Realhotstuff removed all flashcards

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad to see RHS go, I bought both my Supercard DSTwo and Gateway 3DS from them. I wiill truly miss them as they were pretty reliable for a flash card place.

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I got a bad Gateway card from them. I keep getting filesystem error when i try to launch multi rom..

How do I go about getting a replacement..since RHS says that was an all sales are final type dea...

Can Gateway replace it for me?

Your cart is not defective, you must have misread a step. Follow the guides here carefully

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your cart is not defective, you must have misread a step. Follow the guides here carefully

I forgot to update this..Not that it matters anyway since RHS is finished.. I formatted with sd formatter and then used TeraCopy to move the game to the SD card, and by some miracle multi rom menu works.

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to update this..Not that it matters anyway since RHS is finished.. I formatted with sd formatter and then used TeraCopy to move the game to the SD card, and by some miracle multi rom menu works.

Well that's good to hear. It sucks that RHS was one of the few legit shops for the Gateway

Reactions: Ralph1611
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
refunds on credit cards are not instant
can take up to 5 business days. So don't stress. RHS is NOT A SCAMMER. They have been around forever. they are trusted. You will get your money back

Which is stupid because they told me they canceled it while the payment was still pending. I have purchased from them in the past without issue, but I've also had companies that weren't going out of business forget to process a refund before.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sucks, I got my EZFlash 3in1, EZFlash IV (GBA cart style), R4i Gold, Acekard 2i, Supercard DSTwo, and Gateway3DS from them. I always liked that they did not have the word "modchip" in the URL like others. I do not know how other sites work but I do not want the word "modchip" anywhere on the packaging, billing name, or otherwise.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, I have been floating around in these circles for however long now and I think that is the first time I have ever seen anybody object to having modchip on the packaging/billing/return address/whatever. Possible exception for those living in places when customs decides to get a bit overzealous, though even that usually just amounts to putting "electronics sample" on the customs form.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dont think any shop will put modchip on the package or item declaration because it wont pass customs and will just get conficated
They usually just put memory card adapter

Reactions: porkiewpyne

KrzyInuYasha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, sucks this happened, they were the ones I all ways went to for Dev carts. Ordered the 24th, Charged the 25th, and was canceled by them on the 26th, Just got the refund today (27th). So for those who are worried about the canceled orders and refunds they are happening, just need to give it time.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
That is sad news! I remember realhotstuff and I ordered two Acekard 2i from it in year 2011 and never gave any problems to me. I guess Nintendo did bust realhotstuff for sell illegal flash carts. I see other websites don't have phone numbers and addresses. I afraid to order from other website and would possible steal our money without warning. If company had phone numbers and addresses are very important to us. :blink:

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks because they were one of the only ones who accepted other major CC 's besides visa
I remember ordering my GW and was going to buy from mod chip central for the free charge cable but they only take visa and so does mod chips direct they both only accept visa and I only have Amex and
MasterCard but I suppose I could just get a prepaid visa gift card and use that

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does the link lead me to the home page of gbatemp?

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo...to-battle-gateway-3ds-sales-in-the-us.376967/

goddamnit. I need to buy a Gateway right fucking NOW before it's too late.

I GURANTEE so that the hacking community doesn't take it out on BAF (Belgium anti-piracy federation..which is like Nintendo's bitch for anything anti-piracy) they forced them to take down their shit and be quiet about it. But we really fucking know what's going on and who's responsible.

Due to the fact that they cannot honor previous requests means that either all their shit got seized or they were cease and desisted. Either way...Nintendo lobbying is to blame. The Gov't didn't give two shit's about RHS until they threw money at them.

Reactions: weatMod and cvskid

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
they cant shut down the shops in china

no but they can get the government to fearmonger the public to make it a federal offense or a federal infraction against the DMCA so nobody attempts to buy them because they are scared shitless. Money talks.

EDIT: YES THEY DID: they shut down realhotstuff.hk. it's fucking boned. The entire site is gone.
And the .com looks like a hackneed website cobbled up together with Google Pages in 30 minutes. They were shut down.

Nintendo is using the gov't to go for the throat. Soon Modchipcentral and others will be next. If they can't stop gateway's reverse engineering tech. They will stop all suppliers so no one can get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy