Rebecca Black's New Single

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The hell....she looks like an 18 year old, not 14. People (especially Women) these days look older than their original age....damn..

And about the song....female Justin Bieber anyone?

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
SamAsh07 said:
The hell....she looks like an 18 year old, not 14. People (especially Women) these days look older than their original age....damn..

And about the song....female Justin Bieber anyone?
Isn't Bieber a female already?
unsure.gif

Paralys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love all the comments that read 'It's better than "Friday"!'. Seriously guys? Silence was better than "Friday", it's not hard for a song to be good relative to that so I'm really not sure that she's "putting a middle finger up" to anyone, she just went from "unbearable" to "I'll still hang out with you if you like it, you'll just lose major respect points". Also, she still can't sing, so don't think autotune means she's talented.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paralys said:
I love all the comments that read 'It's better than "Friday"!'. Seriously guys? Silence was better than "Friday", it's not hard for a song to be good relative to that so I'm really not sure that she's "putting a middle finger up" to anyone, she just went from "unbearable" to "I'll still hang out with you if you like it, you'll just lose major respect points". Also, she still can't sing, so don't think autotune means she's talented.

I agree. The problem is that people constantly lower their standards so that when they see the absolute worst, anything relative to that they consider good. I don't foresee Rebecca having any kind of music career, so I don't really mind if she makes a few songs to milk the "success" Friday had.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Coming straight out of the /mu/ forums myself, I will just reiterate something I've said in a blog before:
DISCLAIMER: I haven't heard the new song, and I don't plan to hear it either.
Always strive to achieve a bigger musical acceptance. Being more open to things will make you lose less respect for Down Syndrome genres like pop, and make yourself more indifferent and independent, whilst simulatneously opening your senses to other forms of good music (Asian Folk, Cuban Guajiro's, etc.), since no one reaaaaally cares what you listen to.

EDIT: Aside from that, like Toni said, it'll also help you to NOT lower your standards.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
penguindefender said:
I hate this sort of thing. Some snotty 14-year-old that can't sing gets signed, and then gets tons of exposure for a terrible song she didn't even write while thousands of exceptionally talented bands and artists go unnoticed.

Her lyrics no depth.
She can't sing.

I wish people would just acknowledge her as a failure, so maybe someone actually deserving will get a little exposure.
We did. Problem is that in calling her a failure we got her exposure and made her famous. THis song is not good at all and merely meh. Its not terrible genius like Firday was so won't have the same "so bad its good" vibe and won't make money. Sorry Rebecca. You've had your "moment" and now you fade into obscurity.

As for the song, yeah its a giant middle finger to anybody who hated on her last song and how she's gonna prove them wrong. Hell she made LOADS of money off that "piece of crap" song...because it was a piece of crap. This is the thing with the internet we applaud great things but we also applaud terrible things that are hilariously bad. I wish people had just pirated rather than downloaded the song in iTunes...

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTNquPzvbWY&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
that's the real one, her voice track without autotune HOHOHOH!

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
KingdomBlade said:
I actually like Katy Perry live... she's not as bad as I would expect her to be. Though personally, I think that I don't mind autotune if it's improving the music. It's there for about the same reason that there are special effects in movies, to artificially enhance it. People who complain about autotune endlessly kinda irritate me. How come people are fine with computer generated music but find fault in using autotune?

There are some pop artists that are brilliant live though. I'll go with your example, Lady Gaga. Her acoustic performances are actually quite outstanding even though her album versions are clearly autotuned.
The main fault in auto-tune is that it is allowing people who clearly are incapable of singing to release albums and make millions. Take Britney Spears and Ke$ha for example. It's what is killing the music industry, because the basic requirement to become popular seems to be how "sexy" you portray yourself. I definitely understand its usage in studio albums to enhance the overall experience, but the issue arises when the artist cannot even hit the right notes when singing acoustic.

Obviously there are exceptions to this, including Lady Gaga as aforementioned. She is definitely capable of singing, which is why I have no issue with her usage of auto-tune in her songs. You can tell in her studio recordings that she is producing the notes naturally, while the auto-tune is there to merely enhance certain aspects of the music. This is not the case in, say, Ke$ha, where her voice is clearly tuned to the correct pitch with audio editing and not produced by her acoustic voice.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apparently all proceeds of "Friday" went to disaster relief in Japan? Is this rumor true? [sorry, forgot where I read it] WTF?!?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwT_2QQU64[/youtube] I think she got the idea to make music from her...
Auto Tune couldn't even make her sound good. It also couldn't get rid of those giant teeth.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Screw Rebecca, check out my topic of Blair Perkins, that guy deserves a chance to be signed!! He is still unsigned, can you believe it?? It just goes to show that nowadays any little runt can be a singer, all they need is LOOKS. FUCKING LOOKS.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Screw Rebecca, check out my topic of Blair Perkins, that guy deserves a chance to be signed!! He is still unsigned, can you believe it?? It just goes to show that nowadays any little runt can be a singer, all they need is LOOKS. FUCKING LOOKS.

Looks?!? WTF?!? This girl Rebecca Black has no "looks". Seriously, unless you're pedobear or a kid who doesn't know otherwise or summat, she's not very aesthetically-pleasing.

BTW, who is this Perkins guy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1