United States
love the chick with electric guitar that is turned off
smile.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It wasn't, well, awful. I mean, I certainly wouldn't carry it around with me, but the song quality is definitely up from Friday.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I decided to value whatever sanity I have left by not listening/watching this.

Me: 1 | Teenagers who think infamy = stardom: 0

ph34r.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It really isn't terrible. If you aren't a fan of auto-tuning, I would stay away. Otherwise, it is slower paced, the words actually have some obvious meaning (kind of like a big F U), and it doesn't have 13/14 year old kids driving around.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it's a pretty poor song overall, but compared to Friday I'd say it's decent. The only part I absolutely despise is the bit later in the song when she sings about her haters and that she's making money. She'd do better to ignore them all together.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
It really isn't terrible. If you aren't a fan of auto-tuning, I would stay away. Otherwise, it is slower paced, the words actually have some obvious meaning (kind of like a big F U), and it doesn't have 13/14 year old kids driving around.
I agree it better, but Friday had a "charm" to it.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Tonitonichopchop @ Jul 19 2011, 01:03 AM) Eh, it's a pretty poor song overall, but compared to Friday I'd say it's decent. The only part I absolutely despise is the bit later in the song when she sings about her haters and that she's making money. She'd do better to ignore them all together.
Well she may have thought the same thing,but wanted to make the song a little longer.

The next song would probably be base on this. (calling out to the haters...)

New song "My Moment is On Friday."
tongue.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If she ever trains her voice to the point where she can sound like this without autotune, then I may acknowledge her as an artist.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate this sort of thing. Some snotty 14-year-old that can't sing gets signed, and then gets tons of exposure for a terrible song she didn't even write while thousands of exceptionally talented bands and artists go unnoticed.

Her lyrics no depth.
She can't sing.

I wish people would just acknowledge her as a failure, so maybe someone actually deserving will get a little exposure.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
penguindefender said:
I hate this sort of thing. Some snotty 14-year-old that can't sing gets signed, and then gets tons of exposure for a terrible song she didn't even write while thousands of exceptionally talented bands and artists go unnoticed.

Her lyrics no depth.
She can't sing.

I wish people would just acknowledge her as a failure, so maybe someone actually deserving will get a little exposure.

Welcome to the internet, where the most inane of things in God's not-so-green-anymore Earth can [and in all probability will] get famous.

Like those darn ponies!!!

ph34r.gif

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how it goes from "I'm strong and I can do this!" to "Yeah, I'm better than you. by the way" towards the end. complete character shift kind of ruins the rest of the song.. (not that it's that great) but if it had least been self-consistent I would have respected it for what it was.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Slightly better than Friday, but still shit.

She doesn't deserve this much fame and recognition, there are much better obscure musicians out there.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
sergster1 said:
p1ngpong said:
We don't need this in USN.

;O;. I actually wasn't sure though where to put it considering the amount of hype her first song got.

This sure as hell ain't news. should go under music section.
This sure as hell ain't music. should go under the eof.

QUOTE(penguindefender @ Jul 19 2011, 10:24 PM)

Her lyrics no depth.
She can't sing.

She didn't get signed. Ark's a vanity label.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raika said:
Slightly better than Friday, but still shit.

She doesn't deserve this much fame and recognition, there are much better obscure musicians out there.
Yes, and oh yes.

Her voice is definitely.. "better" compared to Friday, but it has no depth or feeling whatsoever- things that many songs can't do without.
And the song itself is just.. bland.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Raiser said:
Her voice is definitely.. "better" compared to Friday, but it has no depth or feeling whatsoever- things that many songs can't do without. And the song itself is just.. bland.
Honestly though, depth or feeling can't really apply anymore to the pop genre of today. All of it is auto-tuned. Take Katy Perry for example. Any "depth" and "feeling" in her songs are produced through intensive audio editing. One quick listen to a live performance and you'll realize she's just almost as incapable of singing as Rebecca Black is in terms of expression. She sounds like she's gasping for air every two words.

The song itself is a generic pop song, without as much intensive beat to it as many of the other pieces within the genre are (e.g. Lady Gaga). It definitely exposes the song as "bland", but I think that was a choice by Rebecca Black after the criticism from the very heavy auto-tune in Friday. She went for a much more "natural" feel with her new single rather than repeating the auto-tuned mess that was her previous single. She still evidently used auto-tune, but you can't really blame her when 99% of the music industry does the exact same thing as well.

I'm surprised I'm actually defending Rebecca Black for something. Ah well.
closedeyes.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
CarbonX13 said:
I actually like Katy Perry live... she's not as bad as I would expect her to be. Though personally, I think that I don't mind autotune if it's improving the music. It's there for about the same reason that there are special effects in movies, to artificially enhance it. People who complain about autotune endlessly kinda irritate me. How come people are fine with computer generated music but find fault in using autotune?

There are some pop artists that are brilliant live though. I'll go with your example, Lady Gaga. Her acoustic performances are actually quite outstanding even though her album versions are clearly autotuned.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
sergster1 said:
Its actually quite the improvement from Friday but I get the feeling she was putting up a huge middle finger to all the people who hated on her

If people didn't hate her song no-one would no who the fuck she was. If she'd have written a bad song rather than an absolutely amazingly terrible one, she wouldn't have got to make this second one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr