Rebuilding a mame romset

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so, I want to rebuild my mame 2003 romset to the 0.134u4 romset to use it with sdlmame app. So, I downloaded clrmamepro, this is what it looks like

Untitled.png

where do I put the 0.134u4.dat file and what source xml does it need? The xml file of my Mame 2003 romset that I want to turn into 0.134u4?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
ok, so, I want to rebuild my mame 2003 romset to the 0.134u4 romset to use it with sdlmame app. So, I downloaded clrmamepro, this is what it looks like

View attachment 391376
where do I put the 0.134u4.dat file and what source xml does it need? The xml file of my Mame 2003 romset that I want to turn into 0.134u4?
i think you're using an old version of CMPro.
Ugh, old versions have a confusing UI...

First of all, download the latest version of ClrMamePro (CMPro). The latest version of CMPro is 4.047.

For Windows x32 bits (x86): https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/binaries/cmp4047_32.zip
For Windows x64 bits (x64): https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/binaries/cmp4047_64.zip

Extract the contents of cmp4047_xx.zip (xx is the version you downloaded) into a folder called CMPro.

Then, download this attached file i will attach here.
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/dat...391396/?hash=89303514d85796c7dc686a7e96340595

This one you'll have to extract its contents of my attached file into the CMPro folder.

1693504041084.png

Then open the executable cmpro32.exe (if using x32) or cmpro64.exe (if using x64).
The tool will ask to select a profile (.dat file), open the one called MAME0134u4 and click in Load.
Select Rebuilder in the menu, then modify the settings i will show:

1693504193573.png

1) Select the folder where you have your original MAME (any version) ROMs.
2) Select the folder where you want to save your new rebuilt MAME 0.134u4 ROMs.
3) In Merge Options, select the option "Non-Merged Sets".
4) Click in "Rebuild".

If this screen appears, click in "Yes" or "OK".
1693504329033.png

For any warning screens appearing, click in "Yes" (or "Yes to ALL"), "OK" (or "OK to ALL"), "Continue" or "Continue anyway".

Once rebuilt, you'll see this screen:
1693504420315.png

Click OK, then check your selected folder where your new rebuilt roms are created.

Hope this understand :)

Attachments

• dats_MAME0134u4_for_CMPro_4.047-saulfabreg.7z
    6.5 MB · Views: 59

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First of all, download the latest version of ClrMamePro (CMPro). The latest version of CMPro is 4.047.

For Windows x32 bits (x86): https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/binaries/cmp4047_32.zip
For Windows x64 bits (x64): https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/binaries/cmp4047_64.zip

Extract the contents of cmp4047_xx.zip (xx is the version you downloaded) into a folder called CMPro.

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/dat...391396/?hash=89303514d85796c7dc686a7e96340595

This one you'll have to extract its contents of my attached file into the CMPro folder.

View attachment 391392

Then open the executable cmpro32.exe (if using x32) or cmpro64.exe (if using x64).
The tool will ask to select a profile (.dat file), open the one called MAME0134u4 and click in Load.

View attachment 391393

4) Click in "Rebuild".

View attachment 391394

For any warning screens appearing, click in "Yes" (or "Yes to ALL"), "OK" (or "OK to ALL"), "Continue" or "Continue anyway".

View attachment 391395
Click OK, then check your selected folder where your new rebuilt roms are created.

alright, man, thanx for the detailed instructions

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 391392

View attachment 391393

4) Click in "Rebuild".

View attachment 391394

View attachment 391395

So, I did exactly as you described and everything went well, except the rebuilt set has way more games than my original romset.

So, I rebuilt the first batch of my 2003 romset, which included 520 games, which resulted in 1,776 rebuilt games (as you can see in the picture attached).

Untitled.png

What's weird is that there are some new games (or versions of games) appeared, for example, I only had one ghouls n goblins game (ghoulsu.zip). In the rebuilt folder, there are two files (ghoulsu.zip and ghouls.zip). Same with many other games, plus some games that I didn't even have.

Did the program create new games out of my romset? Did it just create a whole MAME 0.134u4 romset? Is it supposed to be that way?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
So, I did exactly as you described and everything went well, except the rebuilt set has way more games than my original romset.

So, I rebuilt the first batch of my 2003 romset, which included 520 games, which resulted in 1,776 rebuilt games (as you can see in the picture attached).

View attachment 391643

What's weird is that there are some new games (or versions of games) appeared, for example, I only had one ghouls n goblins game (ghoulsu.zip). In the rebuilt folder, there are two files (ghoulsu.zip and ghouls.zip). Same with many other games, plus some games that I didn't even have.

Did the program create new games out of my romset? Did it just create a whole MAME 0.134u4 romset? Is it supposed to be that way?
Yeah this happens to me too.
This is normal cause ClrMamePro also can detect in the dat file which romsets use the same files that your roms have.

Currently, the only solution for this "issue" is deleting the rebuilt roms that you don't want, and keep only the rebuilt roms you want.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this happens to me too.
This is normal cause ClrMamePro also can detect in the dat file which romsets use the same files that your roms have.

Currently, the only solution for this "issue" is deleting the rebuilt roms that you don't want, and keep only the rebuilt roms you want.
is there a way to delete the rebuilt roms that I don't need automatically?

I don't know, by comparing two folders (folder#1 = my original romset consisting of the roms that I want and folder #2 = rebuilt romset consisting of the roms that I want (which have the same names as those in my original romset) and those that i dont need (which were created during rebuilding) and deleting files with non-matching names or something?

Is there a program or a script for that? I mean, don't tell me I will have to do it manually.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
is there a way to delete the rebuilt roms that I don't need automatically?

I don't know, by comparing two folders (folder#1 = my original romset consisting of the roms that I want and folder #2 = rebuilt romset consisting of the roms that I want (which have the same names as those in my original romset) and those that i dont need (which were created during rebuilding) and deleting files with non-matching names or something?

Is there a program or a script for that? I mean, don't tell me I will have to do it manually.
I dont know.
I will look for a way for delete unmatched/undesired roms or etter a way for stop ClrMamePro of making more "unneeded" roms.

See ya later, i guess.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've managed to create a list of files (roms) that I need in txt format. I tried running the .bat file script by @Wiimpathy to move the files that match the filenames on the list to another directory but it won't work.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroar...screen-resolution-configuration-files.538198/

I tried it before, and it worked fine. (that's how I sorted my games to CoreA, CoreB, etc for RetroArch)

I don't get it. I probably doing something wrong here.

Here's the script

for /f "delims=" %%L in (list.txt) do move "%%L" Ready

here's the list in txt format (well, the beginning of it)
3in1semi.zip
3on3dunk.zip
3wonderu.zip
4dwarrio.zip
4in1boot.zip
9ballsht.zip
19xx.zip
64street.zip
99lstwar.zip
1941.zip
1942.zip
1943.zip
1944.zip
acedrvrw.zip
acrobatm.zip
actfanc1.zip
actfancrj.zip
aerofgt.zip
agallet.zip
airass.zip
airattck.zip
airbustr.zip
airduel.zip
airwolf.zip

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
So, I've managed to create a list of files (roms) that I need in txt format. I tried running the .bat file script by @Wiimpathy to move the files that match the filenames on the list to another directory but it won't work.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroar...screen-resolution-configuration-files.538198/

I tried it before, and it worked fine. (that's how I sorted my games to CoreA, CoreB, etc for RetroArch)

I don't get it. I probably doing something wrong here.

Here's the script

for /f "delims=" %%L in (list.txt) do move "%%L" Ready

here's the list in txt format (well, the beginning of it)
3in1semi.zip
3on3dunk.zip
3wonderu.zip
4dwarrio.zip
4in1boot.zip
9ballsht.zip
19xx.zip
64street.zip
99lstwar.zip
1941.zip
1942.zip
1943.zip
1944.zip
acedrvrw.zip
acrobatm.zip
actfanc1.zip
actfancrj.zip
aerofgt.zip
agallet.zip
airass.zip
airattck.zip
airbustr.zip
airduel.zip
airwolf.zip
Interesting, i'll take a look at this and i could make a batch script which delete all undesired roms (the ones which arent mentioned in the generated list txt file) when i have the time.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, i'll take a look at this and i could make a batch script which delete all undesired roms (the ones which arent mentioned in the generated list txt file) when i have the time.
it would be easier to come up with a batch script to MOVE all the files according to the list to another folder. I'm working on it too (tried a couple of ideas to no avail though), it's just things are pretty crazy here and I don't have much time to mess around with the script.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@cereal_killer

Finished my batch script (for Windows) which will detect your desired roms you want to keep and what roms will discard.

ClrMamePro MAME "undesired" romset deleter / proper rom copier v0.01
by saulfabreg

Usage:

1. Download my batch script (see attachments)
2. Extract its contents into a folder
3. Put your original (untouched, non-rebuilt) MAME romsets of any version into the folder "1_1_original".
4. Put your rebuilt MAME romsets from ClrMamePro into the folder "1_2_rebuilt".
5. Run the batch script clrmamepro_sorter_v0.01.bat
6. Press Enter in the next screen for continue
7. Let the tool make its magic... (of detecting your desired roms in 1_1_original and moving them from 1_2_rebuilt to the 2_1_out_sorted folder, ignoring the ones you don't want to keep)
8. When finished, close the program and open the folder "2_1_out_sorted".
9. Profit, copy your desired rom files to anywhere and play!

Tell me if this works for you.

Attachments

• clrmamepro_sorter_v0.1_win-saulfabreg.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 17

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cereal_killer

Finished my batch script (for Windows) which will detect your desired roms you want to keep and what roms will discard.

ClrMamePro MAME "undesired" romset deleter / proper rom copier v0.01
by saulfabreg

Usage:

1. Download my batch script (see attachments)
2. Extract its contents into a folder
3. Put your original (untouched, non-rebuilt) MAME romsets of any version into the folder "1_1_original".
4. Put your rebuilt MAME romsets from ClrMamePro into the folder "1_2_rebuilt".
5. Run the batch script clrmamepro_sorter_v0.01.bat
6. Press Enter in the next screen for continue
7. Let the tool make its magic... (of detecting your desired roms in 1_1_original and moving them from 1_2_rebuilt to the 2_1_out_sorted folder, ignoring the ones you don't want to keep)
8. When finished, close the program and open the folder "2_1_out_sorted".
9. Profit, copy your desired rom files to anywhere and play!

Tell me if this works for you.
I did everything as you described but, unfortunately it didn't work for me. So, I created a simple script that moves files from folder A to folder B according to the list and it did the job. Here it is

@Echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

:: Define the path to folder A (source folder)
set "folderA=C:\Users\User\Desktop\Folder A"

:: Define the path to folder B (destination folder)
set "folderB=C:\Users\User\Desktop\Folder B"

:: Define the path to the text file containing the list of files to move
set "listFile=C:\Users\User\Desktop\Folder A\list.txt"

:: Ensure the destination folder exists
if not exist "%folderB%" (
mkdir "%folderB%"
)

:: Loop through the lines in the list file
for /f "usebackq" %%L in ("%listFile%") do (
:: Check if the file exists in folder A
if exist "%folderA%\%%L" (
:: Move the file to folder B