Not open for further replies.

notrequired

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dear Members, Administrators and Moderators,

This forum is starting to resemble an art gallery, with many posts asking for opinions on how a signature/avatar looks.

Isn't this supposed to be a Gameboy Advance Forum?
So why is there so much of the forum full of these posts?
The Lastest Thread column on the Main page consisted mainly of Signature related topics today.
Is it really necessary to clutter the forum with 'I made a new sig', 'Rate my Sig' and so forth threads?
Is it at all possible to tone it down a little?
I don't mind art, but as has been stated many times, it slows page loads.

notrequired

SilverGenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol, you make a new account to say this? how pathetic....
but i do agree with you, a GBA-forum should stick to GBA and shouldnt have anything else besides GBA...
Make reviews or something... but forget about the GFX section
on my Retro Forum i have no GFX... why? cuz every forum got it
be smart, be different
wink.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The Graphics section of the website is just another section. You'll see that nearly all the sections of the site are about the gba:
GBA - Games and rom releases
GBA - Emulation
GBA - Devices and Utilities
Flash Advance , Extreme, Flash 2 Advance and EZ-Flash
Game help , hint and tips
Game Development, Roms hacking and Translations
Gbasaves Forums | www.gbasaves.com

If people were to post more topics in these places then you wouldn't see many sig related topics in the 'latest threads' bit on the front page.
If the Graphics section is really getting large then that means that the GBATemp community is very creative, why would we want to stomp on creativity? If anything we encourage creativity at GBATemp.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
This topic wasn`t really a blast... If you would be here as long as I am already you would know that the GBA part and the GFX part in this forum/community just belong together. It`s like this... take it or leave it
wink.gif

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
personally, i don't think the GFX section is the problem. the ppl who are really active in the GFX section, are also active regarding GBA topics, and are not relatively large in number.

but maybe there are a bit too many posts requesting sigs, etc.

PhaTdrU

GBAtemp's Phattest Member (o_O)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
please remember that gbatemp is like a family, and in families there must be different interests among its members, so if gbatemp has more artists than actual game freaks, so be it... games are just a past time and if all the members of gbatemp talk about games only, the board will be boring.... really boring...

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I would not castrate the GFX section. It's true there are a lot of sig stuff and requests. But I would say make a sticky topic stating that who needs a sig can PM people in here... enter some names...
on the other hand such topics usually only persist for a short time and are answered a couple of times and no more. you could make a sig request topic which is sticky so everybody can post in there to not recreate these topics all day long... or even a sig show topic (only one) like the galery so you post in the same topic instead of recreating it over and over again.
I see really no trouble in this situation right now.

Xerone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok guyz look here. Prolly the only reason I'm here is beacuse the graphic section. I'm not saying I dont like the other sections but I'm mainly here for the Graphics because I wanna study to become graphic designer when I go to college. (Long way to go I know....
biggrin.gif
) Plus, there is alot of people here that can help me, teach me new things, help other people.
So, what I'm trying to say is, GBATemp wouldnt be GBATemp without the graphics section.What would Kivan say about this?

Thank you.

P.S. And who the hell are you to say that when this is your 1st post?!
mad.gif

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm with Dragonlord and Opium here. We happen to have some very talented artists here, mostly due to our collective GBA appreciaton, and there's no reason to say "stop it" if all they're doing is generating more traffic, so to speak (while also generating wonderful artwork and teaching new people how to do the same). It's not like they're calling for the deletion of the GBA board or whatnot.

We had this complaint when Off Topic got swarmed by artists, having nowhere else to go. What did we do? We made a new forum and the complaints stopped. Now you're complaining that it's freakin' active? Sheesh, there's no pleasing some people.

I think it's here to stay. Don't worry, we're at heart a gaming forum anyway, and that's the way GBATemp's going to stay.

The fact that you decided to make a new account (which we GREATLY discourage) says that you're nervous about your opinion, and how it would affect your reputation at the other account. This isn't exactly a bold move if you're trying to prove a point, sort of like calling a revolution while hiding behind a mask to escape the fear of nonexistant punishment. Be honest with us and with yourself next time -- the effect would be far greater than a new account.

-Tempest out.

notrequired

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that you decided to make a new account (which we GREATLY discourage) says that you're nervous about your opinion, and how it would affect your reputation at the other account. This isn't exactly a bold move if you're trying to prove a point, sort of like calling a revolution while hiding behind a mask to escape the fear of nonexistant punishment. Be honest with us and with yourself next time -- the effect would be far greater than a new account.

You think you know it all when you are so dreadfully wrong.

This board is such that in order to post you need to register, and thats what I did.
I also never said to 'Stop it', had you read my post properly, I asked if it was
at all possible to tone it down. There is a huge difference, which you apparently 'ignored'.

So take your accusations elsewhere.

notrequired

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If all you did was register to post this up, I'd call this trolling...

Oh wait I have an Idea... I don't have a gba linker so lets remove any and all thread related to it, it's cluttering up the board, and I see the name ez flash way too much...

Back to reality...

Go back to lurking, as your input is not required, notrequired....

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But I would say make a sticky topic stating that who needs a sig can PM people in here... enter some names...
I think that the Graphics is a big part of this forum. I can't say that I've been here since the beginning, but I have been here long enough to remember the slow points where people would post like once every few hours because there was nothing to really talk about.

* notrequired: If you really want to be taken seriously, don't create a new name, speak your mind using your real name.

* Dragonlord: There already is a sticky topic, but no one bothers to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1