Not open for further replies.

Lychee88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an old model 3DS XL that I have tried to repair for my friend but it looks like I will need a professional. Is there anyone on this forum that can perform micro soldering repairs on the Nintendo 3DS XL that is located in the UK? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for a shop I could send it in for repair?

The 3DS XL will boot up if it is partly opened but if you open it at a 90 degree angle, the 3DS XL will turn off.

I know that the camera cable and the speaker cable need replacing (soldering required to add the speakers to the cable). Annoyingly, the flap for the joystick port popped off so I will probably need a new replacement port soldered on too unless there is a different solution that can be used to keep the ribbon in place. I have a little piece of the gray flap but have been unsuccessful in trying to fit it back onto the port. I can order the replacement parts from Replace Base in the UK and send it altogether with the console if anyone can repair this for me at a reasonable price. Thanks for any help.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the 3DS shuts off, does it make a popping noise? If it does, the suspected faulty part is the speaker cable.

You can replace the speaker flex cable assembly in its entirety with included drivers. No soldering required.

[aliexpress] Original LCD Speaker Volume Control Top Flex Ribbon Cable For Nintendo New 3DS XL LL 3DSXL 3DSLL Replacement

Original-LCD-Speaker-Volume-Control-Top-Flex-Ribbon-Cable-For-Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-LL-3DSXL.jpeg_640x640.jpeg

Did the rubber skin come off the left thumb, circle pad? Make sure your replacement isn't one of those with only a plastic texture. There are cheap ones that aren't rubberized.
Do you already know about the ifixit tutorial repair guide?

If you intend to contract someone to repair the system for you, see if those 3rd party electronic repair stores that specialize fixing smart phones (especially Apple devices), will take you up on an offer. I'm making the assumption that the U.K. has e-shops like that.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aRVjiaM88Y