Hacking Really need your advice on this!!

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some advice on whether i should buy a wii from this guy who said he is selling a so called faulty NTSC-U Wii as he has now bought a 2nd hand Pal console with NO cables, power supply, senseor bar or anthing else so he can play his uk games.

I'm not sure how old the wii is but i presume its probaly more than a year. He tells me that the wii starts with no problems and goes into the wii menu. He then said as soon as you try and play a game the SCREEN GOES BLACK!!!!!

He is selling it for £40 and I dont want to question him too much as I thiink he may put the price up.

I have already asked him for the serial number at the bottom of the wii and the date but forgot to ask him if it has been softmodded in the past. I dont think so! I figured i could get the cables cheap somewhere by googling.

Questions?

1. Should I buy it? (bearing in mind i'll only have to spend about £20 on power,wires,sensor etc)

2. Has anyone who HAS NOT SOFTMODDED ever had this problem?
3. Has anyone who HAS SOFTMODDED ever had this problem?

4. Could i fix it as it lets you into the main Wii menu.

5. Is this a common problem?

6. Could i still install boot mii (either as boot1 or boot2 - not sure yet) and launch homebrew channel & preloader 0.29

7. Does anyone now of any other recent/relevant threads with a fix?

Sorry i cannot provide any more information than and thanks in advance for your support!

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
go round and ask him to turn it on, if it boots and a actual game shows up in the drive, then the laser if still working and its probably a bargain i reckon dudes.

biggrin.gif

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its sounds like either a laser issue which you could replace or use usbloader or it could be a software problem but in anycase nothing that can't be fixed for well under the normal price of a second hand wii i say go for it

p.s after you start the game and the screen goes black can you switch off the wii normaly or do you have to hold the power switch for a long time if so then its software as its froze
p.s.s is it possible its just because he was trying to play his PAL wii games on a NTSC wii
blink.gif
(that might explain it)

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that.

Could a wii be modded without the use of the dvd drive without getting it chipped or using something like flatmii. Isn't the dvd drive tied in to the wii functionality?

Could i solve this with usbloader gx or neogamma6?

As long as i can get to the wii menu im home free!! Am I right?

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
p.s after you start the game and the screen goes black can you switch off the wii normaly or do you have to hold the power switch for a long time if so then its software as its froze ?

Not sure it he didn't say,

p.s.s is it possible its just because he was trying to play his PAL wii games on a NTSC wii blink.gif (that might explain it)

nah, he said he could play the ntsc games ok on an old and a new television before he got the prob.

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thebobinc said:
loll there is not event a question , i'm sure there is more in part that the 20 euro you gonna spend,

go buy it!!!

Wish it was 20 Euro mate. Its £40 pounds which is about 65-70ish euro, i think!

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
melodical said:
Thanks for that.

Could a wii be modded without the use of the dvd drive without getting it chipped or using something like flatmii. Isn't the dvd drive tied in to the wii functionality?

Could i solve this with usbloader gx or neogamma6?

As long as i can get to the wii menu im home free!! Am I right?

Anyone got any knowledge on the above?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My power bank is like 130w could probably power today's laptops