overprotective soon-to-be soccermoms which will equip its kid with 80$ protective gear all over his body everytime he wants to go out and play with his friends
rolleyes.gif

6year old kids care about low resolution pixel blood as much as they would care that a pokemon used 'bite' or any other 'violent' attack on another pokemon to "kill/beat" it.

aldudturn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ask the kid what games he wants. He would probably know better than any of us.

Well I kind of want it to be a bit of a surprise for him, and if he wants any other game I'll just download it for him on the computer at his house. I just thought it would be nice to put a few games on there so he could start playing straight away, and get some decent suggestions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people...