Hacking Really weird Wiikey issue with NTSC-J

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
Check the other threads on this. The Wiikey team have confirmed that there are at least two "clone" (counterfeit) versions of the chip in circulation. One of them is confirmed not to work with the configuration utility. I am not saying this what your problem is but it is a possibility if you did not order from an official reseller.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
It will boot on any modded console, since it is just a standard GameCube disc. I have emailed them for clarification on how it performs when run on a counterfeit chip so, hopefully, they will reply or issue a statement. They usually are not around on weekends, though.
wink.gif

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the other threads on this. The Wiikey team have confirmed that there are at least two "clone" (counterfeit) versions of the chip in circulation. One of them is confirmed not to work with the configuration utility. I am not saying this what your problem is but it is a possibility if you did not order from an official reseller.

Doubt it. I ordered from Foundmy.com. One of the first batches shipped.

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Perplexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can change the settings. There's really no way to tell if the setting actually changed though. It doesn't come back with a save error. Only thing is, NTSC-J game don't work.
Yeah, I forgot to clarify... I have a chip from the same batch, I can change settings, and play unpatched NTSC-J games on my NTSC-U console.

Really weird, I'm curious to see what the Wiikey team finds or has to say on this...

hanarecca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have not heard from Wiikey.cn reguarding this issue. I did a wire install for my Wiikey and I even checked for continuity. Its good to know that im not the only one with this issue and that the chip may be damaged during transit or its just a bad chip. The only thing that bothers me is that I cannot direct boot NTSC-J games and that I cannot update the chip if needed. If I don't get a responce by tomorrow I am going to send an e-mail to modchipstore.com.

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have not heard from Wiikey.cn reguarding this issue. I did a wire install for my Wiikey and I even checked for continuity. Its good to know that im not the only one with this issue and that the chip may be damaged during transit or its just a bad chip. The only thing that bothers me is that I cannot direct boot NTSC-J games and that I cannot update the chip if needed. If I don't get a responce by tomorrow I am going to send an e-mail to modchipstore.com.

Here's a queston. For those that have been able to sucessfully save the settings and boot NTSC-J games without patching, what version of the Wii chipset do you have? Original or DB2?

I have DB2 and it doesn't work for me.

Essobie

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys i am new to the fourm but i am having a different issue.

I am able to get Naruto to work on my NTSC-J console

but for some reason i am not able to get any NTSC games to work.

DO i need to patch them b4 i burn or what do i have to do. I am kinda clueless right now

hanarecca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is an origional wii and not the updated chipset, Wiikey still has not responded to me and neither has modchipstore.com. I hope I hear something soon cause this is getting annoying.

n0fx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a NTSC-J machine with the Wiikey and it boots NTSC-U discs fine. I had to run the setup disc v1.1 and turn on the region override option. Once it saved and rebooted, booted the games fine (NTSC-U).

benjp2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any updates on this? I just installed my wiikey that I recieved yesterday from foundmy. I can play NTSC-U Wii and GC games fine and have tried setting region free with 1.0 and 1.1 config discs. When I try an NTSC-J game (specifically Bleach Shiraha Kirameku Rinbukyoku - first NTSC-J that finished downloading) I get a black screen saying "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." in white letters. When I tried a patched version of the game, using Wiigion Free to patch it, it works fine. I did a wire install of my chip and everything looks okay, nothing is crossed and it looks like a clean install as far as I can tell. I hope we all get this fixed soon (my girlfriend is Japanese and she wants a bunch of games her sister plays in Japan).

n0fx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any updates on this? I just installed my wiikey that I recieved yesterday from foundmy. I can play NTSC-U Wii and GC games fine and have tried setting region free with 1.0 and 1.1 config discs. When I try an NTSC-J game (specifically Bleach Shiraha Kirameku Rinbukyoku - first NTSC-J that finished downloading) I get a black screen saying "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." in white letters. When I tried a patched version of the game, using Wiigion Free to patch it, it works fine. I did a wire install of my chip and everything looks okay, nothing is crossed and it looks like a clean install as far as I can tell. I hope we all get this fixed soon (my girlfriend is Japanese and she wants a bunch of games her sister plays in Japan).

Try a different brand of the DVD blank your using. The Wii probably doesn't like the dye used on it.

xiguo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different brand of the DVD blank your using. The Wii probably doesn't like the dye used on it.

No, the DVDs aren't the problem. A bunch of us are having this problem. For us, the NTSC-J games only work on NTSC-U systems when they are patched (even after activating the Region Free option with the wiikey setup disc). All NTSC-U games still work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...