You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
howyeman said:
Hey guys I know you wont believe me so I posted a picture on a working solution to play Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story if you have a DSTT!!!

LOL, sorry but true.
You are a true GENIUS!!! I can't believe you worked it out! Will this also work for R4???

pojoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You forgot one of these silly.

nintendo_ds_lite.jpg

Oh and electricity and power of course.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sigfried666 said:
Revolutionize said:
Sigfried666 said:
Meanie. The game may cost you 35$, but here in my country, due to tax and everything, it goes for a quarter of my salary. No way can I go around buying original games.

A quarter of your salary! With taxes and the appropriate conversion it should cost about $70/$80. So you're telling me you make $320 a month. O_O. Unless....you're a teen.

Nope. Here in Brazil the game can be found for $150. If I wait for the game to get old, I can get it for $120.
I get roughly $600 monthly.

Of course, I can import the game, will cost around $100.

Wholy S***, thats $88 in Canada D: ($150 BRL Conversion)
mad.gif

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Bently said:
Sigfried666 said:
Revolutionize said:
Sigfried666 said:
Meanie. The game may cost you 35$, but here in my country, due to tax and everything, it goes for a quarter of my salary. No way can I go around buying original games.

A quarter of your salary! With taxes and the appropriate conversion it should cost about $70/$80. So you're telling me you make $320 a month. O_O. Unless....you're a teen.

Nope. Here in Brazil the game can be found for $150. If I wait for the game to get old, I can get it for $120.
I get roughly $600 monthly.

Of course, I can import the game, will cost around $100.

Wholy S***, thats $88 in Canada D: ($150 BRL Conversion)
mad.gif

I think he was already quoting in USD, correct me if wrong... so it's worse then $88 CDN.

ReavenMK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I live in Brazil as well, and the guy's right. Here, one Dollar is +- 2BR$, however, the stores don't ask for 100BR$ (50$), they ask for 150/200/250BR$ depending on the game (150BR$ as he said are usually the cheaper, a PS3 game is easily on 250/300), so you have most games costing 75/100/125$. It's conversion, taxes, and a NEED to profit. To me this is almost as criminal as piracy itself. For comparison, a DVD (movie) here, costs 50BR$ (25$). Yes, since the government is willing to do things right with the movie industry, we probably pay less for movie DVDs than in NA, however games are not so fortunate (I am not making an excuse for piracy since there's also heavy piracy on movies as well, even though they're cheaper, however, most people CAN buy them if they want, it's reasonable).

A "ok" salary on Brazil is somewhat my compatriot said: 1200BR$ (600$), so, if he spends up to 250BR$ in a game, it's not a quarter, but it's costy as hell. Oh, of course, and most people here do not receive 1200BR$/month (and I'm not talking abou teenagers, and yes about familiy fathers), and that's why a good number of people buy the systems (I bet there's a percentage of NA system sales that comes here), but don't/can't pay the games. Oh, right, about the systems, I paid 600BR$ (300$) on a PSP3000 last month, and I paid CHEAP, I got on our own eBay, most were 700/800BR$ (350/400$).

So, yeah, not making an apology or a excuse for piracy, but while I can pay a game or two, no way I can spend that much. Yeah, "you should not play if you can't pay. I'd drive a Ferrari if I could, but I can't", but I don't think it's that simple.

(Oh an extra: I just remembered, the full package of Beatles Rock Band came for 3000 BR$ (1500$), nice.)

(another comparison, 10 years ago, there was a time 1BR$ = 1$, but a N64 game costed 90 BR$, Ocarina of Time was BR$120 a year later, Majora's Mask BR$150, Pokémon Stadium 2 BR$200, that was also the time when piracy started and grew strong since a pirated PS game costed 10BR$ each CD)

ReavenMK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, and these prices I listed above are for import shops, that ''''''TRY'''''' to get us cheaper, and probably bring the game without taxes (yeah, smuggling). Most Official and Mall shops don't ask less than 300BR$. The official XBOX 360 (actually, the only console that is officialy brought here, the rest are imports), costs 2500/3000 BR$ (1250/1500$), so you get our problem.
wacko.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
RodPN said:
I'm beginning to think we're not going to get a real solution anytime soon

People have been trying to tell all the "Is there a fix for DSTT/R4 yet?" askers for days but nobody wanted to listen and they just kept asking the question over and over.

fermio100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Revolutionize said:
Sigfried666 said:

Look at the flag, it's our reality in Brazil.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fermio100 said:
Revolutionize said:
Sigfried666 said:

Look at the flag, it's our reality in Brazil.
Wow games are a rip off in Brazil...im surprised anyone buys games in Brazil everyone there should just become pirates lol

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSTT but I am thinking of upgrading to an Acekard after this and past incidents where games simply do not play on the DSTT, like Tropix.

Here's my question: what would I need to play Mario & Luigi 3 on it? Just the latest firmware or also the AR code/patch? I apologize for asking for this information again, but I feel if we're going to tell DSTT users this is the way to go to still play the game on the flashcart, having this information recapped in this thread would help.

Edit: one other quick question: how hard would it be to use the same .sav files on an Acekard? Would I have to convert them all or are they the same file type as a DSTTs?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
I have a DSTT but I am thinking of upgrading to an Acekard after this and past incidents where games simply do not play on the DSTT, like Tropix.

Here's my question: what would I need to play Mario & Luigi 3 on it? Just the latest firmware or also the AR code/patch? I apologize for asking for this information again, but I feel if we're going to tell DSTT users this is the way to go to still play the game on the flashcart, having this information recapped in this thread would help.
the game works with AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper repack firmware and the patch

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All joking aside, if DSTT doesn't come up with a patch for this game, it will hurt its sales of both the old DSTT and the new DSTTi as it appears that they take pirating of their own product more seriously than their customers. Which is the true meaning of irony!

If they produce a fix, and I hope they do, then their sales may improve and continue. But most would agree that at the moment the ACEKARD series with both an official firmware and the AKAIO unofficial builds, it makes it very difficult to actually recommend the DSTT other than its cheap and cheerful.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ad_Enuff said:
All joking aside, if DSTT doesn't come up with a patch for this game, it will hurt its sales of both the old DSTT and the new DSTTi as it appears that they take pirating of their own product more seriously than their customers. Which is the true meaning of irony!

If they produce a fix, and I hope they do, then their sales may improve and continue. But most would agree that at the moment the ACEKARD series with both an official firmware and the AKAIO unofficial builds, it makes it very difficult to actually recommend the DSTT other than its cheap and cheerful.
but with the Acekards now being 13$ on dealextreme theres not much incentive to buy a DSTT anymore...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol